“Disappointing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorrento
Villa Adriana Guesthouse Sorrento
Ranked #37 of 139 Sorrento B&B and Inns
England
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Not the same since Andrea & Valerio left!! Andrea made this place!! Her attention to detail was impeccable, this is not the same since the change of management with Rosy & Vittoria. We never really saw Vittoria & Rosy was around but couldn't wait to leave the place & get home our impression was that she really couldn't care. We booked this guesthouse after a very pleasant stay last year. I arrived on Thursday 13th June - my husband had sent a email confirming my arrival - I arrived at Villa Adriana rang the buzzer with no response - I rang the on the telephone numbers provided on the web site with no response, I was left waiting outside the guesthouse in the sweltering heat for around 45 minutes sitting on the door step- eventually I managed to get hold of Rosy she proceeded to inform me that she would be a further 45 minutes which I couldn't believe as I had been waiting around 45 minutes prior - Rosy eventually came but this left a bad taste in my mouth! It was made very clear on emails that I would be arriving that afternoon! My husband followed me out the following day arriving at 11pm - Rosy agreed that this was fine and she would wait for my husband to arrive to let him in & show him where to park, Rosy contacted me several times that evening being very impatient the first call came from Rosy at 9pm despite the communication from emails & face to face from myself about his estimated time of arrival 11pm! I found Rosy unhelpful and as I said she couldn't wait to leave the guesthouse to return to her home. Our room was spacious & the bathroom very big - the rooms look untidy & need a lick of paint! Pillows uncomfortable! The toilet didn't flush adequately, would flush on the third pull of the toilet change!! We were left without air conditioning!!! Its controlled centrally so we were left very hot in the room!! Car parking was arranged with Andrea last year at last years prices which was great, when I came to pay Rosy wouldn't acknowledge this pre-arrangement despite proof on a email I couldn't be bothered for the sake of 5 euros but again was left very disappointed! Andrea & Valerio made this place into a little gem but I'm sorry to say that I cannot recommend & feel very disappointed & sad to see such hard work, attention to detail & passion washed away!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RoxyChickEngland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We spent a lovely two days at the villa in May. It has been beautifully renovated, the rooms are spacious, clean and the beds very comfortable. It is on the outskirts of town, but an easy walk to everything. Rosy and Vittoria were very friendly and helpful. A big plus is the free use of the washing machine and clothes line.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheryl155019
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This villa is just out of town. It is perfect because it is away from the noise but a short walk to town. The rooms here are clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. Rosy was very helpful with anything we needed. I highly recommend this villa for your stay in Sorrento.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Coto de Caza, California
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We spent eight nights at the Villa and really had a great time. The Villa is a few minutes walk from the train station, central historical zone and the marinas. We stayed in a great room with a large bed and terrace. The Villa is owned by the same family that originally designed and had it built. The breakfast was one of the best we've had while staying at guesthouses.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
York
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed for three nights and wished it was more.
Rosy and Vittoria made us feel like family friends and ensured that we will return.
We stayed in the Queens Terrace room and the balcony and recliners were a real bonus.
All rooms are spotless and the elegant lounge was a restful respite from the busy town.
Well placed, it is only a short walk from the town centre.
Could not recommend this Villa more highly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights recently & was amazing. Rosy & Vittoria were the perfect hosts organizing our breakfasts (capuccinos were excellent) and trips/taxis around the area.
The villa is beautiful with a great pool and is situated ideally for walking into town.
Junior suite was great for our family and was amazing. Will definitely be going back to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

10 days of luxury! Vittoria and Rosie are marvellous hosts and really coundn't do enough for us, from lovely breakfasts to 1st class travel information. The Queen Terrace room was spacious and had very comfortable sunbeds. The location is superb and not toofar from the town centre and train station. Highly recommended as a base for travel in and around the Bay of Naples.

Room Tip: Ask for a Queen Terrace, where you get your own sunbeds.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple