“Couple of days in Sorrento.”
Review of Maison Tofani

Maison Tofani
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. October 10 to 14. Lovely spot. Central location. Great breakfast. Rooms could have a little more storage areas, but the bathroom area was good. Service the best. The staff is fluent in English and Some in Spanish.

There are newer reviews for Maison Tofani

Reviewed 29 October 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at Maison Tofani in Sorrento. What a superb base for our travels. Great location in the old town. Received a wonderful welcome, with excellent service throughout our stay. Really good breakfast to start each day and lovely, clean, large rooms to return to. The other reviews I've read say it all.. I highly recommend this 'bed and breakfast'.

2  Thank Louise W
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

This is a splendid hotel in an excellent location. The rooms are wonderfully decorated, spacious and clean. The only minor gripe is that the shower is small. Otherwise, the hotel is perfect and in particular the breakfast is superb. Staff are friendly and speak English. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DrAAA
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at Maison Tofani in the beginning of October 2012. Sorrento is a tourist town and this beautiful hotel is situated on a great street open only to pedestrians. Shops, restaurants, gelato on both sides of the street. Has anyone said location, location, location. Maison Tofani does not have to depend on its location to be great. The hotel itself is great. We had a suite. A nice balcony overlooking the street. All the creature comforts - great bed, air, bath, chairs, etc. The restaurant is very nice. They serve you a grand breakfast with a silly (enourmous) selection of cakes and any other food you could possibly want. The ceiling is painted like the Sistine Chapel. I am gald I didn't bother standing in line in Rome for that one. Heck I saw it here every morning for breakfast. But the best is the people. They are very helpful and become like friends almost immediately. My Buddy was Giovanni Fiorentino. He helped us with everything we needed - excursions, directions, advice, travel options, you name it. While I was in Naples I had my wallet pick pocketed (bummer). When I got back to the hotel the little lady at the front desk helped me with my calls to the credit card companies in the States. When Giovanni got back in he was way more distressed about the situation than I was. Immediately he told me not to worry about paying for the hotel and asked me if I needed any money. I didn't but it was sure nice to see how concerned they were for my well being. The person that owns the hotel owns two restaurants. I visited one. Never got to the other because I ate at the first one five nights in a row. I will put this place in another review. What am I trying to say. When in Sorrento stay here. Enjoy. And Giovanni Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Get a suite
1  Thank nohassle1956
Reviewed 22 October 2012

this must be the best place to stay in centre of sorrento . a really beautiful hotel with the most helpful staff who helped make a wonderful holiday.geovanni helped organise our days and the breakfast staff were great. bedroom spacious,bathroom spotless and modern,breakfast great.just amazing

1  Thank mrjohn_12
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We spent a week here as part of our honeymoon in July 2012. A lovely boutique hotel in a great location. The staff were super attentive and helped to make our trip so memorable. The room was a lovely spacious room with beautiful decor. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and a great shower. We arrived to a bottle of champagne chilling which was a lovely touch. The roof terrace was great for sunbathing with an outdoor shower and we had it to ourselves whenever we used it. My husband was disappointed there was no iron in the room to iron his shirts but the hotel staff very kindly ironed everything for him one afternoon which was so nice. Breakfast was a real treat each morning with a huge selection and some lovely homemade treats from Maria. There is a half board option with two restaurants, both close to the hotel. We would highly recommend this as well. A great busy street in the centre of sorrento is right on your doorstep but as soon as you step into the hotel courtyard it's quiet and a nice retreat after a busy day. We couldn't say enough about how wonderful the hotel was and how amazing the staff were and we hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Loved this hotel! The service was exceptional. The location is very central. Breakfast was great too! The room was a little small but cozy. :) The people who worked there are very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends