Villa Rina Country House Amalfi
US$671
US$1,008
US$948
Hotels.com
All reviewsfresh homemadeclient orientedfantastic homepatio overlookingclimb stepspath of the godson a daily basissmall fridgespent nightsfantastic holidaycar serviceamazing viewsthe buslimoncellothorlemonluggage
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon, earlier this month, and it was simply excellent! Signora Rina made us feel completely at home from the moment we set foot in her house, greeting us with freshly squeezed lemonade (from her own lemon groves no less!) which was well received after the epic climb up from the road below.
We stayed for dinner on the first night, and intended to eat in town the following 3 nights. We went out for dinner the following night, and it didn't even come close to the meals we had at Rina's place, so we decided to stay there for dinner on our remaining nights. The food in Amalfi is ok, but I don't think we could have eaten better in town for the same price as we paid to eat at Villa Rina.
The room (we stayed in the Atrani room) was great and the bathroom was lovely and clean (with a really deep bath!) but the thing which really stole the show was the view from the balcony: Absolutely breathtaking!

Villa Rina may not be the cheapest place, and there's a hell of a lot of stairs to climb to get there (500 exactly, from the town centre... we counted!) but it's worth every penny, and every step. We will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: They all face out to the sea- you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our five day visit to the Amalfi Coast was the highlight of our month long trip in Europe. Although Villa Rina was located above the town, every step was worth it. The view from Rina's terrace was unbelievable. Rina was the greatest hostess. Her culinary abilities were Michelin quality. We dined in every night and each meal was prepared with fresh and local produce. We experienced authentic italian food, which was fantastic. Rina was very helpful in suggesting sightseeing locations around the Amalfi Coast. We will recommend with place to everyone wanting to stay in the Amalfi Coast. Thank you Rina. We will miss you!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kayla G
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My stay at Villa Rina's was absolutely magical. The fresh lemons and fresh produce from her garden that she would prepare the meals with was absolutely delicious. The Villa was perfect for my family. Amazing food, breathtaking views, and Rina is lovely. I would highly recommend staying at Villa Rina's.

Room Tip: There is hundreds of steps to get up to the Villa, so pack light. Also not ideal if anyone you are travelling with is elderly or physically unable to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarissa
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I recently visited the towns of the Amalfi Coast in October. Everyone who travels comes back home with fond memories. Ours was the town of Amalfi due in part to the time we spent at the Villa Rina. Yes, the walk up and down might seem long to some, but for us, it was a walk of beauty and the Villa Rina was worth it. It's hard to explain the beauty and the views afforded by the Villa Rina but we could have sat there all day and soaked in it's treasure. All the rooms were outstanding and all offered views of the sea and landscape. We were amazed at the property full of groves that offered fruit and vegetables that Rina included in her delicious meals. We fell in love with Rina whose warmth and charm only enhanced our stay. My wife and I are already talking about our return. We left feeling that Rina was a part of our family and our experience at the Villa Rina was our fondest memory.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Everett J
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I want to preface this review by saying that I am 57 years old today. I stayed in Villa Rina on 20th of September 2013 for two days.

To get to Villa Rina, you have to climb 269 steps, and yes they are steep. It takes 15 to 20 mins depending on your level of fitness. If you want a hotel and have physical impediments, you probably should stay elsewhere. If you are a middle aged couple, with some lung capacity left, the steps are an excellent way to stay fit.

Once you get to the top, at the Villa, you have an amazing view. What you see is a view of the whole of the Amalfi coast from way up, above Amalfi, looking towards Ravello. Since this is a very old home, it is surrounded by lemon groves, and night the place just lights up. The home has been renovated to exceptional standards, I know as I have a similar home in an Umbrian hill town, and I know quality when I see it. All materials are authentic.

I do love authentic places, and Rina has done an amazing job restoring this house. The rooms were spotless, and we had a beautiful bathroom, so I did not have the experience of a hall bathroom. I have to say that the domed roof and bathroom of the room we stayed in were truly of exquisite taste. Please understand that EVERYTHING in this home had to be brought in on a man's or donkey's back. This is why the place is so beautiful. It has NO road.... But the view from the room and terrace where one eats are just beautiful.

Rina cooks fresh food from the garden. You might wish to tell her if you have any allergies, but in reality she is a brilliant cook, and although she has help, she supervises every detail. Our meals were excellent. Fresh fish, which of course she picks up each morning in the market, and vegetables from her own garden. All cooked simply to perfection.

In short this is perhaps the highlight of our stay in Amalfi. Please note that Amalfi and teh whole coast are best reached by boat and public transport. You cannot use a car, as the road is chock a block with traffic. All the places you may want to visit can be reached in foot, and by public transport.

Summary: This is NOT A CRUISE SHIP holiday, it is the opposite. Thank the lord places like this exist, thanks to the hard work of Rina.

's back, so the

Room Tip: Rooms facing the valley have a balcony and a view to die for,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple