“Surprising find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Salerno
Swanbourne, Australia
“Surprising find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This little hotel is tucked away between three cafes/restaurants in Salerno. Reception is in the cafe bar. It is family run and they are very friendly, and between broken Italian (mine) and some English (theirs) we managed! The rooms are very clean, air-conditioned and quiet with the windows shut. The rooms appear to have been renovated recently. The building is very old - apparently 500 years in places and used to overlook the sea before Il Duce built an enormous town hall in front of it in the 1930! (At least that is what I thought I understood). The food in the fish restaurant is good, but expensive, but the pizzas and drinks in the cafe are excellent and well-priced - the coffee is excellent. The cafe bustles day and night - a real local hangout which is fun. I was alone for the second night and felt very well looked after, to the extent of being taken to the railway station when my taxi was taken by some men!

Room Tip: I had the triple room at the front with the street outside. Plenty of room but the windows need to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ermie2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bucharest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel has good location, 1km to the port and few hundred meters from the historical centre. It consists of a set of rooms located in two old buildings. There is no front desk, the staff from the bar near will accomodate you. But the first thing you should know before booking this hotel is that there are two different types of rooms for which you pay the same price. One is 1 star, terrible, worn out and very noisy, the other is a 3 star according to the standards. I have booked directly with the hotel so I got the 1star room. Let me give you an idea of what to expect should you have the misfortune to be placed in such a room. The room is spacious and has a shared balcony facing the street. The furniture is old and unuseful. The bathroom is clean but unwelcoming and the shower doesn't work properly. The water does not mix and it is mostly cold.
As in Italy it's extremely hot in August, you would expect at least a functional air conditioning. Bad luck again! It was so old and finished that even if I let it on from the morning till evening, it was still hot in the room. The remote had sticky batteries, that I finally made work.
At night, there is so much noise from the near bar that you cannot sleep.
The staff of the bar/hotel is ok, but nothing special.
The breakfast consists of one pastry and coffee and you have it at the bar.

I would never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone who wants to sleep and feel the minimum amount of confort.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lady_A_J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Albergo del Centro Storico. It's a family run place and the staff is exceptional. They always go out of their way to help. The food is delicious, the rooms and clean and modern and it's in a great location. My group and I could not have asked for a better place. Our only regret is that we didn't stay long enough. We love the Albergo and will definitely be going back in the near future. Thank you for making our vacation so memorable!!!! :0)

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank ElysiaPie
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

It is the most magnificent experience. A stay that brings you to the core of culture. Thank you to Concetta and her team, umber to , generosso and Gaetano to make this stay memorable. It's a must stay and eat

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sandra T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am not sure where to start! My stay at Albergo del Centrom Storico was AWESOME! The staff is so kind, friendly, and welcoming - specifically Davide Parcheri. He went out of his way to help my friends and I with everything from food, transportation, etc. I really felt at home here. The rooms were so spacious and comfortable! I was suprised by how affordable it was and expected minimal accomdations but my expectations were far from exceeded! They even brought our coffee and breakfast to our room the day we checked out so we could pack! I more than recommend this place! And tell Davide Hi from the California crew! :)

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank HayleaMinks
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I'm currently staying at the albergo del centro storico. Wonderful accommodations. Clean, lovely and quaint...close to everything. The staff is first rate and are willing to help with anything and e everything. Very close to shops, restaurants and bars. Minor language barrier but I am in their country....this is my issue...they work very hard to communicate and make your stay memorable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The staff was super friendly and responsive, they all did everything to help us cope with different situations we got into: 1. They helped us with the parking. A person from the garage came to pick the car, parking costs 13 eur/24h. 2. I got high fever (40+) as soon as we checked in (ate some spoiled food in some other place probably). They helped us with the food in the room for my wife - chef came to help her choose the food and served it so nicely. 3. When I've cut my toe they provided us with medicines we needed. There is no problem with checking from the bar counter downstairs. You are not there for 5 star hotel, so why you complain? There are always people willing to help you in the 24h bar downstairs - so that's even a plus!

One thing I didn't like was the sound of music coming from the bar downstairs. I think it's because the speaker was installed right below our floor. But it wasn't loud after 23.00 so it wasn't a problem for us. Anyway, the people were so responsive I'm 100% sure they would change the room if we complained!

Room Tip: never ever book a room with a street view unless you want to have a load speaker right under your be...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple