“Salvatore, Sonia and Antonietta - THANK YOU!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Le Palme
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
SouthernCalifornia
“Salvatore, Sonia and Antonietta - THANK YOU!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I think all the previous reviews say it all, I can only add that whatever you need to do get to Le Palme Amalfi - train, bus, boat, bike, feet - whatever, do it and let Salvatore, Sonia and Antonietta show you one of the most memorable experiences of your life. Salvatore's fantastic restaurant in Atrani was amazing, the walks down the steps were inspiring and Antonietta's spirit and caring were second to none. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

1 Thank SouthBaySiteSeer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

ok so firstly I'm not going to lie, there are a heck of a lot of steep stairs either down from the bus stop or up from the town.... however if you are willing to tackle these you will not be dissapointed..... this hotel is a little gem and i definately would go back......

the hospitality and rooms are excellent and the view is to die for.... I will never forget evenings on the terrace here!!

Kitchener
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

After a whole days travel from Rome via train, ferry and bus, the 300 steps down to the Le Palme Hotel from the top road was like crossing the finish line into paradise. We were greeted by our beautiful hostess Antoinetta, who had the most genuine caring smile. After a cold drink we were shown to our room, which was absolutely beautiful. The room was large, bright, and immaculately clean. A large whirlpool tub in the bathroom, gave the room a spa feeling. The view of the emerald green sea outside our patio doors was unbelievable. Breakfast every morning was delicious, with excellent cupuccino, and freshly baked pastries. The family owned Le Palme restaurant in Atrani was excellent as well. They even made a special birthday dessert for my husband. I would recommend the Le Palme Hotel to everyone. The only concern would be the stairs for a person with physical challenges. However, if you are fit, and enjoy adventure, then this Hotel is an absolute gem.

1 Thank JERKitchener
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

My daughter and I traveled from Rome to Amalfi (my graduation present to her) . Our stay was short but memorable. Not only for the beautiful views and relaxing atmosphere, but because of the wonderful people we met who own and run the hotel (bed and breakfast). We were made to feel like family and our every need was looked after and taken care of by Antonietta, Sonia and Salvatore. The hotel was immaculate, with a veranda that overlooked the Mediterranean with a gorgeous view of Amalfi bay. The water literally sparkled like Christmas tree lights in the morning as Sonia and Antonietta served breakfast.

Yes, you need to walk down stairs to get to it, but we had help with our bags going down and then going back up when we left. For my daughter and I we felt it was well worth it.

The food was good, the service great, the rooms immaculate, the view gorgeous and the people wonderful.

Oh and btw, plan on visiting Salvatore's restaurant where ever you stay in Amalfi, it's in the next town over but a short cab ride and has wonderful fresh seafood cooked up by Salvatore's brother. You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2009
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

My husband and I had two nights at Le Palme in May 2009. The Amalfi coast is a stunning part of Italy. However beware that the driving is crazy, and at times very scary, with narrow roads and too many fast drivers!

Le Palme is situated on a hill out of Amalfi - we had quite a bit of trouble finding it as there are no signs on the road indicating its location. However, a helpful local kindly phoned Antoinetta who met us on the road up from the B&B. The room we had was spacious, and Antoinetta was very hospitable. We enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony - the views are incrediable.

If you have time we would definetely recommend visiting the church in Amalfi - it is a beautiful church. We would also highly recommend going to Pompeii city (city destroyed by colcanic eruption in 79AD) and Postitano (beautiful town with houses perched on the cliff).

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryzone
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

I have to say I struck out in terms of weather during my 2-night stay, which dramatically effected my experience in the Amalfi area & at Le Palme. For example...the 300 stairs that you need to traverse to reach the B&B might not be so bad...when they're DRY. The same can be said for the trail/path you take to meander down into town. Slippery when wet to be sure. When I arrived, I struggled to find the correct trail to take down to the B&B, and my phone didn't work in Italy so I had a difficult time getting situated. I was only blessed with the gorgeous view on the morning of my departure, the coast was pretty socked in for a couple days. All that aside, my stay was still enjoyable. The room was clean and an excellent value. Antonietta took wonderful care of me and if the weather situation had been different, I think Le Palme would have worked out well for my travels.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

My husband and I really enjoyed our 3-night stay at Le Palme B&B. Coming from Canada, we were looking for an authentic Italian experience and that is what we got at Le Palme. It is a family run B&B situated between Amalfi town (on the water) and Pogerola (small town high up on the mountain top). It is surrounded by terraces of olive trees and lemon groves. Antoinetta and Salvotore are wonderful people and we had a nice time chatting with them about Italian culture and life on the Amalfi coast. Besides their warm hospitality, we loved the breakfast which consisted of a variety of pastries, cakes, grilled sandwiches. It was the best breakfast in our 2.5 week stay in Italy. And the view from the terrace is amazing. We stayed in a Superior Double Room with Jacuzzi Tub - spacious, traditionally decorated, very homey feel, with well stocked mini-bar and TV. For the best view request the largest room situated on the top floor.

To reach Le Palme B&B, catch the Pogerola bus from Amalfi town and get off at the Excelsior Hotel. The road is very windy and offers breathtaking views. Look for the unmarked staircase on the exterior of the Excelsior Hotel and walk down the stairs until you reach Le Palme. We packed light (back-packs) and this made it very easy to traverse the steps. Each morning we enjoyed beautiful views while walking down the stairs to Amalfi town. Stairs are a part of daily life in this area. Everything (furniture, appliances, etc) is transported by hand down stairs as most homes on the hillside have no vehicle access. It has been this way for generations, and I loved experiencing a different way of life.

We had lunch at the Cuomo family restaurant, also named Le Palme but located in the town of Atrani (5-10 minute walk from Amalfi). I recommend eating there. The seafood sampler (fish done in 6 different ways - traditional style to gourmet) was very good as was the pasta.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple