“Wonderful and welcoming experience”
Review of Palazzo Abagnale

Palazzo Abagnale
Ranked #31 of 143 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2010

The staff was very friendly and was able to communicate with us dispite our lack of Italian. The breakfast was better than we expected. Reasonable rates and I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2010

I would definately stay at Palazzo Abagnale again. The room was better than some other European hotels we have stayed in at this price range. It was clean and we were given new towels everyday. The location is walking distance to anywhere in Sorrento. It is only a block or so from the Circumvesuviana train station which is the hub for all transportation in Sorrento. It is also a block from the main square in Sorrento. The hotel is small and they leave the front reception desk at 10pm so if you need late check in, I would let them know ahead of time.

I emailed the hotel before we arrived asking if they could arrange transportation and have us picked up at the Naples airport. I was a little worried we would be stranded but we got out baggage claim and there was a driver waiting for us with our name on a sign. This cost 85 euros and was well worth it after a long flight.

Breakfast included croissants, rolls, salami, provolone, cereal, coffee, and fruit juices. It was enough to satisfy us but not enough to make us feel "full."

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke English. There was a community computer in the lobby that you can use. They charge 5 Euros to use the computer over your entire stay.

We stayed in a room facing the street and it was a little noisy during traffic hours, but we never woke up in the middle of the night due to noise. We could hear traffic until about 11pm and then during rush hour in the morning. We were never in our room during the day.

I am sure there are fancier hotels available, but we were barely in our hotel. It was a very cute and friendly hotel for this price range.

Reviewed 1 May 2010

We were extremely surprised when we were escorted to the room and the door was opened. The room looked like it had been recently renovated and updated. The feel of the room was modern, clean and comfortable, with exposed wood beam ceiling, Italian fixtures in the LARGE bathroom and modern deco. The bed was extremely comfortable and inviting. We loved the sofa and rocking chair for relaxing. The bar and very small kitchen were both very nice, clean and convenient. The only gripe was the small shower. It was hard to maneuver and turn in there and the hose and shower head didn't really hit you on the top of the head, no problem using the shower head/hose holding it in your hand to rinse. The best part was when Carmela (extremely friendly) opened the large wooden doors to the balcony that overlooked the main strip in Sorrento. The room is located in the heart of all the action on the main street. You get to see and hear all the action from the balcony. The doors to the balcony shut out all the noise at night and we slept great in the comfortable bed. I would stay here again and again when we return to Sorrento one day!

Reviewed 30 April 2010

Small hotel with friendly/helpful staff. Modern design and clean rooms. Reasonable rates with breakfast included. Centrally located near shops and restaurants. Short walk from train station.

Reviewed 29 April 2010

Spotless, spacious room. Delightful hotel, in a fantastic location. Train / bus station was 5 mins in one direction. Old town with restaurants and bars was 5 mins in the other. Breakfast was a little limited, but was adequate. Friendly staff who did all they could to help.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Having had existing travel plans cancelled, I took off to Sorrento at the last minute, booking at the Palazzo Abagnale largely on the back of other positive reviews on this site.

The hotel is on the main thoroughfare, the Corsa Italia, which runs through the heart of Sorrento. It is a short walk from the station and for this reason a good base from which to explore.

When I arrived, the excellent hotel staff, who all have very good English, immediately made me feel at home. On my first night I was put in a single room which I was not totally happy with. But without any fuss, the next morning I was given the choice of moving to one of the hotel's apartments further down the Corsa Italia (a 5-10 minute walk). My apartment was stunning: a four poster bed, cooking facilities, high ceilings and a balcony looking out onto the Corsa Italia. If you want a feel for how the Italians live, an apartment is right for you (as it was for me). The light sleeper should beware that being on the Corsa Italia, there'll be noise into the early hours.

Each morning I went to the hotel itself to have breakfast, which was more than adequate for my needs (they had ham, cheese, croissants, buns, and the like), and very reasonable in terms of price.

When it came to exploring Sorrento and the outlying areas, the hotel staff were extremely clear and helpful, directing me to the best eateries and advising how I might structure my excursions.

There are Sorrento hotels that have more stunning scenery (there are several that look out onto the bay of Naples) but I was perfectly content with the very warm and positive experience I had at the Abagnale. I'd recommend it any who wish to explore this part of Italy.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Very good value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple