“Very lovely place but BEWARE tourists will LIE and screw you on the price!!!!”
Review of Filou Club

Filou Club
Ranked #12 of 19 Nightlife in Sorrento
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very lovely place but BEWARE tourists will LIE and screw you on the price!!!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stopped by on a Thursday evening around 10:45pm and there was no one but us and 2 bartenders in the place. We had just came from dinner and we asked how much a glass of chianti was, the lovely bartender who gave EXCELLENT service told us they didn't have that but they had something different but similar for 5 euro a glass or 14 euro for a bottle, I ordered the bottle and she gave excellent service throughout the evening, I offered to pay in advance but she said no, the music was very good for the first hour we were the only ones there then about 8 people joined in the fun by midnight. On the way out, a little before midnight we asked to pay and were directed to an older gentleman at the register who said 30 Euro, to which we replied we were told 14 and he said "it's originally 40 euro I can't believe she would have told you less". Being put on the spot in a foreign place we didn't argue and just payed the 30 euro because we had fun and it is a cozy spot and I second guessed myself. Upon reflection we realized we were just duped; the bartender clearly stated 5 euro for wine and 10 euro for mixed drinks and then quoted us the bottle price which wouldn't make sense for it to be 30 euro since it should be less than the glass price. I advise steering clear of this shady place and taking your money elsewhere where they don't deceive tourists!

Visited April 2014
11 Thank etfonhom

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We danced... we sang”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Filou is what Sorrento nights are made of! My friends and I had such a great time dancing the night away at Filou and simply soaking up the good vibes. We felt instantly welcomed by the staff and other patrons, many of which were locals. We visited several times during our stay. Our last night was a weeknight so the club had very few patrons. To ensure we still had a fabulous time, the resident musician/pianist invited us to sing with him and basically we turned the club into our own private Italian karaoke bar. Some of my best memories from our 2 week trip across Italy was from that final night. Filou is truly special!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank BrooklynNYCGal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made my holiday!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

What a fantastic bar! We were in here every night! Really friendly staff who looked after us! We were in sorrento for a wedding and the whole wedding party ended up in here! Great live music! Amazing atmosphere and great choice in drinks! Locals are really friendly too!! We'll definitely be back!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Polly4891
Dumfries, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Something different”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Really enjoyed Filou Club. A taste of class but very friendly. We were made very welcome and the entertainment was great. The building itself is something to see..........don't miss it.....wonderful fun.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Annatobring
Cave Creek, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Great entertainment of American and Italian sign alongs. Great crowd, 2 levels, get into the music and make your own group dance floor. Claudio was great and even let me sing 'Marina, Marina, Marina'!

Ciao