“Tour of the Amalfi Coast with Carlo”
Review of Wisely Travelling

Wisely Travelling
Ranked #21 of 71 Transportation in Sorrento
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tour of the Amalfi Coast with Carlo”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

In September, 2013, I had my first trip to Italy. I have Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer and it was a dream that I have wanted to fulfill for all my adult years. My dad was born in Modugno a "suburb" of Bari, Italy. I had heard so many good stories from friends who had visited the Amalfi Coast that I had to make it part of my short week's vacation. Carlo was recommended to us by a friend of my sister.
Carlo has a flawless grasp of the English language, written and spoken. He picked us up from the airport in Napoli. From there we went on a private tour of the coast with my family. We went from Napoli to Positano. We made stops for photos and in some beautiful cities along the way. My dad liked Ravello in particular. Carlo also recommended some hotels along the coast and we ended up at Hotel Corallo; a very beautiful place in San'Agnello right on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean. Thank you Carlo for a great recommendation and a wonderful tour of the coast! Grazie Mille. Please take a look at the photos I took!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Anne A

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The best tour with Carlo! Don't miss it!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We've had the best tour with Carlo in August of 2013. He is very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. He gave us a great tour of the Amalfi coast, and provided very interesting historical facts about each place we stopped at. He was very professional starting with initial e-mails in trying to arrange for the tour prior to our trip. He even arranged a dinner at a secluded spot for my husband and myself, it was an experience we will never forget. If you want to spend a great day, in a comfort of a van with the best sightseeing spots - get in touch with Carlo!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank lela_b_2010
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“'Carlo is truly the Best' you will not be disappointed!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Carlo is the Best, you will not be disappointed.

We were extremely happy that we hired Carlo for a private tour of Amalfie coast. We were 3 adults travelling my mom (75), brother and myself. We wanted to see as much as possible in 2 days and due to the hot summer weather it was important that my mom not be in out in the sun and heat for long periods of time. His vehicle is very clean and comfortable and he even had bottled water for us. From the moment that I contacted Carlo via email he was quick to respond and an absolute pleasure to deal with. We hired Carlo to pick us up in Rome and transfer us back to Rome the following day. Carlo was punctual and picked us up at 6:30am in Rome in the Campo Di Fiori area. He was very accommodating in meeting our very need from food, breaks, restroom stops or photo opts. His knowledge of the area and history along the way was great and he answered all our questions. In both English and French. He is a great driver and we felt very much at ease and never nervous about his driving. He shared many stories with us about family and we had lots of laughs along the way.

We visited Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and then lastly Sorrento. He would recommend places to eat and shop and always dropped us off in a convenient locations. We had plenty of time to look around and didn't feel rushed. We arrived in Sorrento at our hotel out 5:00pm and spent a relaxing evening in Sorrento. Bright and early the next morning Carlo picked us up at 8:30am to transfer us back to The Rome Bus Terminal.

Hiring Carlo was worth every penny. After spending just a short time with Carlo we all felt like old friends.

I would highly recommend Carlo it the only was to see the Amalfi coast.

Carlo un grand abbraccio da noi.

Aurelia, Bruno e Angelina
Grazie per i ricordi.

Visited July 2013
Miami, Florida
“Drive With Carlo- You won't be sorry :)”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband along our friends were in Sorrento Italy August 2013. I contacted Carlo by email several weeks before our trip to arrange for a driver. He emailed back very promptly and kept in touch until we arrived in Italy. Carlo was waiting for us when we arrived. Carlo is extremely professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. His car was new and spotless- very clean. He is also a wonderful driver, I felt very safe traveling the very winding roads of the Amalfi Coast. He stopped the car at all of the most perfect picturesque views. We would get out of the car and he snapped some pictures of all of us. I can't wait to go back to the Amalfi and the first thing I will do is contact Carlo!

Visited August 2013
Trinity Beach, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guide & Driver”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had e-mailed quite a number of drivers in the Sorrento area and after hearing back from them Carlo of Wisely Travelling was by far the one who had more to offer. Carlo had gone into a lot more depth of what services he could be to us, ( 4 ).
We travelled with Carlo from Rome to Sorrento with a stop at Herculaneum. During our travel Carlo spoke of all the history of where we were passing and of Italy, Rome and of course his home Sorrento and was able to answer all of our questions in depth.
We also used Carlo for a day trip along the Amalfi Coast and also to Pasteum.
Nothing was too much trouble as we were always in conversation with Carlo, and what an excellent tour of the Amalfi Coast we had, no complaints either about the Mercedes Van we travelled in, nice and clean and very comfortable.
Having ample stops at the lovely seaside villages of Positano, Amalfi & Ravello.
If you are looking for a personal driver Carlo is your man, a true gentleman.

Visited September 2013