“Great lively bar”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great lively bar”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We came to this bar twice, our first night in Sorrento we had a cocktail and a beer. There was a dj playing good tunes and it was one of the liveliest bars for a Sunday evening. They give you little nibbles such as nuts and biscuits which was a nice touch.

The second visit we shared a pizza which was really good, seen some of the other food and it looked nice. Dj was playing again. The only negative is I prefer the outside seating area but its full of smokers so not the best when you hate it, guess thats just the way it is though. Still a great bar.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
The Beautiful North
“The most popular nightspot in Sorrento, always buzzing, with surprisingly good food”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

You can't miss this bar/ restaurant in Tasso Square. It's right beside the steps down the gorge, next to all the flagpoles, where we tourists take photographs looking down the gorge.

It's undoubtable popular, always seemed to be full of both locals and tourists. The outer areas tend to attract the bar crowd who are allowed to smoke here - take note, if you don't like smoke whilst you're eating. The inside of the building contains the restaurant and the main seating areas.
Judging from the popularity of this place as a watering-hole, we were surprised at the quality of the food. I had an excellent special dish, with fresh local fish cooked baked inside a salt case.

Service is fast and attentive, and they bring nibbles with your drink - little crackers.
Probably not somewhere you'd go for a quiet romantic dinner with your partner, but definitely convenient if you're in the centre of town.

Visited March 2014
“Lovely location”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

After searching around sorrento for somewhere to eat, me, my husband and my parents chose this place.
It is in a lovely location, right on the piazza. It's nice to see everything going on while you are eating.
The waiters bring you free bread, nuts, pretzels and dips to munch while you are waiting for your food which is great because you have to pay for that in most places.
The food was good but not great. Portions are a little on the small side.
The waiting staff don't take too much notice of you and aren't very attentive.

Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Not one of my favourites”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My partner and I ate lunch at the Syrenuse and I was a bit disappointed. The service wasn't the best or most welcoming. The food was nothing more than acceptable. One of the good things was the location and you also got a lot of little extras like garlic bread with dips etc..a really bad point was they sat two random guys at our table who were smoking and drinking beer as we were eating. Which I thought was ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend the Syrenuse as there are plenty of fabulous restaurants near by

• Visited October 2013
Kernersville, North Carolina
“"Good location...but service so so!"”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I were in Sorrento in mid March and after shopping around Piazzo Tasso for a while we decided to stop in here for dinner. We were shown a table inside towards the back. It took a while for someone to take our order. We ordered two Nastro Azzurro beers and a pizza with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and pineapple. While we were waiting, the waiter brought us some peanuts and pretzel mix to snack on until our pizza arrived. The service was slow and inconsiderate at time...to the point that you were completely ignored.
Pizza was ok...nothing to write home about...just convenient. Total cost: 17.50 Euro.

• Visited March 2014