“What a find!”

Sorrento Apartments
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Fantastic location, a short walk from the train station and easy to find. Close to some lovely shops and restaurants.

The staff were so friendly and welcoming and were really helpful. We were given a recommendation for a day trip to Ravello which we wouldn't have otherwise known about but it turned out to be one of the best things we did.

The room itself was lovely, recently refurbished, and really clean and comfortable. The fridge and cooking facilities were so useful and we had breakfast on the balcony each morning. The shower is also worth a mention as it is the best shower I've ever been in!

Would definitely recommend sorrento and the sorrento apartments. We have some great memories from such a beautiful place.

Room Tip: I think it is worth paying a little extra to have a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Emma F

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed in Sorrento Apartments for a week and my stay could not be better.
The accommodation is located right in the old town of Sorrento, so easy to get to all the local attractions and amenities.
My room was a good size with en suite facilities and a kitchenette. The kitchen facilities were good and I was able to cook every day using the two ring hob. There is a good sized fridge to accommodate your provisions and in any case there are supermarkets close by, so you don't need to stock up much at all.
The owner is very friendly and extremely helpful and when I found on arrival that the hob was not working properly, it was replaced the same day without any quibble whatsoever. The room is cleaned and aired daily and the maid is very trustworthy as I left my tablet and mobile phone in the room sometimes.
If you bring a car there is parking on Corsa Italia at 18 Euros per day with free shuttle to the accommodation. In hindsight I wish I had taken the train from Rome via Naples as the railway station is close by. You take your choice, but parking anywhere on the peninsula is a nightmare and I was there out of season in March!
So next time for me it will be trains, buses and taxis!
But Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast are so beautiful I will certainly return and would definitely book with Sorrento Apartments again.

Room Tip: I suspect most rooms are the same, the hotel has a lift, so no need to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Centrally located close to main street and lift to beach. Apartment well laid out and comfortable for a family of five. The owner was friendly and helpful in terms of lcoal attractions. The price was also very reasonable!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kris123Lima
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Small city, easy to walk, nice sunset and the apartment, very confortable, clean, cable tv, wide bathroom and soft bed. Upstairs there's one with beddrom, bathroom, kitchen and garden. Unfortunatelly all days I stayed there were rainning.
It's magical!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ticiana B
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We arrived in sorrento two nights earlier than planned and hadn't yet booked a hotel. We jumped on booking.com and found this hotel available. The hotel was affordable and worth so much more than the last minute price we got it for. The kitchen facilities, bathroom and bedroom were all of an excellent standard. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank StephenjDwight
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed for two nights in January 2014. We arrived in Sorrento around 6pm with no where booked to stay. We thought there would of been a hotel open somewhere even if it is winter season. Well there was nothing except a 5* hotel which really was a 3* so we got on our trusty iPads and found Sorrento Apartments. We were just around the corner and decided to check them out. We were amazed to find they were extremely central and very clean. If we were to go back to Sorrento I would absolutely stay here, but we will not be going back. We were not impressed by the place (Sorrento)at all. We stopped for a few days on our month trip around Italy and were happy to leave. If I could say anything negative about the apartments it would be I wish there was a safe in the room. Other than that there was nothing wrong. Very good value for money...

Room Tip: Room 5 on the first floor is the one we stayed at and the one in the website picture with the big re...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Belinda A
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I stayed for 6 days over New Years and were so pleased with everything! The hotel, owners, staff and location were perfect, comfortable and in a great location to access the wonderful sights, stores, activities and restaurants of this wonderful city and the nearby locations of Pompeii, Herculaneum, the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Rome and Capri.
Our unit was newly updated, spacious, lots of closet space, large bathroom and a kitchenette just perfect for a short visit...the only addition I can think of would be a small microwave to reheat the wonderful leftovers from those great restaurants!
Definitely a "10"!

Room Tip: If accessibility is a concern always inquire about elevator access and size since this varies widely...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family