“Perfect Location, friendly staffs.”

Sorrento Apartments
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was alone and my first time to Sorrento, but I felt comfortable and relax at the place. I catched train from Pompie station then arrived sorrento train, It was only 15 mins walk from station.

It was easy to find the apartment, I ask only 2 pp on my way, of course need to shown the map.

Then I did a late night shopping at Via Correale and Corsa Italia which only 10 mins from the apartment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jukorome
There are newer reviews for Sorrento Apartments

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I and our 21 year old daughter stayed here for a week in early May. We absolutely loved the location, right in the midst of a lovely back-street amongst tons of restaurants and cute shops. The owners and staff were so friendly and helpful. We hope we can come back and stay here again!!

Room Tip: Granted our room was a bit noisy during the waking hours but that's part of staying right in the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shelley_2011999
Reviewed 16 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Nellieford
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have just returned from staying at the Sorrento apartments had a fantastic 5 night stay the apartments are in a great location central to railway station,shops local restaurants.
After reading previous reports i wasnt expecting to much as some off the feedback was a little negative regarding cleaning , we found this not to be the case has our apartment was cleaned everyday .
We enjoyed sitting on our little balcony people watching & feeling we experianced a real view of Italian culture we know that Sorrento is based around tourism but we felt we had a loverview of typical Italian culture the family that own the apartments was very friendly & gave us information regarding shops, transport, thank you Merco & Sarah for being so helpfull.
We will return to the apartments on our next stay we much rather would stay at a small characterfull accomadation that the sterile enviroment of hotels & mass tourism .
Karen & Stewart Tittley ,walsall UK

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank farley170
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at the apartments in April. We were in Sorrento for a family wedding and wanted somewhere that my 18 year old step-daughter would have her own space, as well as somewhere that would cater for my 10month old daughter. This apartment was perfect and exceeded all of my expectations. The apartment had a large living area with a kitchen, big dining table and large sofa which turned into an equally large and comfortable bed. The living room also had Sky TV but there was only one english speaking channel. The bedroom was big and also had a TV. We were also provided with a large cot, beautifully made up (and also had toys in for my child to play with). Our apartment also had a huge roof terrace with an undercover eating area and sunloungers. Unfortunately we were unable to use it due to poor weather during our stay, however, if I was returning to Sorrento I would definitely ask for this room, as I understand not all rooms have this! The only drawback was the bathroom. Although it was large, the shower area was very narrow, and the shower curtain would stick to you. There were no bath facilities so showering my little girl proved difficult. In addition, the bathroom had a slightly strange odour. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They never bothered you but were around if you needed anything, for example, we needed an iron, and were provided with one within half an hour. The apartments were immaculate, and when the maid came to clean she was extremely thorough and even did our washing up! The apartments are in the very centre of Sorrento, but on a quiet stretch, so I didn't find it noisy at all. The only thing I would say it that it is advertised as being 100m from the sea - I think this is a little misleading, as you can see the sea from 100m away at a very nice viewing point, however, it takes a good 15 minutes to walk down to the harbour, and there is no beach. All in all, if I was returning to Sorrento I would definitely stay in these apartments again, as they provide quality at a good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the roof terrace - room 5.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessdaz
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We traveled to Sorrento by train. It was a very easy walk from the train/bus station to the Sorrento Apartments. But finding the apartments was a bit difficult because it does not have any street presence. It is about 40 meters slightly uphill from Via Vittorio Veneto on Padre Reginaldo Giuliani, and tucked behind a small gate between the Attardi and Davide Augusto Gelato storefronts. To make matters worse, Google maps does not find Padre Reginaldo Giuliani correctly, but Mapquest and Bing do. Even though it was hard to find, the location itself is ideal.

The management was very helpful, the whole place was clean and colorful, and the price was right.

We took over two apartments on the third floor for the five of us for three nights over New Year’s 2011-12. We had a very nice four bedroom apartment, and a very small one person apartment.

The one person apartment consisted of a bed, fridge, hot pad, combo shower/toilet/sink (like you would have in a motor home), and a small window overlooking another building. If you think of it as just a bedroom, it will be fine.

The four person apartment was wonderful. We had a balcony, kitchen with a four place stove, fridge, and plenty of dishes and pots and pans. The whole kitchen was enclosed in an IKEA style cabinet. That was kind of weird. If you close the cabinet, the whole kitchen disappears – but that might be a really bad idea while cooking. The bedroom was huge and the sleeper couch in the kitchen seemed adequate. The bathroom was also very large and nice. We did flood the bathroom and hallway while showering due to a poor design but we figured out how to minimize it after some experimenting. The balcony was very large, but the only view was of other buildings. It took us a while, but we discovered switches to the electric roll shutters – which were handy to keep out the morning light. Speaking of electric, make sure you know where the circuit breaker box is, since we tripped it three times while cooking with the electric heat on.

Overall, this is a place to relax, cook some pasta, and play some cards after a long day of hiking. It is not a resort where you sit on the balcony to watch the sunset. For views just before bed, walk 1 minute to the overlook just to the right and behind of the Imperial Hotel, then go back and have some Limoncello and sleep in a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank JohnMichaelHauck
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was travelling alone and looking for an affordable hotel and came across Sorrento Apartments on booking.com. It is fantastic value for money. When I arrived, the staff were friendly and quick to address any requests I made.

The rooms are very clean, beautifully decorated, lovely cushions and bedsheets. Bathroom had good water pressure and was quite big. Kitchenette was great for more basic meals on a stove top. There was a huge balcony which catches the sun which is ideal for dining and relaxing during the day.

I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2011