“Honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Hotel La Favorita
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
“Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel is fabulous! I cannot say enough about it... the location was perfect, the staff excellent and we could sit out on our balcony & see the ocean & lovely gardens. This city & hotel was the highlight of our tour of Italy!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Terri D
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

We received your comment on our hotel and we thank you!

We really appreciate you consider our city Sorrento and our hotel the Grand Hotel La Favorita as the highlight of your tour in Italy.

We hope to welcoming you again in a nearest future.

Kindest Regards.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Perugia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I work as a tour manager and this hotel is excellent in every way from staff courtesy, food ,location, for a 4 star hotel it has to be the best!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephanie J
Dear Valued Guests,

We are glad you share your time with Trip Advisor expressing a so good comment on our hotel.

We are pleased you particularly appreciated our property, its professional staff and our courtesy.

We hope to welcoming you again in a nearest future and in the meantime we profit of the occasion to send you our best regards.

Hotel Manager.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Words cannot express how lovely this hotel is, stunning clean and very pleasant staff where great, location perfect we were recommended this hotel and it lived up to the recommendation.
The interior is amazing rooms stunning clean well presented can not wait to return

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

What a better reccomandation: Stay at the Grand Hotel La Favorita!

Thank you for your stunning comment, we are pleased you had a fantastic time at our hotel nd we really hope you will be our guest again.

Best Regards.

Oundle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Absolutely fantastic Hotel Clean Great Staff Excellent location Funky Decor in a 30's Italian grand style Can't understand why it is not 5 star Cannot reccomend this hotel highly enough & believe me I've stayed in 100's of Hotels in 30+ years of travelling

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Good Question yours: we are not a 5 star hotel but what it is important it is to be classified as a 5 stars hotel by our guests, above all by a Guest as you are with a so long travelling experience: 30 year travelling Thank you !

We hope to welcoming you again in a very nearest future.
Best Regards

Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hotel did not let us down- there was Champagne waiting for us in our room upon arrival and all guests get a voucher for a welcome drink. The rooftop swimming pool had a breathtaking view of the bay of naples-just the perfect place to relax. The hotel is located very centrally so it is not far from anywhere really-even the train station was only 10 min walk away. The breakfast buffet was fabulous- a 3 course breakfast is what my hubby called it so we really filled up for the day there. The staff were lovely and extremely friendly and always ready to help. Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MariaMelligan1
Dear Valued Guests;

What to say: thank you for your positive comment and paricularly for your appreciation regarding our offers: the Champaigne in the room and the Welcome Drink on the roof top floor.

Your Honeymoon has been fantastic but we are waiting you for on your 1st Wedding Anniversary, do not hesitate to celebrate it at our Wonderful Hotel.
Best regards.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I love this hotel. This year I thought about going to Ischia as something different and not going to Sorrento. When I realized that would mean giving up my stay at the Hotel La Favorita I decided against staying in Ischia because I didn't want to miss out on what I already knew would be a fabulous stay.

The hotel is stunning. I believe it is less than 3 years old and everything is just gorgeousThe rooms are beautifully tiled throughout and always spotless. The bathroom is huge with a wonderful deep tub that I soaked in everynight. Their toiletries are highend as well. They even give you conditioner to go with the separate bottles of shampoo and bath gel. Some hotels just give you those combo bottles of shampoo/bathgel, but not this hotel! Everything you need is given to you.

I especially love the breakfast and what I always found most enjoyable was all the freshly cut fruit. There was always 2 selections of melon, pineapple, kiwi, and oranges. I enjoy that so much more than the typical apple or peach in a fruitbowl that some hotels offer. Although I traveled alone, every morning when I arrived to breakfast I would choose whatever table I wanted to sit at and within moments my fresh cappucino would arrive. I read in a previous review that someone complained about the water at brrakfast not being good. I cannot imagine what water they could be refering to as each morning at breakfast there was 2 separate choices of bottled water. I paid 3-4 euros for the same water at the Sorrento retaurants at dinnertime!

After a day out and about I would return to the hotel to enjoy the rooftop balcony with panoramic views of vesuvius and beautiful Sorrento. Some days I would be up there enjoying my lounge chair as late as 7:00pm when I would drag myself away to get rready for dinner. Even when I got back to my room I had a hard time getting ready for dinner because when I should have finished my "routine" I would sit on my balcony instead to watch the gorgeous sunset. I'll always remember how the sea and sky changed to orange in minutes!

Another thing that stands out is the attentive personal service that each staff member gives you. When I checked out (45 minutes late and they didn't say a word about it!) I realized I never bought my father a bottle of limoncello. I only had 15 minutes before my car service was picking me up. When I asked Carmine the quickest place to run to for the limoncello he told me not to move and he would be right back. Within a minute he returned with a bottle of limoncello for me to take to my dad. He even had it bubble wrapped to put in my suitcase.

The only complaint I have about this hotel is that it has spolied me for all others!! So far in the last 2 years of staying twice no other 4 star hotel has come close to my experience at the Hotel La Favorita!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MiriamLisa
Dear Valued Guests,

How you could forget the marvellous sunset your enjoyed from our hotel, it is unforgettable as unforgettble has been your stay at our hotel Thank you for all your comments;: we realize that you had a fantastic time you had at our hotel and you would return to stay by us for a third time...Don't worry everything will remain unchanged: the gorgeous breakfast, the spotless rooms, the orange sunset etc.
Don't hesitate come and stay by us whenever you wish, you will be always welcome.
Best Regards.

Hotel manager
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our second trip to Hotel La Favorita, and these guys did not disappoint! After going there last year and being treated like royalty, we decided to return this year. Upon our arrival, we discovered that our room was upgraded to a sea view room and there was a lovely bottle of champagne awaiting us in our room! What a lovely surprise! Carmine, and the rest of the front desk staff, catered to our every need. Roberto, the matre'd, greeted us like family every day in the dining room with a warm hug and Guiseppe and Attanasio from the bar mixed up some super drinks and lively converation every evening for us.
The pool is amazing and Luigi was there for us providing his usual wonderful service. The rooftop restaurant and bar is yummy and so convenient.
The hotel is so well located, with it being far enough outside of town, but close enough to walk in a couple of minutes to the heart of everything. This hotel should really be rated a 5 star (Ssssh, don't tell anyone how great this hotel is! We'd like to save it all for ourselves!!) The rooms are spotless and large. We had a separate shower with great water pressure. Lots of TV stations (but why waste your vacation watching TV!?) We love coming here so much that we've already booked for next year and can't wait to come back.
As always, a wonderful, warm team of people who just can't do enough for you.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Bravo!

Room Tip: Room 222 was the perfect room with a sea view!