“Superb hotel”
Review of Maison Tofani

Maison Tofani
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

This is a splendid hotel in an excellent location. The rooms are wonderfully decorated, spacious and clean. The only minor gripe is that the shower is small. Otherwise, the hotel is perfect and in particular the breakfast is superb. Staff are friendly and speak English. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DrAAA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at Maison Tofani in the beginning of October 2012. Sorrento is a tourist town and this beautiful hotel is situated on a great street open only to pedestrians. Shops, restaurants, gelato on both sides of the street. Has anyone said location, location, location. Maison Tofani does not have to depend on its location to be great. The hotel itself is great. We had a suite. A nice balcony overlooking the street. All the creature comforts - great bed, air, bath, chairs, etc. The restaurant is very nice. They serve you a grand breakfast with a silly (enourmous) selection of cakes and any other food you could possibly want. The ceiling is painted like the Sistine Chapel. I am gald I didn't bother standing in line in Rome for that one. Heck I saw it here every morning for breakfast. But the best is the people. They are very helpful and become like friends almost immediately. My Buddy was Giovanni Fiorentino. He helped us with everything we needed - excursions, directions, advice, travel options, you name it. While I was in Naples I had my wallet pick pocketed (bummer). When I got back to the hotel the little lady at the front desk helped me with my calls to the credit card companies in the States. When Giovanni got back in he was way more distressed about the situation than I was. Immediately he told me not to worry about paying for the hotel and asked me if I needed any money. I didn't but it was sure nice to see how concerned they were for my well being. The person that owns the hotel owns two restaurants. I visited one. Never got to the other because I ate at the first one five nights in a row. I will put this place in another review. What am I trying to say. When in Sorrento stay here. Enjoy. And Giovanni Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Get a suite
1  Thank nohassle1956
Reviewed 22 October 2012

this must be the best place to stay in centre of sorrento . a really beautiful hotel with the most helpful staff who helped make a wonderful holiday.geovanni helped organise our days and the breakfast staff were great. bedroom spacious,bathroom spotless and modern,breakfast great.just amazing

1  Thank mrjohn_12
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We spent a week here as part of our honeymoon in July 2012. A lovely boutique hotel in a great location. The staff were super attentive and helped to make our trip so memorable. The room was a lovely spacious room with beautiful decor. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and a great shower. We arrived to a bottle of champagne chilling which was a lovely touch. The roof terrace was great for sunbathing with an outdoor shower and we had it to ourselves whenever we used it. My husband was disappointed there was no iron in the room to iron his shirts but the hotel staff very kindly ironed everything for him one afternoon which was so nice. Breakfast was a real treat each morning with a huge selection and some lovely homemade treats from Maria. There is a half board option with two restaurants, both close to the hotel. We would highly recommend this as well. A great busy street in the centre of sorrento is right on your doorstep but as soon as you step into the hotel courtyard it's quiet and a nice retreat after a busy day. We couldn't say enough about how wonderful the hotel was and how amazing the staff were and we hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Loved this hotel! The service was exceptional. The location is very central. Breakfast was great too! The room was a little small but cozy. :) The people who worked there are very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Just what we wanted and pleasantly surprised.
A very nice boutique hotel with a great staff who provides great service. Good location and great breakfast. Deluxe room was very nice and very clean. Bathroom was really nice and no hot water issues.
Small balcony to enjoy a glass of wine with a rooftop to do the same or catch some sun and relax.
Excellent communication on reservation informations etc.
Enjoyed our stay and Would return. Nothing bad to say at all.
Not a good choice for young families...more of a couples hotel

3  Thank stueyman
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Whilst not the most impressive entrance to the hotel, this boutique hotel is so much better than many of the larger hotels in town.

It's central location is fantastic and even though you are in the middle of town there is no noise issue.

The rooms are all clean and the beds are one of the most comfortable beds you can find in any hotel in the world.

The jacuzzi named shower is a little misleading as they're not all that powerful.

The walls in the rooms are a little thin, a lady in the next room kept us awake with her coughing for example. But when there is no one about it's quiet.

The breakfast whilst nice was a bit of a struggle as unless you're there when it's all served up, I think 8am, the hot food may go quickly and it took some coersing to get some more made up.

There is a good little sun terrace on the roof which is a good little retreat spot if you want to relax in the sun.

1  Thank RobertScott14