“Have a driver! The only way to drive in Almafi!”

Francesco Marrapese Tours
Ranked #50 of 151 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours Transfers and Excursions with professional English speaking drivers/guides
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had a wonderful experience with our driver Carmine while in the Almafi Coast for a week. Carmine picked our group of 11 up at the Florence Airport Car Rental Return and transported to our Villa in Amafi in a very nice Mercedes Mini-Bus. We also had day trips to Pompei and a Winery Tour and an amazing day in Sorrento with the most incredible dining experience in Italy. Our driver, Carmine, took us to his brother's restaurant in Sorrento where we had a 7 course meal like no other we had experienced! The best seafood ever! Carmine then transported us to the airport in Naples for our long journey back to Florida. Would highly recommend Francesco who was a delight to deal with in the planning and execution of the trip and also highly recommend Carmine as an excellent driver in a very unique and challenging driving environment for Floridians!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Francesco and his team assisted my wife and I on our journey from Rome to Positano and then later that week from Positano to Naples.

The set-up was easy, we made all arrangements via email, and the response time was great.

The moment we cleared customs we were able to identify Massimo (the driver) who had a sign clearly visible with our name on it in the exit area. Very re-assuring to find the driver so easily. Massimo was totally professional, he walked us to his mercedes van which was immaculate, he was extremely friendly and he had no issues with a couple of stops for restroom breaks and an ATM. He drove very well, mindful of my wife's nervousness around the cliffs and he was very engaging on the four hour ride. His english was impeccible and he knew when to speak and when to let us sit quietly. A total pleasure and relief after a long day of travel.

We also engaged Massimo for our return from Positano to Naples. Again, the experience was great. Massimo parked the van at the Naples train station and assisted us in procuring tickets and made sure we were comfortable and knew what we were doing before he left us.

I cannot recommend Francesco and Massimo highly enough and we will certainly use them again when we are back in Italy.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our private tour of the Amalfi Coast was one of the brightest highlights of our trip to Italy. Francesco Marrapese Tours came very highly recommended by a friend and co-worker and they did not disappoint. Our guide and driver, Massimo, was extremely knowledgeable and very charming, making frequent stops, so we could absorb the beauty and majesty of the coast with all of it's spectacular views. We even had the added bonus of stopping at a little winery along the way and were able to sample delicious wines from the region, some of which we purchased on the spot. Additionally, Massimo was also very respectful of our time alone together as a couple, and he allowed for plenty of time for us to explore on our own. This tour was perfection and I highly recommend Francesco Marrapese Tours to everyone who visits Italy.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I can't say enough about this gentleman and his operation. Client service is impeccable. I have ridden with both Francesco and Gianluca. Thier tours are so good I keep coming back to the area!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I arranged my airport transfers with Francesco by email and he was very helpful, informative and professional from the start. It was nice to feel confident that I would be in safe hands bearing in mind I would be turning up at Naples on my own at the start of my trip. His prices are also good value for the high-end service you receive.

I was in Positano for a wedding with a group of friends and Francesco took us on a wonderful tour along the Amalfi Coast. We were especially impressed because he went out of his way to accommodate us at the last minute when he was obviously a very busy guy. After putting in a call to him, he arrived within 30 mins to collect us for a tour which was truly amazing.

He is very pleasant, professional, informative and good fun too (we do like a laugh so he was our ideal tour guide). My friends were all delighted with the tour and commented on how he went out of his way to help us for the whole day. Even hanging around to take us on extra trips when he really didn't have to.

We had a leisurely drive, stopped at many scenic spots, and he recommended some great restaurants/points of interest. It really was a great day.

I have no hestitation in recommending Francesco and I will definitely use his services when I visit in the future. Thanks Francesco