“Even if you book & pay, don't assume there will be a room available.”
Review of Palazzo Abagnale

Palazzo Abagnale
Ranked #34 of 143 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2010

This hotel is in a great location, easy walk from station. Arrived to find that notwithstanding we had booked for 5 nights and paid a deposit that they were fully booked and no room was available. Staff appeared not to care and offerred alternative substandard accommodation a 10 minutes walk down the road. So bad that we had to move after 2 nights to another hotel altogether, which was cheaper than Palazzo Abagnale. Thanks to Tina at Palazzo Abagnale for helping us find this accommodation. Now trying to get my deposit back from Hostelworld.com. They are fobbing me off. DO NOT USE HOSTELWORLD.COM for your bookings.

Reviewed 5 June 2010

Arrived to find I had to climb over 20 marble steep stairs to the guest house, there is no porter service so you have to carry your own luggage up and down.

I had booked a double room (specified red or beige room 6 months in advance) with a view of the sea and a bath, got a single room with 2 twin beds pushed together a shower and a view of a few branches of tree. I paid 500 euros for 5 days! I booked via a internet website. The only colour in the this was a light grey bedspread so much for chic and funky.

I had the unfortunate experience of having the room behind the reception and behind the staff toilet, so I could hear all the noise.

I was there 5 nights and never saw any happy hour, neither was it advertised in the guesthouse. On arrival you are given a voucher for internet use for 5 hrs only.

Breakfast is a bread rolls, a few pastries, meats, cheese, youghuts and luke warm coffee and hot water for tea. There is one selection of cereal only which is great if you can manage to eat it with a teaspoon.

For the first 4 nights that I was there the guesthouse was unmanned from 10pm - 5am, there was no information left for guests who to contact in case of an emergency. On the 5th night I heard a man, who made a lot of noise, playing loud music, talking on the phone and flushed the toilet so many times I think he must of had a serious problem. Needless to say I got little sleep. On the day I departed at 8am the only staff there was the lady putting out the breakfast and making the coffee - there was no staff at the desk.

The guesthouse's best asset is Alina, who is friendly and helpful to all guests, the others didn't came across as being too friendly, on my first day at breakfast one of the staff actually ignored me she spoke to the other guests and walked straight passed me.

I got the impression the American guests got the best rooms and special treatment. My advise stay in a hotel it is cheaper and you have 24hr service with a better selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This little hotel has a wonderful staff and is perfectly located. The town center, shopping, train and bus stations are just a short walk away. The rooms are spacious and clean. It is a three minute one euro bus ride from the town center to the Marina Grande and the boats to the Isle of Capri.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Walking up to the modern lobby of the hotel I thought we were going to get a clean but anonymous modern boutique hotel room. I was pleasantly surprised when we were put up in the renovated apartments a few doors down! I would take these apartments any day with their 20 foot ceilings and view down onto the main street. Located virtually smack dab in the center o town I don't think you could be any better located than here.

Tina was fantastic and provided us with great service. I would easily stay here again.

Reviewed 26 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and honestly could not fault any part of our stay. The staff are unbelievably genuine and friendly, our room was very clean and spacious, and the location is fantastic for easy access to the bus and train station, as well as the lovely restaurants, bars and shops Sorrento has to offer.

If you want to stay in the heart of Sorrento within a warm and welcoming atmosphere, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Booked this hotel for one night as they had a good promotion going. Best surprise EVER. Boutique hotel, very designer and cool. Same ones in Barcelona or Berlin would cost triple the price. Very big airy rooms, in either pop, black&white, or light colours, with plasma screen, sofa, lamps, funky bathroom, etc.
Bfast was nice, above average for Italian hotels. Rooftop terrace for sunset watching.
Staff - friendly, helpful, english speaking, simply great
Location - on the main street, minutes from anywhere you'd want to be in Sorrento. If I ever go back to Sorrento, I will not stay anywhere else!

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Great location in the center of town, close to the train station. All staff are fabulous, helpful, friendly and extremely competent. Tina is a star, each recommendation for food, restaurants and day trips were absolute winners. The rooms are modern, big, original, clean and comfortable. If the view on the sea is not a must for you, this place is it. We will definitely not stay anywhere else on our next trip to the area.