“Exceeded our high expectations”
Review of Maison Tofani

Maison Tofani
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
bergen
“Exceeded our high expectations”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Last minute reservation, booked the room the same morning, price 200€. I don't know whether this is standard price or not, but that's how I've regarded value for money. I read the overwhelming reviews on the net, and met up with very critical eyes.

But wow, this hotel has got style. I did not expect what we got. There is a feeling of luxury, personality (12 rooms), superb location and a lot of x-factor. I think most visitors will like what they get. Perfect for couples, but we were a family with 3 children (6, 4 and 1) and we all loved it.

This is truly one of very few times where I felt obliged to write a review.

• Stayed August 2013
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, I want to thank you for your kindness and for your beautiful words. They make us feel gratified with our work!
We hope to see you again as soon as possible.
Best regards,

Maria D’Esposito & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Exceptional hotel in every way -- service, amenities, location and character. Giovanni was very helpful and responsive when booking and with email questions prior to arrival. At check-in, he was a model of warmth and hospitality, making sure everything was right, providing tips and suggestions, getting the room wifi up and running and arranging for box breakfasts on days when I'd miss the regular one. He also provided his cell number in case of any issues or questions during my stay.

My "classic" room was large, airy, immaculately clean and quiet, with good air conditioning, an excellently-equipped bathroom with jacuzzi tub-shower, and an extremely comfortable double bed. The breakfast is indeed incredible, served either in the palatial dining room or al fresco overlooking the courtyard, with an amazing array of delicious fruits, cakes, meats, cheeses etc. The other public rooms are gorgeous, with the building's prior life as a local noble's house clearly evident in the palatial proportions and lavishly painted ceilings.

I really can't say enough good things about Maison Tofani -- my 3-night stay exceeded my high expectations. This is a model of what a small boutique hotel should be, and I would definitely go back on my next trip to Sorrento.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guests,
I’m very glad that you had a pleasant stay at my Maison.
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the room, the breakfast and our painted ceilings.
We hope to see you again as soon as possible!
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards.

Maria d’Esposito
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2013

While we loved our time in Sorrento, I think a lot of it came down to our choice of hotel. Maison Tofani is a special hotel. It is located right in the heart of the old town of Sorrento so a 2 minute walk from Piazza Tasso, a 5 minute walk from the Sorrento Lift to get down to Marina Piccola and about a 15 minute walk to Marina Grande. Our room was spacious, air-conditioned, and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. And yes, the breakfast spread lived up to its reputation.

We had originally planned to spend our last night in Napoli before flying home but we loved it there so much that we cancelled that hotel and stayed another night - I think that says it all.

Room Tip: We paid extra to get the Deluxe Room/Junior Suite and would highly recommend it for the extra space...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I’m very glad that you had a pleasant stay at my Maison.
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the room and the breakfast.
We hope to see you again as soon as possible!
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards.

Maria D’Esposito
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We arrived in Sorrento after more than 24hours in transit with our 2 children (aged 3 and 10months). We could not drive to the hotel and got dropped off at a park where we were greeted by an employee from the hotel who assisted us with the suitcases. We walked through some small streets/ally ways until we suddenly arrived in this beautiful, buzzing street full of shops and markets. We arrived in front of a building with a flag of Maison Tofani hotel. Immediately we loved the look and location of this hotel, right in the center of where everything happens, with more like a self catering apartment feel, than a hotel (feels like home away from home). the first words at reception was "Welcome to Maison Tofani, we have upgraded you to a Superior deluxe room". What a start, this always happens to others!!! The reception staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Giovanni went out of his way to try and assist us with day trips and other suggestions and recommendations. The room was very spacious, it had Wi fi, TV, LCD screen with keyboard and kettle with coffees and teas. The bathroom had to washing basins with a bath/shower (one). We had a small balcony overlooking all the activity in the busy street down below. Once you close the heavy doors, no light or noise comes through into the room, the room is dark and quiet. Breakfast in Italy was probably our biggest disappointment, but Maison Tofani was by far the best we had. Good selection of cold meats, fruit, cereal and yoghurts, with some lovely hot dishes which changes day to day. The sweet tray next to the buffet is fantastic. The building is beautiful on the inside with stunning paintings against the ceilings and lovely decorations inside. We were given free champagne at certain restaurants and hotel provided beach towels and umbrellas. Thank you to the entire staff of this fantastic hotel, they were fantastic with the kids and provided fantastic service throughout our visit, I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and will definitely visit in future.

Room Tip: Choose room with small balcony on main shopping street
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for your detailed description and for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,

Maria D’Esposito
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel was amazing, located in the central of sorrento so easy to get to and get about. Breakfast that we received eat morning was amazing, lovely selection from fruits, cereals to cakes and pasties mmmm. Rooms were lovely and had plenty of room and the essential air condition for summer time in italy. Would love to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
We hope to see you soon again at Maison Tofani. It’s with great pleasure that we read your words and your review about our hotel.
Thank you very much.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Maison Tofani is an excellent hotel in an excellent location and the service is second to none! Giovanni and the entire staff team could not do enough for us and it really made our first trip to Sorrento extra special. This family run hotel is ideal for couples and families alike and it offers a wonderful homely environment. The rooms are clean, spacious and well-equipped and we didn't want for anything.

You are walking distance from the main square, shopping facilities, restaurants and the port...why would you want to stay anywhere else?

The owner Maria is very hands on and is there to greet the guests every morning after she has prepared a wonderful breakfast, including home baked cakes and buns.

I cannot fault this place and will definitley be returning soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rohit k
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, we want to thank you and we are waiting for you here to have another pleasant stay.
Your review and your words make us very happy! They motivate us to always do better too.
We are waiting for you again.

Toronto
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Maison Tofani is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Sorrento. Within walking distance of Piazza Tasso and many restaurants to chose from. Our room was very comfortable, clean, and spacious. The breakfasts have a variety of beautifully prepared dishes. Giovanni and the staff at Maison Tofani were extremely helpful and accommodating. We were able to arrange pick up from naples train station with Giovanni. It is worth thinking of doing if you are staying here because cars are not permitted to enter all streets in Sorrento, so a member of the staff comes out to guide you to the hotel and assist you with your bags. We felt very welcome and well taken care of during our entire stay. I would absolutely return to Maison Tofani as well as recommend this hotel to friends and family. Thank you very much for a wonderful stay in Sorrento!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole C
Dear Guests,
I read with pleasure that your stay at Maison Tofani, was greatly appreciated.
I hope to see you again and we count you as among our special guests.
I send to you our kindest regards.