“Getting to know the Amalfi Coast in a First Class way”

Francesco Marrapese Tours
Ranked #50 of 151 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours Transfers and Excursions with professional English speaking drivers/guides
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Francesco Marrapese was an ideal tour guide. He met us at the Sorrento dock as my wife, two kids and I stepped off of the ferry from Capri. In a very professional manner, he showed us a wonderful day as driver and tour guide along the Amalfi Coast. He spared my wife and son their fear of heights as he mastered the drive along the coast with total control. He knew the best spots for photos and imbued us with the flavor of the culture and history of this beautiful region. He gave us an unexpected stop at a grotto where we had a boat tour, followed by a visit to an amazing ceramics store. In Ravello, he led us to a restaurant with a breath-taking panoramic view of the coast. It was memorable. On top of that, when we ran into difficulties with the airlines, he ended up driving us all the way to Rome.

Francesco seems to know everyone in the area and everything about the area. He patiently answered an enormous barrage of questions that flew at him from every direction from the members of my family. But most of all, he has a winning personality that made our trip even more special. We highly recommend him.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We did go to italy because my mum was not well i did call few people I know, but they were all busy,and a mate of my mine gave me the number of MR FRANCESCO.when we land at naples he was there with my surname,he did speak fluent english for my wife and 2 children and he is very pleasant, friendly person, dresses very very smart plus he is super with kids, he drove very carefully in the traffic as drivers in italy are maniacs at times. my wife ask to go to pompeii and herulaneum.he is the best i just want to say thank you FRANCESCO

Reviewed 27 October 2013

While Francesco was not personallt available to drive the four of us, his colleague, Maximo, gave us an outstanding tour with stops in Positano, Ravello, and Amalfi as well as Ponetone for lunch. He was very knowledgeable and helpful and provided us with an excellent tour of the coast. Would highly recommend Francesco and his group of guides.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We felt very lucky to have found Francesco (via our hotel's recommendation) to take us from Sorrento to Positano and back again. As both a driver and a tour guide, he was excellent; sharing his local knowledge in very good English and recommending a great restaurant for lunch. We would highly recommend him.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a private tour in a Mercedes van (driver plus four passengers). Our driver (Francesco) was very knowledgeable. The scenery was amazing. Good opportunity for photographs. Be prepared to do some easy to moderate walking. The weather was perfect. We visited Herculaneum in the morning. After lunch, we drove along the Amalfi coast. We made stops in Sorrento and Positano. We did this tour as part of our Mediterranean cruise. This was a private excursion with Francesco Marrapese (http://www.francescomarrapese.com). Francesco had us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. This was one of the highlights of our cruise.
See video on You Tube channel: nwaynesworld