“A little gem in the heart of Sorrento”
Review of Hotel Eden

Hotel Eden
Ranked #56 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Chester, United Kingdom
“A little gem in the heart of Sorrento”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This family run hotel offers excellent accommodation for a single room which is unheard of in Sorrento. I had a double bed with a beautiful view of the Bay of Naples and Capri. The foot was exceptionial and was better than most 4/5* hotels that I have stayed in there. The famiy could not do enough for me and it even had a pool with gardens, There is also a private little hidden passage that took me to the Main Tasco Square - what a little gem!

Room Tip: 4/5 floor for sea views
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank melonie50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hungarian first
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Pros: Location, Pool, Front desk service, Room was upgraded partially. They should've just completed the upgrade with a password safe and gotten rid of the dumpy furniture.

Cons: The bed comforter/cover was absolutely disgusting. There were stains all over it and I would bet it had never been washed. I had to sleep in just a sheet and pile on my extra clothes so I didn't freeze at night. The towels were never changed which would be fine normally but when one of them was covered in mud on the ground because a bath mat was not provided, they simple hung it up again as if it was new! This happened all three days. The towels were all stained as well. The shower temperature was impossible to regulate. Breakfast was just ok, they did have a variety but the quality of the food just wasn't very good. They told me I could drink the faucet water but when I tried it tasted awful. The fire alarm went off one night and it took them over an hour to figure out how to turn it off. Luckily I had ear plugs otherwise I would've had to leave the hotel b/c the noise was piercing.

So overall I really wouldn't recommend this place unless you like to swim and bring your own towels and comforter.

Room Tip: Room had no view and they wouldn't change it when I asked for a different one. The hotel was not...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Swiss M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Hotel was excellent. Just what we expected from the reviews. Man on reception spoke perfect english and was very informative and helpful. Food at breakfast was lovely and varied. Rooms were nice and modern and clean, although fairly basic. Pool was lovely, even though it's quite small. Nice to relax by after a day of sight seeing. However, we found the groundskeeper very rude. He kept asking if we wanted a drink from his hut, to which we said no. By the end of the week we could tell he was annoyed with us because of this and told us we weren't allowed to drink the water we had unless we bought it from him. Sounds silly, but even when we were sunbathing he moved the sprinkler over to us, got us and our belongings wet, and instead of appologising he told us to move quickly, and once we had he then turned it off! Avoid him! Otherwise the hotel is in a perfect location, close to the town and the train and bus stop.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia_Greenaway
Reviewed 20 August 2011

First of all, I'd like to point out that we (unfortunately) came to Sorrento during Northern Italy's vacation period (last 2 weeks of august). Every where was busy and booked. Hotel Eden is very beautiful and has a great location but just isn't worth the price (150€/night).
Features:
Private, free parking.
Decent customer service (appears great initially but stay tuned)
Nice outdoor pool
Wifi not free :(
Worst continental breakfast thus far
No room service
No mini fridge in room
AC
hotel staff offered to book a boat tour of the island of Capri for 70€. Cash. Nice tour but a little odd...waiting for the boat, sitting out on the water doing nothing. Later found out from the Italian-Canadians on board that the driver was trying to avoid the "cops". He didn't have a license!! Nice guy though:)
Hotel was nice enough to let us check out in the morning but leave our car (with our bags in it) in the private car park. They even kept our key so they could pull the car out for us before we got back. When we arrived they pretended not to know who we were for about 5 minutes!! "no sir, you couldn't have left your car here. No, we have no keys"...yet the whole time our rental was parked 20 feet away! Sigh.
If you can get a better price during the off-season this place may not be too bad. Don't eat at the restaurant...or at least not the salmon risotto :)

• Stayed August 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This is a great little hotel in Sorrento. Easy to get to from the train, 5 min walk at most and that's with luggage. Back entrance is straight onto the main st where all the action is. I had a balcony room and the view was fantastic. Cute little pool that is spotlessly clean. My bathroom had been refurbished and the shower was the best that I had had in Italy with really good water pressure. Breakfast was a little disappointing, with the fruit juice like sugar and the quality of the products not very good. But just walk out the back door and you can find cheap and beautiful food in the town. Overall a great little Hotel and I will definately be staying again if I am ever in Sorrento. Met some friends in Sorrento who had booked an apartment for their stay and they were jealous of my accommodation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, the view is amazing
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank PinotFanatic
London
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I had read some really lovely reviews on the Hotel and also that the views were fantastic. When we arrived Luigi was great and we were given a lovely room on the 5th floor and the view was breathtaking - Mount Vesuvius in full view. excellent. The room was delightful, very clean and modern with plenty of space for clothes.

As for the location it was absolutely perfect. If you left the hotel by the back entrance you were very near to the pick up point for all the tours to Pompeii and Amalfi, excellent. Also there was an alley that runs alongside the Hotel which leads right out on to the busy piazza tasso which has everything you need, shops,restaurants, buses, again excellent.

I would thoroughly recommend the Hotel, we did our trips in the morning because it was so hot and then came back to the hotel in the afternoon and chilled out round the lovely pool. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue16
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We had a lovely time here. Rooms were nice and clean, breakfast was lovely, with know problems to upgrade to a nice size balcony room. Luigi the main Concierge was perfect, nothing was an issue, and as soon as he'd found out it was our Honeymoon we came back to our room to find a lovely card and a complimentary bottle of Lemon Cello. Great location to central Sorrento, our only negative would be that we had to pay for the internet and were restricted to the hotel lobby to use it. Other then that we could not fault this hotel and will definitely stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple