“Excellent Hotel...Concerns!”

Grand Hotel La Favorita
Ranked #7 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have stayed at this wonderful Hotel several times and given glowing reports about it to lots of friends so I am surprised to see so many negative postings recently.
Last September my party arrived at the Hotel a day early (accidently), it was late at night because of flight delays, they were not expecting us and of course we were upset by our mix up and the Hotel was very full.
The night duty manager telephoned the bookings manager (at his home in the middle off the night!) to help us. Two rooms were found for us in the Hotel and the next morning we were moved, with the minimum of fuss, by the porter and maids to our correct rooms, our friends were even upgraded!
This is the sort of service my husband and I have come to expect from this Hotel and it is a pity they are getting bad press regarding bookings. We have always booked directly with the Hotel
and had no problems, also I think this might be way to get the best rates!
There is no doubt the Hotel needs to sort out its booking problems but I am still looking forward to our stay this September at the Best 4* Hotel in Sorrento!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

We have received your excellent review on our hotel and we are pleased to know you had a wonderful stay at La Favorita.

We want to thank you mainly for your comprehension and we are pleased you remained well impressed by our staff's efficiency, noting that we always try do to our best to satisfy our clients.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, we profit of the occasion to send you our best regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at Grand LaFavorita hotel for 5 nights in Sorrento beginning of May. We were greeted upon our arrival and shown to our room. Service was excellent. Room had a balcony overlooking the garden..very clean, comfortable. Décor..blue/white tiled bathroom..very nice. We loved the location!..walking distance to town, shops and restaurants..also a short walk to get the lift for hydrofoil ferry to Capri..rooftop pool with view/and bar. Breakfast buffet was good..only recommendation I would make would be less of the sweet pastries..better quality croissants and coffee..there was a good variety..cheese, meats, eggs, yogurt, etc We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Garden view beautiful...overlooking lemon/orange trees..

Dear Valued Guests,

We received your review on our hotel and we want to thank you for sharing your time with Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased you had a fantastic stay at La Favorita and you remained well
impressed by our service, our rooms, our breakfast, in one word our hotel.

We hope to welcoming you again and in the meantime, please accept our best regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Just returned from our honeymoon at the Grand Hotel La Favorita which is a fantastic hotel in a superb location. The pool and the views from the roof top where stunning and the staff extremely friendly and helpful.
The only downside was on it booking it was noted it was our honeymoon, so no champagne on arrival as promised and no initial room upgrade to be with a balcony. When I did speak to the manager he did upgrade us the following day to room with a balcony and sea view, but unfortunately still no champagne. Not sure if this was Thomas Cook, Cresta or the hotels fault though.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

We received your good review and we thank you!

We are very pleased to know that you remained well impressed by our pool and the stunning views from our roof top and by our extremely friendly and helpful staff.

Please do not forget to come and stay by us once again and in the meantime, please accept our best regards.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with an unbelievable staff who are all very helpful in EVERY way. Great location and breakfast is the bomb. Staff is always looking after your needs whatever it may be. If you need directions or recommended restaurants or sightseeing of any kind all you need to do is ask Roberto or Rose or any other staff member and they will accommodate you. Very friendly and the staff all work very hard.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cam6791

Dear Valued Guests,

we have received your excellent comment on our hotel and we thank you.
We are pleased you remained good impressed by our staff who have benn all very helpful in EVERY way and looking after your needs .

We really hope you would come and stay by us once again.

In the meantime, please accept our best regards.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have stayed here twice now, May 2012 and May 2013, we will be doing a May 2014 with a bit of luck !! Sorrento itself is amazing, extremely romantic. We went this year for our honeymoon, I booked direct with the hotel ( i would recommend doing this ) on arrival we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us, which was a nice touch. The hotel itself is fantastic, the roof top terrace, the gardens, the rooms, the bar everywhere is immaculate. You cannot fault the food, you get a great choice for breakfast, and afternoon eating on the rooftop terrace is wonderful. Food, drink, location, service all 5 star. I actually cannot think of a better place to stay in terms of location you have all the bars, shops and restaraunts on your doorstep.. If you are staying in Sorrento you HAVE to stay at the Grand hotel la Favorita.

1  Thank wontontraveller99

Dear Valued Guests,

We have received your good review on our hotel and we want to thank you!

We are pleased you cannot think of a better place to stay in terms of location , rooms, food, staff and service.

We really hope you would come and stay by us once again and in the mean time please accept our best regards.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

In March I booked and paid for a four night stay in this hotel for mid-May. In late April after contacting the hotel I received an email confirming my booking. On arrival at the hotel I was informed they could not fulfil my booking. The hotel did not to try and contact me prior to my arrival to advise of the problem though they had my email and contact details. Neither did they contact the booking agency I had used. They offered me alternative accommodation in a nearby 4* hotel. The reviews of this hotel were nowhere as good as La Favorita so I decilined the offer. Then they offered me accommodation in a nearby 5* hotel which I reluctantly accepted as they said they could offer nothing else. They organised a standard room in the alternative hotel though I had booked a deluxe room in La Favorita. They told me there was a problem with the hotel booking system and that rooms were overbooked. However I noticed a group of wedding guests at the hotel when I passed at a later stage that weekend. Maybe a coincidence but a wedding group booking must be great to get during shoulder season?? It took a few hours to sort everything and get booked into the other hotel so our plans for the day were ruined - it was too late to go to Capri by the time everything was sorted. It really was a very disappointing experience and handled very badly by La Favorita management. The 5* hotel was very nice, but had I wanted to stay there I would have booked that hotel originally. It seemed like La Favorita felt they could do what they liked as my booking was paid for in full up front. A dreadful experience,

6  Thank medRoi
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
We received your review on our hotel and we thank you!
We are deeply sorry you had no possibility to appreciate our excellent hotel’s service and management .
What happened to you is not our fault, trust us : we had and we are still having serious problems with our computers, when we realize of our over booking situation was too late! The only thing to do was to find a good and nice accommodation for our coming guests.
Anyway our guests’ comments either positive or negative will represent for us an occasion to improve.
Please accept our best regards.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 as we were getting married in Sorrento. We had stayed in Sorrento before but wanted a hotel with a better location. This was perfect, near all the bars, restaurants, harbour etc.
We had a very warm welcome and a bottle of champagne in the room. The room was spotlessly clean just like the rest of the hotel. Loved the swimming pool on the terrace with great views.
Very relaxing bar area and when we met on the day of the wedding all the other guests who were not staying at the hotel commented what a great hotel it was.
The breakfast was first class! Staff were very professional and extremely helpful. We could not fault the hotel in anyway and this added to the great wedding day and trip we had in Sorrento.
We would highly recommend this hotel and will stay again in the future when visiting Sorrento.
Thank you Grand La Favorita for making great memories x x
Now Mr & Mrs Jones

3  Thank RUBE

Dear Valued Guests,

How we could thank you for a such good review on our hotel.

We are pleased you remained satisfied by our hotel's good location, by our professional staff and our nice and clean room.

Please do not forget to come and stay by us once again and in the mean time please accept our best regards.