“Too good to go once!”

Manhasset, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too good to go once!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife an i celebrated our 10yr anniversary in Sorrento this month. The bartender at our hotel recommended Il Buco and told us it was the best restaurant in Sorrento. He was 100% right. This place has it all. Great spot close to the main square, awesome decor, very cool and romantic setting. the service was unbeatable. Michaele our waiter was tremendous. So helpful and knowledgeable. He spent so much time with us going over the menu and actually getting to know us. Oh, the food! The food was some of the best i have ever had. Living in NYC we have so many top notch restaurants, Il Buco is right up there with the best of NYC.
We loved it so much we went back a 2nd time on our 6 day trip. We ate there the night of our 10yr anniversary and Michaele remembered that and bought us champagne as soon as we sat down.
Between my wife and i we had about 10 dishes and loved them all.
When we head back to Sorrento we will definitely be eating here, more than once!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Wellington, New Zealand
“A special dinner - expensive but worth it”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Before booking this restaurant you must know this is an expensive place to eat, therefore don't expect a bargain.

That said, it is worth it for the setting, service and food. The restaurant itself is spacious with wide set table, you hardly notice the other diners. The food is delicious with a variety of menu options, tasting, food/wine matching, a la carte. We opted for a la carte, sampling scallop and lobster starters, fish and pasta mains and for dessert trifle and chocolate amaretto. We also had some prosecco, still wine and water. Like many italian restaurants there are a number of extras, with small additional courses. Out total bill for two came to about 175 eur.

Expensive but worth it - exquisite food, service and atmosphere!

Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“wow!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Everything was spectacular! Cocktails were made at your table, the food was perfect and the staff were wonderful.

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Our 25th Anniversary dinner!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

On our first day in Sorrento when we arrived at our hotel, I was so overwhelmed by the view from our room that I just made a reservation for our anniversary dinner in their restaurant on the water over looking the Mediterranean. Next thing I knew when I verified my reservation it was cancelled. I did not know my son Julian made a reservation at Il Buco. I realized then that we will be having our daily breakfast for the next 5 days in that restaurant.
This experienced was unforgettable. The service was impeccable. Chef Peppe sat us down personally.
He made sure each of us ordered the right dishes and wine that will compliment on each other.
I ordered the calamari for appetizer, the vegetables country soup for my first course and steam sea bass for my second course paired with a local red wine.
I do not remember what dessert I ordered but after Chef knew we were foodies from Houston, lol! He started sending our table complimentary desserts. I then knew that he is a friend of the owner of Tony's restaurant, one of the finest restaurants here in Houston.
Ambiance, Staff, food and wine were all superb.

“Excellent!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was recommended to us by the hostess of our charming hotel in Sant'agnello, Sorrento. We were told it's a Michelin-starred restaurant situated in the wine cellar of an old monastery, so, needless to say, our expectations were very high.

We opted to sit outside, an area which had been converted from the port side path which housed the gate that was once an entry points to the city. The stone walls and constant movement of people still made one feel like we were transported to a different world.

The staff was very friendly and took extra care of every need. Our welcome cocktails were prepared right in front of us, and when we chose to go with the the five course 'I Trust You' menu, the chef took our dietary preferences in great detail before serving us a delicious meal with a tumult of flavours and gorgeous presentation. Every course was paired with an equally delicious, locally produced wine.

This was a very memorable experience and is highly recommended to anyone in the area!

• Visited June 2014