See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights with 3 girlfriends in early May. We paid a pretty reasonable price and got the apartment at the very top, with 2 balconies and beautiful views of the ocean. The apartment was clean and simple, perfect for us to chill out by night and very well situated next to the jetty and bus area to catch buses to other towns along the coast. All of us travelled with a giant suitcase each, and from the moment we met the manager of the hotel, James, we were impressed by his hospitality- he carried each of our super-heavy luggages up what seemed like 15 flights of stairs each way when we arrived and departed, and was very helpful throughout our stay showing us around, helping us book travel tickets, etc. We were really sad to leave this place and this was definitely a highlight of our Italian adventure. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was researching for a long time for a nice hotel or bed and breakfast in the Amalfi area and most of them looked wonderful but were extremely expensive. Hence it was a nice surprise when I discovered Camere con Vista. Although there were some mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to try this place. And my only deduction, is that there are many budget travellers who have unrealistic expectations, paying a little, but expecting the sky.

My flight was a little late, but when I arrived I was greeted by the proprietor who quickly showed me my room. I booked 2 nights and my room had a wonderful view of the beach and port and it was centrally located to the main Piazza. Being in the centre was really a blessing, as it saved me a lot of time and possibly expensive taxi costs! The room had all the basic facilties that one would expect from a bed and breakfast, clean and well maintained. But the real star of this place was the magificenet view. I know many travellers pay up to 500 euro a night for a similar view at a 5-star hiotel. But over here, I got it at a fraction of the cost.

I love the south of italy. And if I should come here agin, I would defintley book Camera coin Vista again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DivaNdrama
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Arrived in Amalfi and was rushed into something not suitable for human habitation. Ants everywhere, drains blocked as each time you would try to shower the kitchen flooded. Spoke to James the "manager" and asked why our room did not look like the one we brought on the internet and was told "we have a problem" . I replied that we don't have a problem, you have a problem, the problem is that you have posted photos of two different properties on the net which is very misleading. Would not recommend this to any fellow traveller, there are a lot of good hotels in Amalfi which are cheaper, cleaner and of a much higher quality.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The service is non existent. Do not expect the same as a hotel. On check in they smooth talk and impress you but after that you never see them again. There is no reception in the building, this is located quite a walk away from the rooms. It is extremely noisy. The door leading in and out of the B & B bangs open and closed all day, all hours. You can hear people talk in the passage. Do not book room nr. 1 as it is right at the door and the worst, but even room 2 you can still hear it. The location is great tho and the view is really awesome but this is the only 2 good things. If you can survive on very little sleep then this is your place to stay. The breakfast is a cup of cold coffee and a croissant (which comes only 10 minutes after you are done with your cold coffee). The restaurant owner is rude and unhelpful. When we asked for slice of bread instead of croissant her refused. I left without eating and they still charged me full price for the breakfast. The beds are very uncomfortable and the aircon works at it's own pace. The showers don't work properly. They say the room comes with a fridge but the fridge packs very very little. They rate themselves 4 star but my personal rating from experience is a 2. The Italy rating system must work very different to the rest of the world. It is way...way... overpriced.

Room Tip: Do not book room nr 1. very very noisy
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My friend and I stayed here for about 3 nights, following Rome, Sorrento, Isle of Capri and prior to Positano. The location was great - close to centre of Amalfi and nice views over the water. Price was very reasonable and what you would expect from the standard. Having said that, I would probably try somewhere else next time as it felt a little unclean (eg, I didn't want to take my shoes off inside, didn't really want to sit on the couch) and was very much a 2.5 - 3 star based on the decor/furniture etc.

The room we had had a very small "balcony" - actually more like a floor to ceiling window with a railing across it (see pic), not big enough to put chairs and table on, but still a nice view. Was handy being self contained, but given that we couldn't hang out on the balcony, there wasn't much incentive to eat at home.

Overall - well priced, but you get what you pay for, great location and nice views but I would prefer to pay a little more and stay somewhere a bit nicer, and if I went back I would do that. If you're not fussed about the standard, then would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends