“Great food and atmosphere but slightly overpriced and long waiting”
Review of Don Pedro

Don Pedro
Ranked #76 of 290 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$38 - US$86
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I really liked Don Pedro's after a week in the Sorrento area. We stayed in a villa close by so it was very convenient, we ended up having one lunch and one dinner here. Both times we ate very well and the staff was very fun and friendly (daughter and son of Don Pedro). The views are spectacular. I must say that some things are overpriced (be sure to ask the price if they offer you the catch of the day: delicious, but my parents ended up paying €50 each for a fish-pasta). And if you do want to purchase olive oil/ limoncello from the farm, be prepared to pay... Also both times we had long waiting times when main course was over (coffee=one more hour, even though the restaurant was far from busy). The son then offered us a ride home which was nice. Overall we were all very happy but with a couple of reservations. It is worth a visit though, as long as there are no weddings on(60/year Don Pedro told us...).

1  Thank SwedeAbroad11

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I would just like to echo my sister Rebecca C. My family attended the most amazing wedding of Rebecca and Kevin on 25.05.12. Don Pedro, Tony and the rest of their lovely family made their wedding day PERFECT. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough. It has the most amazing views and their hospitality was second-to-none. If we were to visit Sorrento again, Don Pedro's would be my first stop.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We went for dinner and ended up having a party. There were 16 of us and the culmination to a great 4 days in Sorrenta. Don Pedro himself is a very charming Italien.His family are waiters and chefs so tremoundous pride evident in the running of the restaurant. A lot of Michelin star restaurents could learn a thing or two here. Liz R Cheltenham

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We had an amazing evening, the best food ever. The antipasti kept coming and coming, I have never seen so many different plates of antipasti - absolutely delicious. One of my friends must have told them it was my birthday and later in the evening they produced a fantastic cake, with my name and birthday wishes piped in icing. Pietro, the owner was fantastic and really allowed the 16 of us to let our hair down and dance. His son and daughter waited on us and his wife and other son cooked for us. It was an amazing night and our last night in Sorrento. It couldn't have been more memorable - Thank you very much Pietro.

2  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Excellent Excellent Excellent !

We were a party of 16 and this restaurant was the last visited of four evening dates. Whilst we didn't have any bad experiences with any of the restaurants we visited in Sorrento this restaurant really did exceed our expectations.