“Mrs.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Y9136RShe...
“Mrs.”
Reviewed 3 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

We’ve just enjoyed a lovely 4 nights at this B&B. A lovely family home and the whole family were very welcoming - nothing was too much trouble - including changing dates around, local transport recommendations, tickets for the local buses and enabling a delayed checkout when one of our party was unwell.
The location has fabulous views and is easy 10 mins walking access to the best local public beach, with fabulous swimming and walking routes nearby.
Access to the local towns is easy, the only downside is the busy road and the noise of buses tooting and mopeds - but this is the same along the whole coast.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay - big thanks to Tatiana, Salvatore & Eva!!

Jay C
“Nice View, That’s all!”
Reviewed 28 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

Let me start by saying that if you are looking for nothing else but a view consider it. As for the rest of it it wasn’t very pleasant. It was very difficult to get to the house from Amalfi. After a train, and boat ride! We had to take a tight bus with all our luggage from Amalfi. Once we arrived we were greeted by the husband outside. The wife and husband speak Italian so communicating was difficult for us. The check in process wasnt very communicative, basically asked for our passports, and she disappeared. She did offer us orange juice. The room was as bare bones as you can get, no TV, no phone, air conditioning barely worked, and the worst part was the bed. It was like someone laid plywood over springs. Hot and irritated we asked where the nearest place to eat was.

This is where it gets dicey. The nearest town is Atrani, about a 15 minute walk down a very narrow cliff with cars passing by. It was very scary and for us felt incredibly dangerous especially with how people drive out here. The restaurant in Atrani was nice, but we were dreading the walk back. Breakfast at the B&B was store bought croissant and dry bread in plastic, juice and coffee. After a terrible nights sleep we decided to look for another hotel and were so lucky to find a room at Residenza Luce in the center of Amalfi.

We had prepaid for 3 nights here so when were getting ready to leave the daughter threatened to call the police if we didn’t pay the city tax. We at no point were looking to create a problem, we just didn’t want to offend them about the accommodations and it was hard for us to explain to them why we were leaving. We offered to pay the tax but the mother said no we were free to leave. We basically threw away a little over $300 on the two nights we didn’t use.

In summary, I’m giving them 3 stars because they seemed like nice people, the view from the room was very good, minus the huge metal blinds blocking it. If you are looking for a traditional Italian experience with little comfort or amenities it might be for you. Overall for what we paid here we expected way more, and are slightly suspicious of the reviews about this place. We booked this as a vacation rental on TA and didn’t see the actual bed and breakfast page for the property. We could have lived with it but the hard bed and distance to town made us very uncomfortable. We are very happy we found the other hotel as it was one of the best experiences my wife and I have ever had.

Management Response
14 Jul 2018
Dear Jay C,

Thank you for your compliment about the view but I guess you were complimenting the Amalfi Coast more than our B&B. Below some points that I would like to note on your comments; just for clarity... the text in brackets is what you stated and the text in Italic is my answer.

"It was very difficult to get to the house from Amalfi"
I think that if you browse any serious holiday booking website they all highlight the amenities of the Amalfi Coast, the narrow and picturesque streets and the never ending steps; this is also why people from any corner in the world do visit the Amalfi Coast. If you were expecting highways, or miles of sandy beaches, hundreds of buses etc... then I would strongly suggest to visit California next time.

"The check in process wasnt very communicative, basically asked for our passports, and she disappeared"
It is really funny.... if my mother, yes that woman is my mother, is too friendly then it might be pointed as too friendly; this time you are complaining about being too evasive. I am sure that if you had questions and you tried to ask, my mother would have been capable to answer as she always did in the last 45 years in managing tourist businesses. Why you did not ask nothing? Anyway next time please do.

"The room was as bare bones as you can get, no TV, no phone, air conditioning barely worked, and the worst part was the bed. It was like someone laid plywood over springs"
I experienced the double beds to yuor region , which are like our single beds and I do understand that you guys like to disappear into the mattress; well when you visit another Country you also embrace the culture and the life style of that Country and we,Italians" do like orthopaedic beds as we do care about our spine and our rest hours.As for the bare bone room... well you had exactly what you booked; maybe someone else booked on your behalf? In this case you know who to complain to. The air conditioning is working fine; infact we did had other guests in your same room and they have not complained at all. However again... if you had asked then we could have arranged an extra portable air conditioning unit at no extra cost.

"The nearest town is Atrani, about a 15 minute walk down a very narrow cliff with cars passing by. It was very scary and for us felt incredibly dangerous especially with how people drive out here."
I understand, after driving in UK for over 15 years, how you are shocked about the Italian driving style... however in AMalfi we never had any person hit by a car, or bus; I think you cannot say the same yuor country where people do drive at the unusual slow speed of 30 miles an hour. i always thought why British people do botehr buying fats car if they always drive at 30 miles per hour. But I know... other Country, other life style and I accepted that. You should start to learn to do the same when coming in Italy again and hopefully in our B&B.

"Breakfast at the B&B was store bought croissant and dry bread in plastic, juice and coffee."
You mean the same items you can find in Tesco, Asda or the posh British Marks & Spencer shops? Yes but... the orange juice is the "Smooth Tropicana" and the Croissant is from "Mulino Bianco" which is one of our best brands for breakfast food. Not bad for a B&B right?

"We offered to pay the tax but the mother said no we were free to leave. We basically threw away a little over $300 on the two nights we didn’t use"
Basically you want to rephrase this by saying that even you had nor room or facts for any complain and even if my mother had all the legal right to ask for the full payment as stated in your booking confirmation, she was so kind and gentle that to not to upset you, she kindly offered to not to ask for any payment. If this bothered you I am more than happy to send you an email with my bank info for you to do a bank transfer for the money you still own to us.

Thanks! I appreciate it and I do also think that you are lovely people too. As fr the metal blinds blocking it... they can be opened; of course, in UK there are no metal blinds so you were not aware of how to use it. Shame you did not ask for help. My silent mother would have quickly appeared, opened the blinds for you and disappeared again.

Anyway, thank you for the 3 stars and I do hope to see you again; this time I will ask for the full payment in advance though... just in case.

Best regards

B&B la rosa dei venti Since 1971
h0lani
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful stay at the Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed 7 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

My daughter and I had a wonderful time here. The owners were very helpful with all what we needed. He even drove us to town one afternoon when the bus was taking its time coming. Very pleasant and comfortable

Shailesh...
“Excellent Experience and loved our stay”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Very good location very close to Amalfi and Atrani but away from maddening crowds. Atrani is about 7 minute walk from the place and Amalfi is just about 5 minutes further. It just takes a little bit to get used to walking on one side of the road with cars driving by. Bus stop going to Amalfi and places close by is right next to La rosa dei venti. Mr. Albino offered to drive us to Amalfi few times when the bus schedule conflicted with our plans. Our stay was very comfortable, the place is very clean and tidy. Breakfast was always served promptly at the requested time. Mr. and Mrs Albino are very professional and pleasant hosts.

claireb22...
New York City, New York
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

My mother and I stayed at La rosa dei venti for two nights and our experience was simply perfect! Our hosts were amazing and provided a truly welcoming environment. The B&B was very clean (immaculate) and had the most picturesque views of the coast right from our room. We truly felt like we were staying with family and I genuinely hope to return one day!

Salvatore even drove us to the port in Amalfi very early the morning we checked out, so we could catch our ferry to Capri!

To the owners of La rosa dei venti- thank you for a truly wonderful stay!

Your age range 25-34
Amelia J
“Wonderful stay with magnificent hosts”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Firstly, our hosts were so lovely. Our room was just perfectly sized, with a really nice air con. Walking distance from Amalfi, also it's very easy to bus to other towns along the Amalfi coast! Would 100% recommend staying here.

Vita P
“Perfect stay with nice view of the Amalfi coast”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We were very happy to stay in this familiar B and B. The owners were very kind and helpful. The breakfast was simple in italian style based on sweet. Ideal location for exploring the Amalfi coast. Very nice beach behind the rock just 5minutes walk from the accommodation. One of the best beaches on the coast.. Only you must calculate with add. price for extra garage and air conditioning, but OK. It is easy to park the car there. Amalfi was 10 minutes by walk. From Amalfi you can go to Capri by boat or to different places. We can recommend to everyone.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
16 Jul 2016
thanks for yuor positive review, it was a pleasure having you as our guests.

Kind regard
B&B la rosa dei venti
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing