All reviewsthe main squarefrench balconypiazza tassofantastic locationtrain stationhalf boardsmall beershort cutswimming poolcentral locationkey cardthree starair conditioninghotel groundsrooms are basicthomas cooka family run hotel
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My partner and I (both 23) have literally come back from my trip to sorrento today and had the most amazing time!
we stayed in the Hotel Eden from the 3.09.13 until 10.03.12 and i have not one bad word to say about it!

The staff where absolutely lovely, really polite, helpful and charming! they could not do enough for you! Reception and bar staff very attentive and pleasant! cleaners polite and cleaned rooms every day. we were even upgraded for free to a deluxe balcony garden view room. it was fantastic!

the hotel itself was in a great location, just meters away from the piazzo tasso, the main square in sorrento. it was very clean and in a beautiful garden setting set back from the main road so pretty quiet of a night. There are lots of places to sit and relax in and around the garden and the pool area is pristine, with bar staff waiting on you whilst you lounge and relax! perfect.

the hotel room that we had (double deluxe garden view with balcony) was brilliant, lovely size, brand new bathroom suite with large shower and fresh towels every day. the room also benefited from a fridge which was excellent for keeping drinks cold such as bottled water which otherwise could have been quite expensive.

Breakfast was lovely, continental breakfast with quite a bit of choice, from fresh pastries, meats, cheeses, breads, fresh fruit, yogurts, scrambled eggs etc. also there was a large selection of tea's such as english breakfast, green tea, peppermint and fruit tea's as well as lovely coffees and hot chocolate.

For the price of this hotel it is fantastic value, great location and everything and more that you could need whilst visiting sorrento! there are grander hotels but these are 300-400 more than what you would pay for Hotel Eden!

I couldn't thank the staff enough for making our stay so special!

Great Hotel!

Room Tip: upon booking request upgrade if available, you may be lucky like we were!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tabogganroberts
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at the Eden Hotel from Friday, the 30th August until 6th September 2013. When I arrived at reception the welcome was very poor as though my arrival at 9pm was an inconvenience. I was given my card key,  room number and  told where the lift was in such an abrupt manner by the person on reception that it made me feel I had inconvenienced him. As I had booked half board I was made aware that I could get a snack meal in the restaurant on my arrival. When I went into the restaurant  and sat at a three seated table I was told by a waiter that I would not sit at that  table the following evening but a smaller table as I was on my own. On the Saturday evening I went into the restaurant and could see no waiter or notice of communication to wait to be seated. I therefore sat at a two seated table at the back of the restaurant. I had no sooner sat down and one of the two waiters appeared and in a restaurant full of holiday makers started to shout in an angry tone from half way down the restuarant that I could not sit at this table and I should be at another table. Initially, I didn't realise he was shouting at me. When I did I was appalled and embarrassed  as other customers started to stare over at me. When the waiter did reach my table I told him I was not moving and that I found his manner very rude. I then went to speak to the other waiter who I had met on the Friday evening. I explained if I was to wait to be seated they should communicate this and I had sat down as they where not present went I entered the restaurant but he was equally as rude and just grinned at me rather than try to resolve the problem in a professional manner. I left the restaurant very upset which totally ruined my evening and really my holiday. My room had two single beds put together, was dingy in size, no wardrobe, just a steel hanging rail and looked onto the back of  an equally dingy block of private flatlets with washing lines of clothing and bedding. The room towels including only the top white sheet of my bed got changed once during my week stay and the toilet and shower was only cleaned on the Thursday before I left. As a single traveller my holiday was expensive and I was then further charged on the day of check out a Service charge of 1 Euro a day. I need to add the main evening meals were not up to standard and tables were left uncleared long after people had finished and left the restaurant. I find it incredible that this hotel is considered even a 3*.Ms A. Perry

Room Tip: I Could not advise as did not know what the quality of the other rooms was like.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Traveling alone, I had requested a double room, single use. The room was not double. The bed was not double but two twins.
There were insects in the bathroom and on the balcony. Personnel had to use insecticide 2 or 3 times. Cleaning was very superficially.
The breakfast is zero: tables were not cleaned, there was only one choice of bread, coffee was horrible.
Service at the reception was beneath every possible level, even for a 3 * hotel: when you complain about something (insects, gate that didn't open, bell that wasn't ringing ...), the answer is that it is "not possible" ...
Only positive element at this hotel is the situation, in the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank isabelle t
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Clean,bright and centralised hotel,breakfast was ok, but not too much choice with only cheese,omelette,toast along with three cereals and fruit, however the dining was relaxed especially the evening which was waiter served.I might add that all the food was tasty though !.The pool and garden area although small was very pleasant and relaxing.There is a rear access door that leads directly on to the Corsa and Tasso square [ note that the taxi's are very expensive if you are located on the outskirts of Sorrento as many of the hotels are !!]. The rooms are fresh, clean and bright with very cool air con and fridge, which you can stock up from the supermarket opposite :] !.We left at 7:30 am on departure and the hotel had packed us lunch [ nice touch !]. Stayed last year at the Admiral and this was far better all round.
Would we book again .............. YES !

Room Tip: Front facing rooms looking over the garden, 4th and 5th floors have better view of sea and mount versuvios
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCworld2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel in August for 7 nights half board. The location is literally a few steps from the Piazza Tasso the main square in Sorrento. A warm welcome on arrival and great food. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern with a great air conditioning system (used frequently in the August heat!) and a spacious bathroom. The food was excellent with a varied choice of menu and the friendliness of the hotel staff really made our stay enjoyable. This hotel is fantastic for its location, quality of service and food without breaking the bank. We did the Amalfi drive, Capri and Pompeii all of which are within easy reach of Sorrento and all 3 are a must - beautiful scenery. When visiting Capri, the chair lift is a MUST! Would recommend this hotel and would like to visit again. Thank you Hotel Eden for a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple