“Perfect location”
Review of Diana City

Diana City
Ranked #31 of 142 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Located right in the city center, this spotless little bed and breakfast is perfect for exploring the Amalfi area the hotel staff were absolutely excellent, hurrying through a room clean to give us an early check in and assisting us with questions and tours. The front desk is not manned 24 hours but they do provide a phone number for any queries. There is no elevator so stairs can be a problem for those with mobility issues. Also the name can be a bit misleading as there is no breakfast supplied however they do have coffee 24/7 and delicious snacks in the rooms. We loved it here and every morning we could open up our balcony doors and watch Sorrento wake up!

Room Tip: Our room was on the Main Street but did not seem to be a problem for us.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
carvin2010, Responsabile reception at Diana City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear guest,
thank you so much for the wonderful comments that addressed our structure! It 's really a great satisfaction for us when our customers are excited about their stay at Diana City! Back soon!

There are newer reviews for Diana City

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I wondered what I was getting when Sorrento was booking up and Diana City had availability at a decent price. My room, a single w/a double bed had no window but a very high-up opening to the stairwell so I could hear everything all day or night (others coming and going along with everything they said). The room was clean and the location on the main street in town is a plus. The shower is so small I could hardly get in it and barely turn around once in it. Typical for Europe but there was plenty of room in the bathroom for a larger shower if they'd simply done without the bidet (do people actually use those?). Also, once checked in I only saw Rosa once in 3 days so far so if you have any questions, ask when you check in or you may be out of luck. Overall I realize I get what I pay for and am fine with it, but I really can't give this place more than a 3 despite that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank worldtravelergirl
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have just got back from a 4 day trip to Sorrento and stayed in the Diana City ,as people are already saying the hotel is in a great location but there are a couple of points I would like to make, this is not an English B&B as you would as expect, but do not expect an continental breakfast as there is only coffee and a few bits of light snacks. I stayed in room 1 and it was a nice room only problems were shower was so small if you were 6ft or a very large person you would never have had a shower, I'm only 5ft 6 and normally size and it was a struggle. Also I had 5 showers and only 2 were hot the rest were luke warm or cold. I know it's not the hotel fault but it is right on a busy road and if you are not used to noise then this will be a problem also the air conditioning is very noisy. I only met the ladies twice on my stay so could not comment much but when I did see them they were very nice and helpful .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This B&B is close to everything, the shops restaurants, train station and marina. Very clean abd spacious room. Very friendly staff, especially the owner.
Would definitely stay here again if ever in sorrento.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear guest,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent welcome and service by girl on reception. Nice touch with the coffee machine. The room was very roomy and contemporary designed walls were a nice touch. Rooms cleaned daily. Sky TV :) excellent to catch up on the football at night. Fridge included. The only down side was the noise from the back street traffic which seemed to die down between 5:00am to 5:05am but to be honest, we were so tired after Pompeii etc. that it wasn't a major issue. I can see why some might see it as an upmarket hostel but our experience was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Customer Thank you for your excellent comment. We hope to come back and see us soon, we will be happy to answer all your needs to offer a familiar and therefore, a dream vacation in a dream location!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Diana City hotel is located on the main street in Sorrento and a beach is below down the cliff:) The staff is lovely, the rooms are bright and clean. Free coffee and breakfast basket. The price is fantastic for the area. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 August 2013

As we had an early departure for the airport, I wanted to find somewhere that didn't include a breakfast that we wouldn't eat, and this fit the bill at a reasonable price. Internet booking was easy, with quick responses to emails, and one night wasn't a problem to them.

After reading some of the more negative reviews here, my expectations were quite low, but we were pleasantly surprised. The girl at reception was very pleasant, the room was very bright and also had a small balcony overlooking the main street. The room was clean, the bed was fine and the only minor downside was the shared coffee place running out of coffee and milk. I think comparisons to a hostel are a bit unfair, unless it was a more upmarket, room-only one.

If I was coming back to Sorrento, I would be happy enough to stay here if price was an issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple