Hotel Eden
US$298
US$330
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sorrento City(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$1,162
Travelocity
US$270
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Aminta(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$323
Orbitz.com
Ulisse Deluxe Hostel(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$630
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslarge beerfrench balconythe main squarerestaurant attached to the hotelpiazza tassoshort cutfantastic locationhalf boardtrain stationswimming poolcentral locationkey cardhotel groundsbread rollsrooms are basica family run hotelcentre of town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were a little disappointed upon our arrival. As our rooms were not ready when we arrived (we were early) We were sent up to the roof lounge/ pool to wait. We stepped out of the elevator onto green plastic astro turf which covered the entire deck area. Strange as every other hotel in area has beautiful ceramic tiles on their outdoor spaces. We had a junior suite with hot tub on the 3rd floor. Our guests had superior room on the 4th. They had a much better view and we were wishing we didn't spend the extra money, but being we were getting married in Positano we figured we would go for it. I don't know what to say it was an ok room, nothing great. Hard to sleep as you are on the main road into Positano ( drink extra wine). Now let me say this the staff is second to none. They went out of there way for us, right down to getting a tailor for me the night before my wedding. Everyone working here just went beyond. After staying at hotel maison minervetta in Sorrento prior to here, we probably would have been disappointed anywhere.

Room Tip: 4th floor room 421
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nmhvineyard
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was a little concerned when I booked this hotel due to the fact that it was so much cheaper than the others in the area. However I need not have worried, we had a room at the front of the hotel which was really modern, clean and well equipped, with a brilliant shower. The beds (twin) were comfortable enough and we had a nice balcony overlooking mount versvius which was great. The grounds are really pretty with nice quiet areas to sit and a nice pool (which unfortunately was absolutely freezing!) However, the best thing about this hotel is the location, the little cut through to the main street means everything is less than a 2 minute walk away, it is absolutely perfect.

The breakfast buffet was fine, although a bit samey but for the price you can complain, the hotel reception staff were excellent, even helping me in contacting a doctor when I wasn't well, and also helped recommend good local places to eat and drink. Their english is excellent.

The only thing that let this hotel was that you couldnt take your own drinks round the pool, I guess this is quite standard in many hotels but everything (espcially alcohol) is very expensive in Sorrento so it would have been nice to purchase some drinks from the supermarket opposite rather than having to pay over 5 euros ever time you wanted a refreshment!

Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, central and clean hotel without breaking the bank!

Sorrento is a gorgeous place to visit and the best thing we did was the boat trip round Capri that was recommended by reception, not cheap but absolutely worth every penny!

Room Tip: It is well worth requesting a room at the front of the hotel - ours was on the third floor with a lovely little balcony and great views - some rooms on the inside of the hotel had no view and were a bit dark.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krys1985
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Let me start right from booking. We always use Thomsons for our holidays and have never yet been disappointed. This holiday being no exception. On arrival we were very satisfied with our hotel and the immediate friendly atmosphere.
On Saturday day after arrival we attended as we always do the Thomson Whats on and Welcome meeting. This was delivered by Lara our Thomson rep and her colleague Katie, after their superb intro to Sorrento and surrounding attractions and sites to see they took us on a tour around Sorrento, which was excellent showing us great restaurants tasting lemonchello hope i spelt that right and giving us a general feel for the place Thank you girls really enjoyed that idea.
We booked 3 trips out with Thompsons which were very much on parr with on street prices, each trip added to by superb guides.
Sorrento itself is a lovely place, love the little narrow streets with all the little shops lining them, food well what can i say i think superb sums it up. The Amelfie coast is a trip which is a must the views are incredible we went to Amelfie on public transport thats an experience not to miss, however there is a Cathedral there well worth a look sadly on the organised trip you don't get enough time to look around it properly. We paid a bit extra to on the mini bus tour which was great going to places the ordinary coaches could'nt go this included lunch, another great day out.
The hotel and staff you could not fault nice clean comfortable rooms and a barman who was one in a million we used to finish up in the bar drinking coffee and brandies and chatting to him, great guy. We only ate breakfast in the hotel, which was a good selection of food and drinks, the same each day but you had plenty to choose from to change your diet around a bit. All in all loved the hotel and staff 10/10.
I would just like to add a thank you to Lara our Thomson rep lovely person made you feel really welcome and was always ready to help if needed.
To sum Sorrento really is a must for a visit i am sure we will visit there again and certainly The Hotel Eden.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Hotel Eden is in the very centre of Sorrento, right next to Piazzo Tasso. It is surrounded by a lovely garden and swimming pool. A real oasis in this tourist town.

I shared a twin room with my friend. We both thought it was clean and modern with a flat screen TV and huge patio over looking the bay.

The safe and the remote control for the TV were both free.

The beds were comfortable and we the extra pillows that we asked for were received promptly.

Breakfast was fine with scamble eggs, toast, ham, cheese, yogurts, cereal, juices, tea & coffee.

The location was exceptional. If you leave via the driveway and turn left you arrive at Piazzo Tasso in minutes or you could use a shortcut passageway near reception and turn right.

The public transport in Sorrento is great. We used the train to visit Pompeii, the hydrofoil from Marine Piccola to visit Capri and the local bus to visit Positano and the Amalfi Coast.

I also recommend the hop-on-hop-off bus tour around Sorrento and the little too-too train.

We had a fantastic trip.

Room Tip: Try and get room 410 for huge pation and views of the bay
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank madge149
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the tail end of a week long in Italy. Stayed here for one night and I wished I hadn't. This was booked through Amex concierge service so not sure if that was part of the problem. A group of 6 arrived and had 3 rooms reserved. We arrived early and to our surprise the rooms were ready. Great we thought, all in the 6th level. Upon getting to the room it was clear that the other side of the hotel is what was renovated. The room had a foul odor to begin with and was really strange. There was one main bed and the. Bunk beds? And the bathroom was disgusting. It is fitted with a jacuzzi tub but all the dials were rusted and broken. It was disgusting. Apparently the other 2 rooms were not better. I went to the front desk Nd asked if I could switch rooms. The man behind the rest didn't even ask why, I'm pretty sure he already k we why and said yes room 411. Ok great. No help with bags or anything , nope we had to do that. This room was on the renovated side. A little better decor and extremely small. Upon looking into deeper the bathroom tiles in the shower had black mold In the grout as well as on the towel heater. See the photos Completely disgusting. I have no idea how this place has anything higher than 2 stars. If anyone is thinking of staving here...don't. There are plenty of hotels for the same price point. On a side note another couple changed their room too. The smell and lack of cleanliness was too much. We are seeking reimbursement from Amex as they are the ones who booked this gem

• Stayed: May 2013