“Exceeds Expectations!”
Review of Emily Suites

Emily Suites
Ranked #14 of 142 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Emily Suites. The B&B is a little bit of a hike from the center of town, but it's really not bad at all. In fact, you'll be glad you have a walk after eating all of the delicious food that Sorrento has to offer! The rooms are impeccably clean and really large for Italian hotel rooms. What my husband and I loved most were the black out shades on both the bedroom and bathroom window- it made it SO much easier to fall asleep. The absolute best part of this B&B is the hostess- Emilia. She is the warmest, kindest, most thoughtful person. She really wanted to make us feel as comfortable as possible and made sure we did not hesitate to ask for anything we needed. She really went above and beyond our expectations by driving us to the ferry station in Capri, as well as the train station to go to the airport. When you arrive at Emily Suites, Emilia will ask you what time you want breakfast and details on what you want to eat. It then comes delivered to your room on a beautiful tray and set up on a table for you to enjoy. Our breakfasts consisted of freshly picked strawberries, a banana, yogurt, biscuits and jams, delicious croissants, hot coffee, and juice. Compared to other breakfasts in Italy, this one is definitely much better. On the day that we were leaving and didn't have time to eat breakfast, Emilia packed up a to-go breakfast bag for us--so sweet of her. Overall, my husband and I truly had a magical vacation here in Sorrento, and we would 100% go back to Emily Suites!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Emily Suites

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We really enjoyed our time at Emily Suites. Despite what other reviews have said, we found the walk to the city center only to be about 10 minutes, give or take, and the street below was not a problem. The room was so comfortable that we would not have gotten up if it weren't for the breakfast delivery! The breakfast was wonderful. We were given fresh coffee, strawberries grown in Emily's garden, wonderful Croissants and yogurt. It was actually the only time during our 14 day stay in Italy when we received a proper (and delicious) breakfast. While there wasn't a "reception" desk available at all times, we were able to text Emily and get any information (or reservations) as needed so not having someone there wasn't a problem for us. Emily was also there to pick us up from the ferry and offered to drive us to the train many times. She was extremely friendly and welcoming. We found it to be a nice change from the larger hotels and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bsoxluvr
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Anyone who stays at this little family B&B would not be disappointed. I arrived about 1hr. late on the airport express bus and was very touched that Emilia returned to collect me from the station. Emilia is a very warm and friendly person she cares very much about her guests concerns and goes out of her way to ensure your stay is a comfortable and that you get the most out of your trip. On check in she enquired the time that best suites you for breakfast, recommends great place to visit and eat. Her assistant Maria is always happy and full of life...HATS OFF TO HER, she makes great coffee. I stayed 4nights and then went on to the Amalfi and when I returned Emilia drove me over to get the bus to the airport. Each morning Emilia shared with me something from her home, a lemon, mozzarella cheese (made by her boyfriend), it was always such a joy to interact with her and she is within easy reach via telephone. The B&B is within walking distance from everything Sorrento has to offer, even the marina to catch the ferry to Capri or any of the other places. The shopping in the area is great and plentiful with many cafes along the route. You don't have to worry if you have to go out at night as the area is safe and always busy. When you're in for the night you do not even know you're in a busy part of town as its so quiet and peaceful. In my opinion and without a doubt, the service received at Emily Suites is better than that received at the big hotels. I will never regret choosing this HEAVENLY little B&B and would certainly return. Thank you Emilia and Maria for taking care of me during my stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. I stayed in the BLUE ROOM and have absolutely nothing to complain abou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank goldseal1972
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've traveled a lot internationally and I found this B&B to be terrific. It's tiny...only 4 rooms, but the owner Emilia puts a lot of personal touches into her establishment. Talk about service....she picked me up from the train station! She then shuttled me to & fro the station when I went on my Pompei excursion. She's bright, she's cheery, she's full of great tips and information. She made me feel right at home. I had the Blue room. It was plenty spacious, as was the bathroom. Clean too! I appreciated the little frig, and hot water maker for tea. There's free wifi ...oh, and a laundry mat next door. (It's pricey...cost me 10 euros to do a load. But I needed my traveling clothes washed...so oh well! )The Suites are on the 3rd floor...thankfully there was a elevator! Within walking distance are plenty of restaurants and shops. I'll stay here again. Emilia is wonderful proprietor!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Indygirl50
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just back from five nights at Emily Suites where I enjoyed the spacious and clean blue room. Yes the railway line is close but as the trains are only half-hourly it isn't a problem and there is a lovely view of lemons and the hills beyond to compensate. Emilia is a wonderful hostess and very kindly collected me from the station on arrival and offered lifts to the port. She really does want you to enjoy your stay and is very obliging with breakfast choices etc. As a solo traveller it was pleasant to enjoy breakfast in the room too. If you prefer the big hotel experience then this is obviously not the place for you but if you like the personal touch and a "home from home" atmosphere then I can highly recommend Emily Suites.

Room Tip: Blue room was spacious with roomy bathroom with window.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 32ChrisA
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed with our 11 and 7 year old boys at Emilia suites for a week. We arrived out of hours and Emilia met us at the door as we arrived by taxi. A lift is available.The air conditioned apartment was comfy, spacious and clean and it was great having breakfast delivered to our room. It was within walking distance of the bus and train station and close to many eateries and ice-cream parlours!
Emilia recommended good restaurants and even drove us to the port when we were off to Capri.
She spoke excellent English and always made sure that we had everything that we needed. The service was impeccable.
We felt very welcome and would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Krutika P
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I recently stayed at Emilia suites with my partner for a week and could not have been happier with the service we received.

The staff went above and beyond what was expected of them to make sure we had a great holiday in Sorrento. The help they provided varied from being picked up from the station when we arrived, to advice about local attractions and help with transport and restaurant bookings.

The B&B is part of a residential block but there is a decent lift so there is no need to carry suitcases up the stairs.

The room was clean and very large compared to hotels in the area. Plus the package was very reasonably priced.

I would definitely recommend Emilia Suites to anyone hoping to get great value for money when they travel to Sorrento.

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue room which is on the same side as the train track. However the trains are infr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple