“Amalfi Coast all in a day”

Amalfidriverservice Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 24 Tours in Salerno
More attraction details
Owner description: It has been said that the destiny of a person is written in their DNA...and this couldn't be more true for me. My father has been a tour guide for the last 45 years in Naples, Sorrento and Pompei Areas. He made the story of almost like the places that he shows to thousands of people everyday. My brother starts this activity 10 years ago as well, growing through beautiful sites and developing skills in tourism field. Here I'm... in my DNA i was already your personal driver across the wonders of south italy.
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Gianluca picked us from Naples Airport and brought us to Salerno where we were staying. We arranged for him to give us a full day tour of the Amalfi Coast. We went to Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi and all the little towns in between. He took the coast road so that we could enjoy all the sights. His Mercedes Vano was comfortable and can take a bigger group than just 4 of us. More importantly, he was a careful driver giving us a running commentary of the passing sights. He was patient and willing to follow whatever route you preferred. We had a lovely lunch in Ravello at Garden Hotel where we could quietly enjoy the views away from the crowds. Thank you Gianluca for a day well spent!

2  Thank Tigger5522

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Since we are in Positano two full weeks, which is probably too long for such a small town, we needed to travel outside the normal tourist areas.
The Amalfi coast is so beautiful, but at times can be overwhelming because of the number of people everywhere. We took another tour service with a private driver, and it got us where we wanted, but there was not any information enroute. So unfortunately it became just a taxi service.
My wife and I read about Gianluca and decided to try again, and we are so glad we did.
Gianluca is not only a friendly, personable, English speaking guide, he is also an authority on local history as well as geography. Not a minute went by without us learning another fact about the area as we passed along the coast. At our request we left the much beaten paths and opted instead for a stop at a mozzarella factory, all I can say is that if you think you have had mozzarella , think again, amazing, and stop in the yogurteria another first. Then a tour of a Vesuvius winery, where we not only walked the grounds with the owner, but had a nice lunch with matching wines. They would like you to buy their wines, which are very good, but if you choose not to , no problem, nice people. We ended our very long rewarding day with a stop a the best ceramic factory on the Amalfi
Coast. I won't name the mozzarella factory, the winery, or the ceramic factory, call Gianluca for that! All in all the best day of our stay, bravo Gianluca!

4  Thank tuscany1943
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family and I were referred to Gianluca and his brother Sasha by a friend and this was the best recommendation we got for our trip to italy. Gianluca picked up my me, my wife and my 3 daughters in Napoli from the train station and took us to our hotel in Sorrento. The entire time he drove us he gave us the history of the area of Napoli, Pompeii and Sorrento. He did all of this just on the transfer from train to hotel! I knew then that Gianluca and his company were different. It was at that point my family decided to book a tour with him.

Gianluca took us for a tour of the entire Amalfi coast. It started with a pickup in our hotel and then the most breath taking drive along the coast to Positano. The entire drive Gianluca was describing the history of the area, the importance the region had to Italy in the past and today. We stopped for pictures and then toured Positano. Positano was beautiful. We preceded to Amalfi the town but elected not to stop but just stay in the car, although he offered to stop and tour. We then preceded to the mountain town of Ravello which was absolutely beautiful. The small village was warm and felt like it was out of a story book. We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the cliff and the sea. One of the best meals and experiences we had in Italy.

From there Gianluca took us through the mountains all the while explaining the towns, the roads, the details of Italy no book could give. It was at this point I realized his families background of touring the region for 45 years was priceless. My young daughters took to Gianluca because he was so attentive to their questions and curiosity about Italy.

Our final stop was in Pompeii. Gianluca called ahead and arranged for a private tour guide to give us a very personal tour of Pompeii. My youngest daughter, Francesca, marked Pompeii as the "thing" she wanted to do in Italy and the tour was great. Alfonso was our guide and he wonderful with the kids. He gave us the history of Pompeii but it didn't stop there. He provided the history of how Greece impacted the Roman civilization. He described where many of the words we use in English come from in Latin and how they related to the Romans in Pompeii. Every question we asked he was so thorough, but he never once dismissed them, including the silly ones from the kids. It was a great tour.

Overall, I would tell anyone reading this that if you want a true Italian experience where you get a person that wants you to know Italy through his experiences and history, through his desire to give you an experience and not just another ride in a van. If you want someone that makes you feel like you are part of the family, Gianluca and Amalfi Driver Service is absolutely the best choice.

Grazie Gianluca for an unforgettable tour and driving service.

3  Thank John C
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My friends and I hired Gianluca to drive us along the Amalfi Coast and he was WONDERFUL!!!! We started in Positano and ended in Ravello...stopping at various points along the way so he could explain what we were seeing and to take our pictures. He is very well spoken, knowledgeable, kind, funny and pleasant....exactly what you want in a guide and driver. We felt extremely safe with him and enjoyed the comforts of his new van. There is no better way to capture the beauty and magic of the Amalfi Coast than to hire a driver and Gianluca is the best person for the job. He will make your vacation truly unforgettable! It was one of my favorite experiences to date and I guarantee he will make you feel the same way.

1  Thank tinenyc
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A great experience with Luca.
He picked us up in Naples where we had pizza, took us to tour the region, and dropped us off in Salerno.
He is knowledgeable, professional, helpful, and efficient. His Benz van is also very comfortable.
HIGHLY recommend.