“Couldn't have wished for a better wedding!”
Review of Don Pedro

Don Pedro
Ranked #79 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$38 - US$86
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had our wedding here last week and words cannot describe what an amazing day we had. Tony, Dons son communicated with us prior to the visit making sure everything was taken account for and was extremely helpful. When we arrived in Sorrento Tony picked us up and took us to see the venue at Castore, we were both taken aback by the gorgeous views and the venue itself. We were introduced to the family who are all lovely and then given prosecco and limoncello which they make themselves whilst we went through the last details and logistics. Don Pedro made it seem so easy and it left me wondering how some people take so long to plan a wedding when he seemed to arrange everything whilst we were there! After we had finished Tony drove us down into Sorrento to shown us the town and also the cloisters where we were getting married.

On the wedding day a mini bus arranged by Don picked up the guests and I was picked up in a nice Mercedes. The ceremony was stunning, we had a brilliant photographer and a mandolin and guitar player at the ceremony who also came to the venue with us, again all organised by Don. There were plenty of unexpected surprises organised for the day which I won't spoil! Don Pedro, Tony and the family really made the day special for us and our guests also had a fantastic time. I would definitely recommend anyone to get married here. The only regret I have is not booking the ceremony through Don as he does this also, there doesn't seem to be anything the man can't arrange!

Thank you Don Pedro, Tony and family, and I'm glad we got the cake in the end it was yummy along with the rest of the food! Will hopefully see you next year as we will be visiting for our years anniversary.

Natalie & Craig x

1  Thank Natalie W

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Don Pedro helped me organised my wedding in June and it was Amazing!! Nothing was too much trouble, Tony and Don Pedro were very helpful in the months leading up and made it the best day ever!! The food was outstanding and the hospitality was fantastic. If you are considering Don Pedro for your wedding then just do it!! Far more of an occasion than the restaurants in the town and you will get some awesome surprises on the day too!! Our friends said it was the best wedding they have been to, so her must be doing something right Jemma & Stuart

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I know this is quite late but I've been meaning to give a review on this for some time!

My wife and I booked here for our Honeymoon 'Special' meal and we were not let down.

We were greeted at the door by the family and we soon realised that although there was a wedding going on, they'd gone out of their way to fit us in because they knew why we were there.

The food was sensational (the best we had in Sorrento by far), and wine from their own Vineyard was of good quality, and the just the welcome and attentiveness of the family, and Don himself, was just amazing.

We have plans to go back to Sorrento - we will certainly go back to visit!

1  Thank Parks-on-Tour
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

What can you say about a restararanteur who would take time out from a busy day to chauffeur me to his restaurant?
I enjoyed lunch here on Sunday and was made to feel as welcome as the huge family parties also enjoying Sunday lunch
The food was delicious and was a highlight of my visit to sorrento

1  Thank annimckay
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were holidaying in Sorrento for 10 days from 17/10/13 - 28/9/13 to celebrate my husband's birthday. I researched Trip Advisor in the hope of finding a good restaurant to dine in with our four friends.

From the initial emails to Don Pedro and the informative replies from his son Tony I knew we had made the right choice.

We booked the birthday dinner on 26/9, and we also dined at Don Pedro's for lunch on Saturday 21/9. Tony arranged for us to be collected from our hotel and taken to the restaurant (Location B). The driver came and Tony also came on his moped to introduce himself to us.

The views from the restaurant were spectacular. We met Don Pedro and his lovely wife and nothing was too much trouble for them. They even moved tables for us to have a better location on the terrace. Complementary Don Pedro prosecco was served along with delicious home produced bread and oils.

The food was amazing, fresh, plentiful and delicious. Beautiful fresh seafood, perfectly cooked steaks and al dente fresh homemade pasta washed down with some beer and more prosecco with stunning views. Tony then arranged for the driver to take us back to our hotel.

We had arranged with Tony via emai to charter a boat trip to Capri. The six of us were collected once again from our hotel and taken to the small marina. Don Pedro and Carmella were waiting to see us off and Carmella's daughter Teresa was our personal guide. Wine and beer were included alongside an enormous tomatoe and mozzarella roll each.

The scenery along the coast was spectacular, with the informative boat Captain's tour. We saw the green and blue grotto's and there was plenty of opportunity for swimming. Teresa escorted us onto pre-arranged shuttle buses up to the chair lifts to the highest point of Capri, and as guests of Don Pedro we were given the 'resident' rate as opposed to the tourist rate which is quite a saving. After the boat trip we were once again driven safely back to our hotel, happy but wiped out from our wonderful day.

The birthday dinner did not disappoint. It was interesting to experience Don Pedro's atmosphere of an evening as opposed to the day time dining - nevertheless it was outstanding. We were treated like superstars, and as it was my husband's birthday they made us feel very special. I don't want to spoil future surprises, but there were plenty and Don Pedro, Tony and their team really pulled out all the stops.

I cannot stress enough if you are visiting Sorrento you really need to treat yourselves to dining at Don Pedro's for either lunch or dinner, and experience their warm hospitality.

We truly feel we have made new friends, and hope very much if Tony finds time to visit our area when he comes to the UK at the end of the year we can meet up!!

Thank you Don Pedro - until the next time ...........Ciao xx