“Wonderful day on the Amalfi Coast with Gianluca Bianco”

Amalfidriverservice Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Salerno
More attraction details
Owner description: It has been said that the destiny of a person is written in their DNA...and this couldn't be more true for me. My father has been a tour guide for the last 45 years in Naples, Sorrento and Pompei Areas. He made the story of almost like the places that he shows to thousands of people everyday. My brother starts this activity 10 years ago as well, growing through beautiful sites and developing skills in tourism field. Here I'm... in my DNA i was already your personal driver across the wonders of south italy.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Gianluca picked us up at our B&B in Salerno and drove us through the mountains and along the coast with stops in Positano, Amalfi and Ravello for exploring and shopping. Gianluca was very courteous, friendly and very knowledgeable of the region. It was a very comfortable way to see the sights. I highly recommend him as a guide.

1  Thank atraveler258
There are newer reviews for Amalfidriverservice Day Tours

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent a great day with Gianluca Bianco as our driver and guide. We departed Amalfi and drove up the coast to Praiano, Positano and Sorrento. Gianluca was charming and professional and gave us all a wonderful appreciation for the history and culture of this wonderful part of the world. We were very comfortable in Gianluca's Mercedes van and we traveled at the pace that we wanted. I highly recommend that you hire Gianluca as your guide when you visit the Amalfi coast. You will not be disappointed! Happy trails! Craig Scott (Philadelphia, PA, USA)

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Gianluca, ever the gentleman, picked up 6 of us at the airport in Naples, took us to Vesuvius, on to Pompeii and then to Sorrento. Gave us great recommendations for dinner in Sorrento, and then came back a few days later and made two separate trips to Rome to ferry, first, one couple to Rome, and then back for the rest of our party when our schedules diverged. Nice, reliable, large, comfortable Benz van (large enough for six and all the luggage for a two week trip). Very knowledgeable about many things but, even more impressive, he is a fun, funny guy and is a hoot to travel with. Every time, he was prompt and on-time. Next time we are in his area, we will definitely call him again. I highly recommend Gianluca!!!

1  Thank renter2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Gianluca picked us from Naples Airport and brought us to Salerno where we were staying. We arranged for him to give us a full day tour of the Amalfi Coast. We went to Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi and all the little towns in between. He took the coast road so that we could enjoy all the sights. His Mercedes Vano was comfortable and can take a bigger group than just 4 of us. More importantly, he was a careful driver giving us a running commentary of the passing sights. He was patient and willing to follow whatever route you preferred. We had a lovely lunch in Ravello at Garden Hotel where we could quietly enjoy the views away from the crowds. Thank you Gianluca for a day well spent!

2  Thank Tigger5522
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Since we are in Positano two full weeks, which is probably too long for such a small town, we needed to travel outside the normal tourist areas.
The Amalfi coast is so beautiful, but at times can be overwhelming because of the number of people everywhere. We took another tour service with a private driver, and it got us where we wanted, but there was not any information enroute. So unfortunately it became just a taxi service.
My wife and I read about Gianluca and decided to try again, and we are so glad we did.
Gianluca is not only a friendly, personable, English speaking guide, he is also an authority on local history as well as geography. Not a minute went by without us learning another fact about the area as we passed along the coast. At our request we left the much beaten paths and opted instead for a stop at a mozzarella factory, all I can say is that if you think you have had mozzarella , think again, amazing, and stop in the yogurteria another first. Then a tour of a Vesuvius winery, where we not only walked the grounds with the owner, but had a nice lunch with matching wines. They would like you to buy their wines, which are very good, but if you choose not to , no problem, nice people. We ended our very long rewarding day with a stop a the best ceramic factory on the Amalfi
Coast. I won't name the mozzarella factory, the winery, or the ceramic factory, call Gianluca for that! All in all the best day of our stay, bravo Gianluca!

4  Thank tuscany1943