“Excellent! If in Salerno, eat here!”

Ristorante Il Pacchero
Ranked #14 of 701 Restaurants in Salerno
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent! If in Salerno, eat here!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Great host and amazing meal! Not much more to say! Absolutely brilliant! Nothing wrong! Very nice family run ristorante!

• Visited August 2013

“Excellent service, food & atmosphere.”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

If in Salerno, you must come to this place, it is fantastic. Great local produce, served fresh & is very authentic.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Two fantastic lunches”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I chose to visit this restaurant based on it getting such good reviews on here and the reviews are right, it's fantastic! Tucked away off the main street I probably wouldn't have noticed it so very glad I found out about it beforehand. The service was very friendly and the guy who runs it speaks great English. I was not given a menu (this seems to be the norm in many Italian restaurants), just discussed a few options with the waiter. This was the best thing to do as I may not have dared picked something I'd never heard of off the menu. Whilst I waited for my meal some nibbles were brought out to keep me going, freshly cooked seaweed dumplings, incredible. The food was beautiful and just to top it all off the waiter brought me a complimentary glass of strawberry liquer afterwards!
I returned a few days later it was so good and spent a few hours having lunch and chatting to the waiter to avoid the rain!
Definitely worth a visit!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Katie L
Ballina, Australia
“Memorable”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had selected this restaurant as we walked past earlier in the afternoon. Subsequent checks revealed great reviews so we enjoyed pre-dinner drinks at the bar two doors down. Initially alarmed to see many people gathering around before 8pm, we were relieved when most rushed into the neighbouring pizzeria as it opened.

Our welcome at Il Pacchero was warm and we could choose our table. The semi-set menu was explained to us in detail as was the potential wait of 30 minutes should we choose the pasta for our primi.

The antipasto plate was varied and substantial. The vegetables in tempura batter were exceptional and beautifully presented. Our fish primi were simple, perfectly cooked and delicious. The quality of all produce was first-class. Unfortunately, we could not eat anything further.

The family than run this restaurant live out of Salerno toward Naples, but the time they spend travelling has no adverse effect. Service is friendly, engaging and very professional. When we returned to the adjacent bar for coffee the following morning, a member of staff, who was cleaning outside, recognised us and gave us a wave and a big smile.

This was a memorable meal and represented great value for money. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank BBS99
Salerno, Italy
“Excellent family-run restaurant”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Family-run restaurant. Excellent combination of traditional cuisine and innovation. Excellent antipasti, often hand-made, a good choice of primi and second. Always fresh products.

2 Thank trotula