“Great base to explore area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi

Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Salerno
“Great base to explore area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here for 5 night in July with 2 kids (aged 7 ad 11) and 4 adults. We had booked 2 rooms which were on the 2nd floor.
The rooms are very neat and modern and we asked for a sea facing room which were great.
They were cleaned every day and had a nice size fridge to store that days' food-shopping.
Beds were comfortable and the kids had a fold out sofa that was also comfortable for them to sleep on. There was plenty of secure parking that was free and right infont of the hotel.
The hotel is nicely situated and were able to explore Naples, Amalfi and the coast line with no problems.
The hotel pool was a pleasure to start and end the day. They provide fresh towels and have a life guard. There is also a play areas for the kids including jungle gym, fooseball table and table tennis.

Two things to complain about:
1. Air condition is switched off between certain hours of the day and night. It is not a hotel fault but a municipality regulation.

2. Breakfast was hit and miss. Sometimes decent most of the time not. Eggs were constantly cold, running out of food etc. Not great at all and not a good reflection on this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Direzione S, Room Division Manager at Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Sir,
thank you for transmitting us your positive feedback about your recent stay at Novotel Salerno.
We are extremely pleased to realize that you fully enjoyed your experience with us, appreciating our service, attention to details and, I understand your sentiment in regards the air condition and the breakfast,and I want to assure you that we are currently working on this.
We, all, look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best regards,
Susanna Marci
Room Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Valladolid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our room was on the fifth floor and had sea views. Actually the hotel is very nice, new, modern and clean and the service is fantastic. There is wifi in all areas, breakfast has everything: cereal, juice, scrambled egg cooked and cold meats, pastries ... There is parking on the outside and one underground, very interesting in this area because parking in the city is very expensive !
It also has a large pool, spa and gym.
The area is quiet and yet far from the center, well connected with bars and pizzerias nearby.

Room Tip: Clean and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Direzione S, Room Division Manager at Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Guest,
We are extremely pleased to realize that you fully enjoyed your experience with us, appreciating our service, attention to details and, above all, staff professionalism and attitude.
We, all, look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best regards,

Susanna Marci
Room Division Manager
Ballymena, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

stayed 3 nights room had balls of dust and hair under tables no kettle in room asked for one told one would be brought up right away no one came so an hour later went down to reception and got it myself. Dinner in restaurant was very poor not what you expect from a novotel and breakfast was a joke got down at 8am tour coaches had left but staff did not replenish the food for guest coming later. Having stayed in accor hotels for years this was a let down pity they wouldn't go the genoa and see how a top class novotel is run.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MIgliaccio M, Direttore at Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by responding to our survey.
We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.
We would like to reassure you we have already put in place the necessary measures to guarantee that the standard meets your expectations. We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May for two nights at the end of a holiday in Italy. The hotel was convenient, had free parking and was only a short drive to Salerno. The room appeared to be clean and tidy but after the first night we suffered from a few mosquito bites. We were suprised as the weather was cold and we had been traveling in the area for a week and had not had any other bites at all. We had a good look around the room as it was air conditioned and there was no obvious signs of mosquitos when we arrived. We swatted four mosquitos in the room in the morning. We checked the room the second night before we went to bed and found another two both around the air handling unit (which had weird slats into the ceiling where you could also see all of the silver ceiling units). As it was quite late and we thought we must have got them all we went to sleep. The next morning we woke up absolutely covered in fresh bites. We had 30 bites between my husband and I including bites on my face. We killed another 6 mosquitos all full of blood !

We went to tell the reception as clearly they had some sort of infestation coming through the air handling units. The response was shocking when the gentleman at reception told me that they had this problem in quite a few rooms and this was quite normal in Salerno. Having travelled extensively in the region and Italy as I have family in the area I knew this was rubbish and he just shrugged his shoulders. I reported the problem to the hotel on my return via their online questionnaire and just got a standard response.

I would not stay in this hotel again if you paid me. My husband and I are covered in blistering bites, having to bathe in dettol every night, use creams, take medication and at least a couple of my bites are so bad they'll leave scarring on my hands and arms.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MIgliaccio M, Direttore at Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in Novotel Salerno.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

First off, when you check in, please maake sure that you know what is included in your package because the people at reception sure as heck dont seem to know and will charge you for everything. My group of 5 ere shocked when after 4 days , we checked out and were charged for breakfast and wifi, which when you are on a tight budget came as a blow. No flexibility, you pay.

Staff generally very amenable but it helps if you speak a bit of Italian. Very much set up for the home market with little allowance for foreigners.

Rooms are great, no problem there but you might be advised to eat out as they as I felt their restaurant was very expensive and portions would only satisfy a small hamster.

Hotel is outside of town so a E15 taxi ride geets you into town, but without transport you are very much stranded.

Not a bad hotel but the bust up regarding the bill at the end really left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Confirm your package in writing and have it with you on check in. If it is hot and you need to co...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is modern, well designed , smart and highly functional. Service at reception was excellent with staff capable of answering complicated queries in English and processing the bills of many single businessmen effectively at check out. Our room was excellent, providing space and the work desk we required for our laptop and I was impressed by the high standards maintained by cleaning staff. We ate twice in the hotel restaurant,which offers a reasonable choice of food at hotel prices and, surprisingly, a 14 euro bottle of excellent local wine that did not appear to be included in the wine list but was recommeded by the waitress. However, whilst the waiting staff were pleasant and the meal tasty, my husband and I were rather depressed by the number of single diners,( probably businessmen) who spent their time there texting or reading newspapers.In consequence, we fled on our third evening to the Ristorante il Timone,( out of the hotel and walk to your right) which offered a delightful ambience and good food.If we had not been forced to stay indoors during our second evening by a thunder storm, this great eating place would have had more of our custom. Also, during hot weather, it must be disappointing for those who wish to swim after 6pm when the pool closes.Surely 7pm would be more appropriate! Perhaps hotel policy is governed by the employment of a lifeguard, a move which is which is commendable in view of the welcome afforded to family groups. In general, then, this hotel is extremely convenient for those who wish to avoid the very busy centre of Salerno, park easily, and enjoy the excellent standards maintained by the the management. If you wish to be in the hear of Salerno , however, then look at the location of this hotel on the map before you commit yourself

Room Tip: Our room at the side overlooked fields and was quiet despite the proximity of the railway line.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MIgliaccio M, Direttore at Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Customer Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel. My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Novotel hotels. Yours sincerely.

Gloucester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

The overall impression was very good. reception staff were very professional. Bar staff were far from competent. I asked and received a 200ml small beer, I expected Italian draught beer, but was charged for 330ml can of Heineken. When I asked where the other 130ml was I was told I had asked for 200ml. When I asked why I had not been given the local beer on draught I was told the pumps had not been installed yet, and I had been given the next equivalent. I asked for the the bill to be reduced. no. I was offered another beer which I declined as I was driving. I was not impressed Novotel.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,First of all thank you for taking the time to give us your impressions and comments about your last stay at Novotel Salerno.We thank you for providing us the information that can better help us to understand your point of view about the stay. We would like to ensure you, that we keep your comment very clear for your next stay with us. We would like to thank you as well for pointing out the friendliness of my staff, we will share with them your comments. Your opinion is very important for us to improve ourselves and we will keep your remarks in our mind. Overall we hope you could keep a nice memory of your stay in Salerno and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel. Best regards,