Bottom line first:
If you are looking for a good location, fully equipped place for families too – it is for you.
However if you look for a pretty top-notch spa-like accommodation to indulge yourself – it is certainly NOT.
- Paola – our contact in the place was wonderful and took good care of us
- Location – it’s in the outskirts of the Saleron, beside a forest, close to start of Amalfi road
- Inventory – it has everything a family may need and the kitchen is fully equipped.
- You have to drive around with your trash to the main gate for disposal
- The place needs maintenance (mold, paint, toilets)
- Heavy gate for car pass you have to manually open and lock (when it is raining too)
- Dark inside the house – need stronger light bulbs
- You must have a car. There is a steep trail from the main gate to the apartments
- There is a cellular tower (antenna) less than 500 mr from the apartments
- The sign marking the entrance to the place is too small
- We had a mouse in the room – guess it comes with the forest (nature)
- You can hear the noise from the other apartments.
- Washing machine is outside the apartments
- There is a key activating the electricity indoors. It is welded to the general key-chain meaning even if you go to the safe – you force a power down
The site is located in the outskirts of Salerno. It is about 20 min from driving from the beginning of the Amalfi road. It is situated in an uphill location above the actual city. It is truly beautiful however – I cannot imagine someone staying here without a car.
The site is more of an apartment’s hotel then a vacation rental. There are quite a few apartments and in addition a wedding garden and several constructions in this resort that are under construction. Nevertheless it is family owned and the contact that took care of us – Paola was great.
Spotting the place from the road was difficult – the gate’s sign should be bigger.
As far as flats go – I’m talking about FLAT No.1 – the place is rather big, roomy. Livingroom, 2 bedrooms, 2 showers.
Overall condition – the place will benefit from a fresh coat of paint inside the house and some reinforcement of the toilet seats. One of the showers was in a bad shape and there is mold on the AC unit outside. The heating didn’t work when we got there – they had their repairman fix it the next morning. The lighting of the place is not so good as there are many but of a low-watt light-bulbs.
Kitchen – full size refrigerator, microwave, gas stove-top and per-request a small baking oven. Everything in working condition (even if not new). When something was missing – Paola took care of it. The washing machine is right outside the kitchen door.
Trash – they practice separation of organic, metal, plastic and so on. There are of 4 trash bins inside the house you are required to empty these bins into the bigger trash-cans outside the main gate to the site – which actually means you have to drive around with the trash in your car. We stayed for several days and cooked. Driving with trash is not to my liking.
Bedrooms – 2 of those on FLAT No.1 – the beds are great, there is plenty of storage space. One even has a safe.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|