“I would rather eat at Mc Donald!!”

Ristorante Da Filippo
Ranked #54 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you have ever heard good things about this restaurant it's maybe only for the meat that they serve, the rest is just very uneatable. I decided to take a Pizza (Filippo Style) and honestly I couldn't even cut it! I would need something like the flex to cut the wood!!! I left 70 % of pizza . My partner was luckier bcuz he took the meat.... I didn't touch food for 2 days... Yack!
The location is not this that extraordinary place, and the to get to the restroom u have to do too much steps. The service wasn't too bad.

2  Thank TaylerOKeefe

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This really is a hidden gem to the tourists. Its up the hill in Sorrento and away from the town centre. Its definitely where most of the locals seem to go and it has a wonderful atmosphere. Its absolutely huge, I have no idea how they cope with the amount of covers.

This is proper local Italian dining with simple but tasty Italian fare. Its not fine dining and its very causal, don't expect your orders to come out together they come when they are ready, but they are worth waiting for. Its one of the few places in the world I will eat mussels but the mussels here with fresh Sorrento lemons are just superb. They also do a fantastic chateaubriand that the chef carves at your table. The price is one of the most reasonable in Sorrento and they also run a shuttle service from our hotel (Antiche Mura)

This place is so popular in the summer booking is essential and locals were still queuing to get a table at 11pm!

2  Thank MarkCornwall_UK
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I waited until I had been back again to write this review. This place combined family friendliness (lots of families with kids) with an amazing wine list and incredible chefs with the finest ingredients. My travels are based mainly on food! There is no better restaurant anywhere I've been in the world and I've been around. Either trust me or check out my scores of other reviews. I pull no punches and I know excellence. I also know how to cook a fine meal myself. Questo ristorante è il migliore!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We visited here on our final night in Sorrento (23/08/13) after recommdations from other guests, yes its out of the way but a real gem, as the evening progressed it filled up with locals, they know where to eat and will only go to the best places. Main courses were around 6 to 14 euros, I had crab with black rice which was one of the specials which was 13 euros and very very good, would defiantly recommend, the 3 of us had 1 starter, 3 mains wine, water and bread all for 59 euros, I would have liked to try a pud but we were quite full. There was no pressure to leave when we finished eating and there were many families with children but no noise issues from the young ones. As we left some more local fishermen were delivering there latest fresh catch - enjoy.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Recommended by our hotel, we tried this restaurant using the free shuttle taxi service. We felt a bit overdressed as was a casual quite large place -not quite what we expected. The food however was far better than expected - and we all had the best beef tagliata with rocket and Parmesan salad we had ever had! If it had not been our last night we would have gone their far more regularly.