“Lunch in the Garden”
Review of Artis Domus Relais

Artis Domus Relais
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We were given a flier for the restaurant but didn't find it on our first visit into Sorrento, on our second we were walking back from the old fishing marina and luckily another young lady was again giving out fliers. We went into the gardens which were lovely and cooling. The lunch was great, my wife had pizza and i had squid and prawns, all washed down with a good bottle of wine. Good service and reasonable cost. worth finding for a relaxing lunch. Sorry, cannot comment on the hotel side.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndyScunthorpe

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Was approached on the street and handed a flier advertising this property,decided to have a look as it was lunchtime.We were really pleased we did as the food was great served in stylish surroundings,not expensive either,would recommend it to anyone visiting Sorrento.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

As with the last couple of reviewers, we didn't stay here. We found it hidden behind high stone walls amongst the narrow streets of Sorrento. What we found inside was a lovely quiet garden serving food and drinks, and we couldn't quite understand why it wasn't a hive of activity.
I mean, it was well priced, the service was great, we enjoyed the food, but there was hardly anyone there! Maybe they're keeping it a secret for the benefit of the guests of the hotel.

Even if you don't stay there, make a note to visit this place. A drink in a big bean bag chair, lunch under the dappled light from a shady tree, or dinner by candle light. We had a few good meals in Sorrento, but this was easily the best experience we had whilst there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Popped in here 4 times for a coffee / drink during our recent holiday. It is an oasis of peace at the end of the tourist / shopping alleyways - well worth the walk. Staff polite, drinks good value. Per the wife - best cappuccino in Sorrneto!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We didn't stay at the Artis Domus but found it while wandering around Sorrento. There is a delightful quiet garden where we had a very pleasant light lunch, excellent quality and friendly service and astonishingly good value.
Can't comment on the rooms but the overall impression was of a relaxed and stylish place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This summer I studied in Sorrento at the language institute. I lived at the Artis Domus Realis for 5 weeks with 2 of my roommates. The rooms are gorgeously decorated and spacious. All of the rooms come with a kitchenette, washing machine, and a small seating area. I stayed in the biggest of the rooms they have and it was called o'mare. In the 5 weeks there we had never experienced any issues except with the internet. The family that owns the hotel does not speak a lot of english but overall were sweet people. The rates are definitely the best in Sorrento for the location and quality of the rooms. It was a 5-10 minute walk to the one beach Marina Grande which was very convenient for us young students. At the end of my study abroad session I traveled through italy for an extra 3 weeks and returned to Sorrento at the end of my trip where I stayed at the Artis Domus again. The second experience was just as wonderful as the first. My room was smaller this time but it had a beautiful balcony which I wish I had for the whole 5 weeks! I will definitely return to the Artis Domus the next time I visit my beloved Sorrento.

Room Tip: The room o'mare could easily fit a family of 6.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alexandra146
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed at Artis Domus Relais for 5 nights prior to our wedding in June, we booked the hotel around November 2010 for a double room with a living area and balcony, with the intention to relax around the accommodation.

A couple if days before we were due to leave I was informed that the room we booked would be unavailable due to maintenance but we could have a room without living area and balcony. Upon arriving we discovered that no maintenance was taking place, more the fact that Italian families, who had probably paid more than us, had been given the better room, when questioning the staff as they spoke little English there was not much we could do.

Other than that the rooms were great - clean and spacious. The Relais is situated in lively gardens which we were able to relax and eat meals cooked from our room in. The location is excellent, right in the heart of Sorrento.

When the language barrier was broken with the staff they are extremely helpful, we arranged are wedding transport with them.

Other than the issue if the rooms I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011