“Treated lik old family friends”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorrento
Villa Adriana Guesthouse Sorrento
Ranked #37 of 139 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Mill Creek, Washington
“Treated lik old family friends”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in late September, 2013 and absolutely loved the villa. We stayed in a queen room with terrace and although below the Hilton pool, we were not inconvenienced by it. Vittoria and Rosy were fabulous hostesses and took care of our every needs. We arrived earlier than we informed them we would and had to call Rosy and she arrived 5 minutes after we called. They took care of cab reservations and provided us with train schedules, places to see and eat and where to buy local wine a block away for only 2.90 euros a bottle. We enjoyed sharing our experiences with them, not only in the Sorrento area but on our extended visit to Italy as well. We also enjoyed talking with Rosy's son Daniel.

The day we were leaving our rental car would not start as the lights had been left on and drained the battery. Rosy and Vittoria contacted the local Hertz office and we were on our way only 2 hours later. Rosy provided us with snacks to have on our drive to Tuscany.

We really enjoyed the croissants that were made daily by Vittoria's Mom (Adriana). The villa is clean, appointed very nicely and having a washing machine available was a plus. The pool area and landscaping is wonderful. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Loved the queen room with terrace
1 Thank gailandt0m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
los angeles
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at villa Adrian for three days in September.
The villa was beautiful and the room and all public areas were spotless

The service is incredible, Rosy and Vittoria are so friendly and helpful, they almost make you feel like family

The breakfast is great
Many choices and all fresh.
The public areas were great, with a beautiful pool area (although we were so busy with sightseeing, we unfortunately did not get to use

The only negative aspect was that the location is a bit away from the central action, but still walkable.

Overall I would 100% recommend this accomodation

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was our first trip to Italy. Traveling with my mom (she is 82 years young), I was nervous. I wanted to know that assistance was readily available if needed. I couldn't have chosen better than Villa Adriana! We opted for airport pick-up in Naples, Rosy sent a car. The driver was helpful, friendly, informative. Rosy greeted us with a warm welcome. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Every morning began with warm delicious homemade croissants, fruit, juices and hot beverages. We sat on the porch or by the pool and talked with Rosy and Vittoria and other guests about our day and our plans. We did our laundry and hung it out to dry. We felt, not just welcome, but like favorite family coming for a visit! Staying here was an outstanding way to begin our visit to Italy! We walked where ever we wanted to go from here-the train station (but not with luggage!), the piazza, the lemon grove. And from the pool area I could only just see the tops of the lounge chairs at the Hilton, otherwise I never would have known it was there. Villa Adriana is a treasure! Rosy and Vittoria made it so.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Münster
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We, two couples in our early fifties, spent 10 nights at Villa Adriana end of September. I usually keep my ratings short and objective, but due to two very similar poor ratings I just read on our return back home, I feel compelled to elaborate a little more on our stay. In short, I cannot relate to those poor ratings at all and thoroughly agree with that overwhelming majority of positive ratings. I prefer addressing complaints directly with our hosts during our stay rather than posting them once we get home. Our only complaint was a broken TV and we found a new one in our room directly the next day!
What made our stay unusually special and memorable was the very personal and warmhearted attention we received by our hosts, Vittoria, Rosi and Lucia. We prefer a B&B mainly because of the personal atmosphere and attention a hotel just can´t offer. We are well traveled and have never received a better personal attention!

Room Tip: Room #1 (Queen terrace Suite) was wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bayport, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent a week at Villa Adrianna the first week of September this year and loved it. The house is very nicely done and the rooms are very comfortable. The pool and sourrounding area are such a welcome relief after a day of touring or a great place to spend the day if you want to just relax. Vittoria and Rosy were both welcoming and gracious hosts. Rosy helped us often with directions and suggestions. I found them to be very helpful when we needed them and very unintrusive when we were sitting and relaxing outside. The breakfast served in the pool area was nicely prepared and we were always offered more than what was presented at the breakfast table. The villa is a ten minute walk from town. You are removed from the constant noise of motorcycles, cars and pedestrian traffic. It is on a street that does have some traffic but we were nevered bothered by traffic noise. A large Hilton is just beyond the villa but again we were never bothered by noise from the Hilton. And I am someone who is very bothered by intrusive noise. Reviews are very subjective as are the impressions one takes away from any place. I read the previous two reveiws and disagree with them, but respect their right to state their impression. When I read reviews of a place on Tripadvisor I try to glean whether the person writing values the same things I value and whether they are looking for the same amenities I am seeking. When the majority agree then I assume that those disagreeing are looking for something more or something different. In this case, the 10 minute walk, even though slightly uphill at the end of the day, was a small price to pay to be removed from the noise, traffic and congestion of the town. We had a wonderful stay and I would not hesitate to recommend Villa Adrianna. I highly suggest that instead of taking the larger ferry type boats to visit other towns that you spend the extra money to rent a boat with 10 or 12 people. It was such a great experience and the view of the Amalfi coast from the water is not to be missed. Also, look on TripAdvisor for Zia Lucy who will take you on a hike up in the mountains above Positano. Not for the faint of heart, but it is a great experience. If you like mussels, then try them at all the different restaurants. Some of the best we've every had.

1 Thank Regina C
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Paid good money after reading previous reviews, villa was clean but souless and had no ambience. Totally agree with previous review by Starbuck3. No teas, coffees or snacks in our room, we should not have to ask for tea etc. Totally overlooked by the Hilton, screening on balcony is needed, also noise from the Hilton on 3 nights, Toiletries need to be upgraded, As for breakfast, same every day but where was Italian breads, tomatos and olives ?, sliced bread so dry and tasteless it had to be toasted. Met people who were staying at Uleyses Hostel and Spa and the Hotel Elios, they had nothing but praise, check these two out.
Villa Adriana is an expensive B&B without the extra special touches which i presume the previous family members added .

4 Thank Pommers1
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Villa Adriana Sorrento is the most wonderful B&B I have ever stayed in. I am here with my son, my brother and his wife as well as my nephew and his wife. Check it out at www.villaadrianasorrento.com
Beautiful Villa, lovely rooms, close to train station and downtown. The pool and gardens are lovely. It is within walking distance of everything you might want to see and do. Vittoria and Rosy are wonderful and so willing to help arrange anything from tours to taxis. I plan to return to Sorrento and I will stay only here. I have read one negative review of this place and can't imagine that we are speaking about the same place. All other reviews have been great and well deserved.
Nicola