We were on our honeymoon and visiting almost the length of Italy, staying at boutique hotels along the way. At first glance this place looks lovely, but we were eventually worn out by it and left a day early, I wish it had been sooner.
A few reasons why we left:
• Crumbs on seats, not cleaned up = no attention to detail or enough concern for guests
• We traveled light which meant by the time we arrived at Le Palme, we needed some clothes cleaned. We inquired about a laundry service on our first day, agreed a price with the owners, who informed us that our laundry would be clean, dry and in our room by the next day. We expected an outsourced laundry service, but that night we found our smalls and the rest of our clothes on show drying on one of the terraces, not impressed. Anyway I say drying, unfortunately that was the opposite of what they were doing, by the time we left, half of our clothes were still wet and half of it stank, needless to say we did not pay for this service, however we were even more inconvenienced by having to lug around laundry which was still either wet or smelly - pissed off is an under statement!
• The breakfast was cheap and limited - croissants and coffee were nice (had to ask them to bring milk everyday) and the cheap cheese toastie was okay, but if you want any variety tough luck, this was it, every single day.
• From most of the reviews we had read and the hotel website we were expecting “stunning sea views". However, the only ‘window’ in our room was our entry/exit door which opened onto a terrace. This meant that we could not leave the door open as we would have had no privacy whatsoever, NOT conducive to a romantic honeymoon. Besides that, our ‘view’ was an overgrown bush!
• The room was very dark, even with the curtains drawn, which made it quite uncomfortable and cold-feeling.
• The shower screen did not fit the bath it was attached to, which meant water leaked on the floor
• The website says the hotel is 200 steps from Amalfi, that is only if you take every third step at a time - it's a major workout and not something you want to do every night after an evening meal in the town.
• The furniture was old or shabby and what's with the weird artwork, if you aren't an interior designer, keep it simple or find a beautiful room on the internet and copy it, it's not rocket science.
• There is a lounge with a bar, but the family always seem to be lounging around in this area so we didn't feel comfortable using it. The lady owner smiled at us a lot and shouted at her children a lot, something best done behind closed doors, or it would be if one our doors wasn't adjoined to the lounge and we heard every sound including the telephone ringing first thing in the morning.
I could go on, but I've already lost another hour of my life writing this review. Let's hope you either don't stay here or the hotel has new owners and the place has a major overhaul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warm welcome of the Cuomo Family, the comfort of the room, the small swimming pool, the wonderful view on the Amalfi Coast, guarantees you a relaxing stay at very convenient prices.The House is linked with a restaurant situated just 20 meters away from the beach of Atrani, which proposes a traditional and creative cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Palme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Palme Amalfi
- Le Palme Hotel Amalfi