“Wedding in June”

Don Pedro
Ranked #79 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$38 - US$86
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Don Pedro helped me organised my wedding in June and it was Amazing!! Nothing was too much trouble, Tony and Don Pedro were very helpful in the months leading up and made it the best day ever!! The food was outstanding and the hospitality was fantastic. If you are considering Don Pedro for your wedding then just do it!! Far more of an occasion than the restaurants in the town and you will get some awesome surprises on the day too!! Our friends said it was the best wedding they have been to, so her must be doing something right Jemma & Stuart

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I know this is quite late but I've been meaning to give a review on this for some time!

My wife and I booked here for our Honeymoon 'Special' meal and we were not let down.

We were greeted at the door by the family and we soon realised that although there was a wedding going on, they'd gone out of their way to fit us in because they knew why we were there.

The food was sensational (the best we had in Sorrento by far), and wine from their own Vineyard was of good quality, and the just the welcome and attentiveness of the family, and Don himself, was just amazing.

We have plans to go back to Sorrento - we will certainly go back to visit!

1  Thank Parks-on-Tour
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

What can you say about a restararanteur who would take time out from a busy day to chauffeur me to his restaurant?
I enjoyed lunch here on Sunday and was made to feel as welcome as the huge family parties also enjoying Sunday lunch
The food was delicious and was a highlight of my visit to sorrento

1  Thank annimckay
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were holidaying in Sorrento for 10 days from 17/10/13 - 28/9/13 to celebrate my husband's birthday. I researched Trip Advisor in the hope of finding a good restaurant to dine in with our four friends.

From the initial emails to Don Pedro and the informative replies from his son Tony I knew we had made the right choice.

We booked the birthday dinner on 26/9, and we also dined at Don Pedro's for lunch on Saturday 21/9. Tony arranged for us to be collected from our hotel and taken to the restaurant (Location B). The driver came and Tony also came on his moped to introduce himself to us.

The views from the restaurant were spectacular. We met Don Pedro and his lovely wife and nothing was too much trouble for them. They even moved tables for us to have a better location on the terrace. Complementary Don Pedro prosecco was served along with delicious home produced bread and oils.

The food was amazing, fresh, plentiful and delicious. Beautiful fresh seafood, perfectly cooked steaks and al dente fresh homemade pasta washed down with some beer and more prosecco with stunning views. Tony then arranged for the driver to take us back to our hotel.

We had arranged with Tony via emai to charter a boat trip to Capri. The six of us were collected once again from our hotel and taken to the small marina. Don Pedro and Carmella were waiting to see us off and Carmella's daughter Teresa was our personal guide. Wine and beer were included alongside an enormous tomatoe and mozzarella roll each.

The scenery along the coast was spectacular, with the informative boat Captain's tour. We saw the green and blue grotto's and there was plenty of opportunity for swimming. Teresa escorted us onto pre-arranged shuttle buses up to the chair lifts to the highest point of Capri, and as guests of Don Pedro we were given the 'resident' rate as opposed to the tourist rate which is quite a saving. After the boat trip we were once again driven safely back to our hotel, happy but wiped out from our wonderful day.

The birthday dinner did not disappoint. It was interesting to experience Don Pedro's atmosphere of an evening as opposed to the day time dining - nevertheless it was outstanding. We were treated like superstars, and as it was my husband's birthday they made us feel very special. I don't want to spoil future surprises, but there were plenty and Don Pedro, Tony and their team really pulled out all the stops.

I cannot stress enough if you are visiting Sorrento you really need to treat yourselves to dining at Don Pedro's for either lunch or dinner, and experience their warm hospitality.

We truly feel we have made new friends, and hope very much if Tony finds time to visit our area when he comes to the UK at the end of the year we can meet up!!

Thank you Don Pedro - until the next time ...........Ciao xx

5  Thank Kim A
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We found Don Pedro's through tripadvisor. We had booked our wedding through Citalia and even though we could have arranged our wedding reception through them we couldn't ignore the rave reviews we found so decided to get in touch with them directly.

We sent an e-mail asking some general questions at first, cost menus etc and were given extensive information fromTony, Don Pedro's son.

Although sometimes things can be lost in translation, we couldn't have asked for more help when it came to trying to arrange things via e-mail, Tony was incredibly helpful...I must say though, that we decided to visit for a meeting which really helped go through finer details.

Once the day came for us to travel to Italy for our wedding, we were picked up by Tony and taken to the venue, which, by the way has the most incredible views I have ever seen. We went through everything, paid and left, reassured in the fact that Don Pedro and his family would take care of everything...and they really did.

Don Pedro met us on our wedding day, liaised with our wedding planner to enhance every aspect of the big day. From there we were taken to the reception half an hour after our guests, who had been imbibed with copious amounts of delicious prosecco.

The evening was incredible, we were taken to the tables to make sure we were happy with the layout, we had provided Don Pedro with our favours beforehand and they had laid them out perfectly. Don Pedro can also arrange any weddings extras you may need, he literally has a finger in every pie and you rest assured if you ask for something he will arrange it for you.

The day/evening went so smoothly, it was seamless. All our guests had an amazing time as did we.

We would like to thank all of Don Pedro and his amazing family for making us feel so special, we truly felt like this has been the most amazing day of our lives.

2  Thank Emma E