“A bit hard to find...”

Ulisse Deluxe Hostel
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Ulisse is a very nice, spacious hotel. The only problem we had was to find its location, since the GPS couldn't take us there, we had to call the hotel to get better directions. It's close to the main sites. Breakfast is ok. If you need parking space, the hotel offers parking for 10 Euros a day.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed 7 August 2010

Yes, the place is underneath a car park and our window faced into an interior quadrangle (note: we could not see or be seen by another rooms occupants), however, the room was still bright, clean and spacious and resembled any decent, if generic, hotel room. The hotel's location was fine (a 5 minute walk through cobbled streets from the very centre of Sorrento) and breakfast was very good, with a choice of cereal, juices, hot drinks, cakes, fruit, bread, ham, cheese etc...The only bug bear really was that the place was fairly noisy, especially in the mornings with beds and chairs being scraped by occupants and the cleaning staff. Wasn't a problem at night and if you are using this place simply to sleep at whilst off exploring the surrounding area by day (as we were) then this is a very good place and is excellent value for money. If you want a place to stay during the day or with a view, best look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I have no idea why they call this hotel a hostel on their website as it is anything but that! It's pretty new inside, spotlessly clean, looks great, and for EUR 89 a room (incl breaksfast!) in peak season in Sorrento it's a bargain! While there, the hotel organised a trip to Capri EUR 30 each - this included a transfer to a small harbour nearby, and then a boat trip (90 seater open air I think) to Capri , with the return trip on the boat doing a loop of the island, and stopping at the blue grotto, which is lovely if you haven't seen one before, but at EUR 11 for going into the blue grotto for less than 2 min is a little steep! Also def do a day trip to Positano - 7 eur on the bus return - SO beautiful!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is not a hostel! Very clean, large bedrooms, and a great walk into down through the narrow street. Very enjoyable stay. Our freinds stayed in a hotel in the town which cost double the price, our room was double the size of theirs. Service was good, and the prices cannot be beaten! I will return!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My fiance & I stayed at the Ulisse Deluxe Hotel this past spring & loved EVERYTHING about it. The room was the best I've ever stayed at in Europe in terms of size, comfort of bed, bathroom ammenities, internet cafe (it had 2 computers that were cheap to use) & price. This place is really a steal. Granted, there are hotels in Sorrento you can pay approx 200 euros for and stay on a cliff, but they are located far from town and the views are not as near as worth the cost, especially since I've been to Santorini Greece and know what you can really get for your money in terms of cliff views. The hotel is located about a block away from the main street in town, at the end of this main strip, which allowed for some quiet. The hotel is in the same building as a spa, a great spa. I had a manicure for 10euros there, cheap and my fiance had a massage. We both loved these facilities. I think our room was only 60-65euros a night, which is why I am convinced that this is one of the best deal hotels in Europe. There is no sea view, but that is no issue with me, since we hardly spent any time in the hotel. It's called a hostel, yet it is nicer than any hotel I've stayed in in Europe (my budget for 1 night in Europe for 2 people is usually set at 100euros.) I would love to stay at this hotel again. ***I will note that this is a hostel and it is cheap, so it does attract student groups. There was a group of college kids from NC that stayed in the hostel while we were there and they were loud at times, but no real issues there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

For the second time we visit Ulisse Deluxe hostel at Sorrento.
And...we had again a great time. The staff is wonderfull, friendly and they give you the feeling that you are so welcome...you feel at home.
The reason that we not visit again this hostel is based on the fact we have seen everything around the area....
If we could take the hostel and the whole staff with us to our next vacation we would do that :). Thanks for everything...maybe....a meeting again? With love to you all.
Meije and Ina van der Meer ( The Netherlands).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I was happily surprised with how nice this 'Hostel' was. From the moment you enter the very large impressive reception with the very friendly smiley staff to greet you, all the way to check out.
I went out to Sorrento for a wedding and wanted a nice place to stay near the town but not right on top of it. The location is perfect.....a 2 minute walk will get you to the cafe's restaraunts and shops. In a different direction it will get you to the Marinna and beaches.

You wont find any crazy drinking british here (I am British) so was nice to feel like you were staying at a place where you are not going to get the kind of people you go on holiday to get away from.

Its quite family orientated, but also has a nice chill out vibe for couples and friends.

It has Spa facilities if you like that also.

The rooms are a good size and very clean, the same with the bathrooms.

It has a few bars inside to, so you are able to have a nice relaxing drink at the end of the evening, with a large lounge area with comfy seats.

They have free Wifi facilities, and also computers if you dont have your own laptop, but you will have to pay for that one.

I cannot recommend this place enough. People were popping their head in to see the Spa and nearly everyone one of them said "wow I can't believe this place is classed as a Hostel"

Thumbs up from me.