“A Great Place to Stay in Sorrento”
Review of Diana City

Diana City
Ranked #28 of 147 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed at Diana City for 3 nights this past June. It's located on the main street of Sorrento and just a 10 minute walk from the train and bus stations. Our room and bathroom were a great size and we had wifi in the room. The staff was very friendly and there was a basket of European breakfast items that were refilled every day for us that included juice and biscuits. For American travelers, the linens - especially the towels will be odd as they were more like bedsheets compared to the towels in the US - but we got used to them. There was also no elevator so you have to carry your bags up the 2 flights of stairs. We were also there during the Euro Cup and although our room did not face the street we did hear street noise but we know that was an exception. Overall we were really pleased and would recommend Diana City to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
carvin2010, Proprietario at Diana City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear guest,
thank you so much for the fantastic remark that you have written about my B&B! I'm glad you enjoyed the friendliness of my staff, the breakfast basket, and the connection wi-fi free in the room! I hope you will return!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Good Parts:
Being on the main street, the hotel was easy to find.
I actually messed up our booking, and emailed them to say we were arriving a day early. Thankfully they were able to accommodate us at short notice, and for that we are extremely grateful. For that alone, top marks for service, especially in a town where good service wasn't easy to find.
The room was clean, colourful, and decked out with essentials like a refrigerator and tv.
This was the cheapest place we stayed in our 3 weeks in Italy, and we thought it was good value.

Things to be aware of:
Diana City emailed me afterwards offering a discount for friends staying with them in the future, but only if we reviewed their hotel. I'm not saying that's a bad thing by the way.
The bed was hard, and the pillows were like a sack of marbles.
Stairs. It's on the second floor, and there's no lift. Keep it in mind if you have health issues, or a lot of luggage.
The breakfast basket made me decide to go without and wait for lunch. Even the coffee was just a pod for their machine, which I couldn't be bothered figuring out -because I hadn't had my coffee. :-)
The Hotel is only staffed when they're expecting guests to check in or out. Not an issue if you have access to a phone though, as they give you a contact number.

Overall:
Good value for money. I'll bring my own pillow next time though. ;-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael O

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for appreciating the cleaning and the colours of my rooms, this is very important to me! I'm sorry that the pillows were too hard for you but each person has their own habits and would be difficult for us to satisfy the needs of everyone but we try!I'm also sorry that you not enjoyed the breakfast basket, it does not let you do a big breakfast but you can eat thanks it something quickly at any time! I really hope you will come back in my Dianacity, it will be a pleasure to have you as still guests!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Fantastic appartment on the main street just opposite the hospital.Friendly staff and superb and roomy appartment.Clean,large and just awesome

Room Tip: Always try for the appartment as the rooms a little smaller.Heaps of room and a little outside sitti...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Poodlz43

Dear guest,
thanks for the wonderful comment to my apartment, you have described it perfectly! I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here by chance, as we found it while out walking. Luckily they had a room for the 2 nights we needed.
I was a bit concerned, as it was in front of the hospital, but luckily for us, there were not too many emergencys those nights...so no noisy sirens.

The room was very good size and they provide a great little breakfast basket.
The Coffee machine & microwave in the comon area are a great touch.
The staff, Claudia & Rosa, were so helpful and informative, a real pleasure to meet.
If we did not have other plans, we would have stayed here for even longer.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We had arrived in Sorrento and our initial apartment could not accommodate our full stay. So we had to move out after 2 nights to return later. My husband and I walked thru the lanes to find us a back up plan and hold and behold, we found a gem by pure chance! Diana City suited our budget, the comfort and cleanliness was tops! The only thing I was concerned with was street noise but in all honesty, did not bother us at all. You could hear a little but after a long day of sight seeing and a lovely bottle of wine, what noise? The reception staff was warm, lovely and to add, gorgeous. A bit of a bonus for my husband as she was truly helpful in everyway with sight seeing and restaurants options. It was a B&B but they had a lovely breakfast basket with basics to start your day and a small kettle to make your teas. Now for the coffee drinkers, they had a communal expresso machine to help with your addiction!! The shower was tiny but heaps of hot water and they had basic toiletries if you had none or was running low. We left them this morning and would have stayed longer but we wanted a small kitchennette to cook.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is a good small value hotel in a great part of Sorrento, about a 10 minute walk from the train station. The hotel itself is pretty small; my guess is about 10 rooms total. The triple room that we had was big, though the bathroom was smallish, though fine. This is not a Bed & Breakfast, though they do supply small baskets of toast, Nutella, jam and orange juice. The location is quite good as it is along the Corso Italia, the main street through Sorrento. It is right across from the hospital, which can occasionally be noisy (due to Ambulances), but no more noisy than anywhere else along the Corso Italia. If you want a quiet place, you’ll need to get into one of the neighborhoods away from the Corso. The staff is great and very helpful in providing ideas for sightseeing. Diana City is a good choice for those who want to be at the heart of Sorrento for a good price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank George N
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Diana City was a terrific experience. Beautiful place in a beautiful city. Everything was cozy, clean, and had a quaint bed and breakfast character.

The receptionist lady was incredibly nice and helpful and genuinely cared about our stay. She even personally introduced us to the owner woman who was also very nice. We could tell this was a very friendly atmosphere, we were like guests in their home rather than just kids crashing on a bed.

The B&B is right on the main street, Via Corso Italia, a little bit far from the center Piazza Tasso, but still a decent location.

We would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Sorrento. A terrific experience in paradise!

Room Tip: If approximately 5 people, ask for the apartment upstairs (fully furnished, kitchen, private balcony...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends