We booked Villa AnnaLara after reading all those good reviews about it and its staff. We might have mistakenly gone to the wrong place, wrong hotel, because our experience was not very pleasant! We totally agree that the hotel itself is nice with an outstanding view on Amalfi and the bay. The room (Ciclamino) was nice, but definitely not worth 120€ in low season.
- The main unpleasant thing is that the staff is rude. In 3 days, we never got the chance to get a smile (except from the cleaner, she was nice), or a “please”, “thank you” etc…
Other negative points;
- Do not go there to feel free of your movements; the owner takes your car away in his "secret" car park (because it’s impossible to park freely in the street; resident permit only) as soon as you arrive. As he does not want to tell you were the car park is, he has to go and get your car if you need it (with 20mn notice). So, to avoid having to go back and forth where he keeps it, he’ll advice you to use public transport instead (you pay again). The car park costs 18€ a day, to be paid cash of course! Way to expensive!
- Very very bad odorant mini bar… Even the bottle of water stunk.
It is regrettable not to be welcomed the way it should be in a hotel. In the end all we wanted was to leave the place (even though we had a short stay). One last thing that says a lot about the owner, he encourages you to pay your stay cash!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Annalara is located on a steep rock, "la Villa", suspended between the mountains and the sea, in the historical center, in a particularly suggestive position. Ideal place where you can revitalize your body and soul, offers relax and strong emotions. The lift will lead our customers on a big terrace, nestled in the green landscape made of lemon trees and age-old plants, surrounded by bougainvilleas, rhododendrons and geraniums. It is like a window on the charming panorama of Amalfi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Villa Annalara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Hotel Annalara
- Relais Hotel Amalfi