“What a wonderful stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorrento
Villa Adriana Guesthouse Sorrento
Ranked #37 of 138 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Münster
“What a wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We, two couples in our early fifties, spent 10 nights at Villa Adriana end of September. I usually keep my ratings short and objective, but due to two very similar poor ratings I just read on our return back home, I feel compelled to elaborate a little more on our stay. In short, I cannot relate to those poor ratings at all and thoroughly agree with that overwhelming majority of positive ratings. I prefer addressing complaints directly with our hosts during our stay rather than posting them once we get home. Our only complaint was a broken TV and we found a new one in our room directly the next day!
What made our stay unusually special and memorable was the very personal and warmhearted attention we received by our hosts, Vittoria, Rosi and Lucia. We prefer a B&B mainly because of the personal atmosphere and attention a hotel just can´t offer. We are well traveled and have never received a better personal attention!

Room Tip: Room #1 (Queen terrace Suite) was wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bayport, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent a week at Villa Adrianna the first week of September this year and loved it. The house is very nicely done and the rooms are very comfortable. The pool and sourrounding area are such a welcome relief after a day of touring or a great place to spend the day if you want to just relax. Vittoria and Rosy were both welcoming and gracious hosts. Rosy helped us often with directions and suggestions. I found them to be very helpful when we needed them and very unintrusive when we were sitting and relaxing outside. The breakfast served in the pool area was nicely prepared and we were always offered more than what was presented at the breakfast table. The villa is a ten minute walk from town. You are removed from the constant noise of motorcycles, cars and pedestrian traffic. It is on a street that does have some traffic but we were nevered bothered by traffic noise. A large Hilton is just beyond the villa but again we were never bothered by noise from the Hilton. And I am someone who is very bothered by intrusive noise. Reviews are very subjective as are the impressions one takes away from any place. I read the previous two reveiws and disagree with them, but respect their right to state their impression. When I read reviews of a place on Tripadvisor I try to glean whether the person writing values the same things I value and whether they are looking for the same amenities I am seeking. When the majority agree then I assume that those disagreeing are looking for something more or something different. In this case, the 10 minute walk, even though slightly uphill at the end of the day, was a small price to pay to be removed from the noise, traffic and congestion of the town. We had a wonderful stay and I would not hesitate to recommend Villa Adrianna. I highly suggest that instead of taking the larger ferry type boats to visit other towns that you spend the extra money to rent a boat with 10 or 12 people. It was such a great experience and the view of the Amalfi coast from the water is not to be missed. Also, look on TripAdvisor for Zia Lucy who will take you on a hike up in the mountains above Positano. Not for the faint of heart, but it is a great experience. If you like mussels, then try them at all the different restaurants. Some of the best we've every had.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Regina C
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Paid good money after reading previous reviews, villa was clean but souless and had no ambience. Totally agree with previous review by Starbuck3. No teas, coffees or snacks in our room, we should not have to ask for tea etc. Totally overlooked by the Hilton, screening on balcony is needed, also noise from the Hilton on 3 nights, Toiletries need to be upgraded, As for breakfast, same every day but where was Italian breads, tomatos and olives ?, sliced bread so dry and tasteless it had to be toasted. Met people who were staying at Uleyses Hostel and Spa and the Hotel Elios, they had nothing but praise, check these two out.
Villa Adriana is an expensive B&B without the extra special touches which i presume the previous family members added .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Pommers1
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Villa Adriana Sorrento is the most wonderful B&B I have ever stayed in. I am here with my son, my brother and his wife as well as my nephew and his wife. Check it out at www.villaadrianasorrento.com
Beautiful Villa, lovely rooms, close to train station and downtown. The pool and gardens are lovely. It is within walking distance of everything you might want to see and do. Vittoria and Rosy are wonderful and so willing to help arrange anything from tours to taxis. I plan to return to Sorrento and I will stay only here. I have read one negative review of this place and can't imagine that we are speaking about the same place. All other reviews have been great and well deserved.
Nicola

• Stayed September 2013
Wanaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Wonderful place to stay when visiting Sorrento. Stayed for for 4 nights, during which Vittoria and Rosy made us feel extremely welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them. House, rooms, and pool were all lovely and clean. Took about 15 mins to walk to town or the train station so this is a nice, quiet alternative to staying in the main town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Villa Adrianna is a lovely B&B which is well run by Rosey (the manager) and Vittoria (the owner). They were both very friendly and welcoming. Vittoria held a party at the Villa for her parents 40th anniversary and was kind enough to invite all of the guests. It was a beautiful affair with food, wine and live singing.

I stayed on the top floor with my wife. We had a very nice room with a balcony and lounge chairs. My three kids stayed in a triple suite with two bedrooms; there was ample room. The rooms are well appointed and immaculate. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfortable.

The villa has a beautiful pool with a small waterfall. (My only criticism is that the pool closed at 6:30 pm; I would have liked to taken a swim after getting back from sightseeing all day). The grounds are well maintained.

A continental breakfast is served from 8 am to 10 am. with pasties, fruit, cereal, salami, cheese, yogurt, ect. The cappuccino was excellent.

The B&B is slightly outside the main part of town and located directly across from the Hilton hotel (which is huge and looks down on the villa). The Villa is a 15-20 minute walk from Tasso Square, which is the happening part of Sorrento.

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Adriana and I thought the cost of the rooms was very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five days in July and it was just perfect. When I say charming, I mean every aspect of it!! From Rosy and Vittoria's wonderful customer service, to the beautiful grounds (especially the pool!), not to mention the clean, pretty room we stayed in. We really couldn't have had a better stay! In fact, I was lucky to celebrate my 32nd birthday in Sorrento, and Rosy and Vittoria helped my husband surprise me with roses and champagne in my room, plus helped him find a fantastic restaurant right on the beach. The list of why I loved this place could go on and on. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple