“Signora Maria makes you feel like family!”
Review of Maison Tofani

Maison Tofani
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Loved staying at the Maison Tofani mid December 2013. Great location (steps away from two squares) and fabulous staff. Not a hotel with any views to speak of - ours was of a lovely old shopping street with christmas lights. Quiet, good bed and great shower/jacuzzi combo tub. Parking Centrale was a great way to dispose of the car until we needed it, and they'd bring it right to the square adjacent to the hotel or provide rides to the garage. We originally planned 2 nights, but extended to three because of our experience there. Nothing beats Signora Maria's included breakfast feast! She prepares items daily, including choice vegetables and fruits from her garden. The restored maison is really beautiful. We were unable to have the same room when we added a third day, and honestly the "family" room with kitchenette was not as nice as the original double superior we enjoyed our first two nights. The loft rooms were too low-ceiling for us to choose. Wireless note: request one access code per device you need to connect with. Accessibility note: no elevators. Would definitely return to Maison Tofani on a return trip to Sorrento.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rafael C
There are newer reviews for Maison Tofani

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at Maison Tofani in Oct 2013 and it is definitely one of the best places we stayed at during our 4 week long trip to Italy/Greece. Its location is smack amongst the town shops/attractions of Sorrento and within close proxity to food and transportation.

The breakfast spread is always a feast (considering the price of our stay) with cold meats, fresh fruit, and even mouth watering pastry and cake baked by the folks there. Till today, I still remember how good the chocolate cake/pastry tastes! The folks there are very friendly and helpful. Was lucky enough to meet the nice owner of the place who was most hospitable to us. I suppose good service starts from the top.

Many thanks to the awesome crew at Maison Tofani for making our stay in the Amalfi coast such a wonderful one. Cheers!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveldudester
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at Maison Tofani for six nights over Christmas. It was everything the reviews said and more. Giovanni arranged for me to be picked up at Naples Airport - so worth the $85 euros. Because of the location we could not get right to the hotel but they met us in the square and helped with the luggage and brought me right to the hotel. The room was amazing with plenty of room and storage. The bathroom was very large compared to many other European hotels I have stayed in. The location was about 10 doors off the main square. Breakfast was amazing - plenty of choices for sure. Service outstanding. The entire staff was so helpful. I could not have asked for better. Giovanni had Gaetano pick me at the airport and also arranged to have him bring me around the Amalfi Coast - WELL WORTH It. Can't say enough good!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 104, which opened on to the busy Via S. Cesareo. The doors kept the street noise o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having renovated and turned her ancestral home into a hotel, Signora Maria has created an extraordinary experience in Sorrento for any traveler. Beautifully remodeled with exquisite attention to comfort and detail, all rooms and common areas are gorgeous.

Ours was a loft room (third floor) with a balcony overlooking the rooftops and Mt. Vesuvius in the distance. We decided to extend our stay by one night and were moved to a "superior" room on the first floor. We preferred our first room as it was very quiet. The second room was on the other side of the elevator and common area, so was a bit noisy. Beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. Bed linens and towels were monogrammed (classy touch!). Free wi-fi throughout. Breakfast was impressive, extensive and tasty.

Be advised, front desk closes at 8pm, so ensure you have confirmed your arrival in advance if you will be showing up later than that so they can make appropriate arrangements. Signora Maria is warm and gracious; her staff competent and professional. Would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DandLtravel
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for your detailed description and for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
Our front desk downstairs is open from 8.00am until 9.30pm, and after there is the night porter upstairs. So we are here for you and for all the guests 24h per day.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,

Maria D’Esposito

Reviewed 19 December 2013

There is no doubt in my mind that Maison Tofani is the very best place to stay in Sorrento!

The location, the public areas of the hotel, the rooms, the staff - everything was as it should be and absolutely perfect!

Be aware that because of the awesome location, you can only take a taxi within about 2 short blocks of the hotel, but the driver called the hotel and Giovanni went to meet me at the taxi to help with luggage and show me the way. What a gracious welcome!

The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays - and the public areas are spectacular! My room was very quiet, very clean and very comfortable.

What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jenaswright
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Maison Tofani this past September for 5 nights and we found ourselves wanting to stay even longer. Previous reviews have already mentioned the fabulous location, the well decorated and comfortable rooms and of course the lavish breakfast served each morning. All are 100% true as you will find out once you are there. If you literally want to stay in the heart of Sorrento and if your budget allows, this is the place period!

Giovanni who is operations manager could not me anymore helpful as past fellow reviewers have mentioned. We found that out the first day when "both our bags were lost" in between Vienna and Naples Airport. Needless to say we left everything in his capable hands and of course he came through. Bags in our position the following day.....yeah!

We also had Giovanni book transfers well ahead of time before we arrived into Naples Airport to the Maison Tofani as well as return transfer to Naples train station as we were headed off to Rome after our stay in Sorrento. I would advise doing this "as everything went perfectly smoothly". We were very happy and it was well worth it! Your on a vacation and you don't need headaches so take advantage of their hospitality.

As far as excursions while in Sorrento I would advice "taking the ferry" to Almalfi and or Positano as the bus was slow and painful. The Maison Tofani also has a nice excursion to Capri. Best part of that island, at least to my wife and I, was Anna Capri. Make sure you visit there and take the tram up to the top! A lot of fun and the views are spectacular.

We stayed in Room 203 which is a Superior Room with large window that opens with a great view of everything going on down below. So many nice places to eat including a couple of their own not far from the hotel.

Sorrento is the perfect base for your trip to the Almalfi Coast and the "Maison Tofani" will provide you a stress free outstanding stay. If you can swing it I would advice 4 nights or more as there is so much to see on the Almalfi Coast and its best just to take your time.

We loved Sorrento and the Almalfi Coast and our stay at the Maison Tofani along with its staff could not have been nicer. We plan on going back sooner rather than later!

Joe & Cammie

Room Tip: The location of the Maison Tofani in the heart of Sorrento itself is the key but its nice to have a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jsk2007
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had a Wonderful Stay at this place.
First the location was everything, You're at the center of Sorrento, You can walk by foot to every place in town from there.
Although it's not the best if you're with a car, since the streets are pedestrians streets, The hotel will take care for Vallet Parking for you for about 20-25 Euro Per day.
Then the service, the staff was there for us for any inquiry or request we had, Nunzianna and Giovanni assisted us in planning trips, and answered all our questions.
Breakfast was awesome, Like in a boutique hotel, everything delicious, everything in small portions, and as much as needed. Although it would be nicer if the menu changed a little bit more, during 3 days we have seen only small changes.
To conclude, The overall ambiance there is great, and adds alot to the face you're in a great Town.
Definitely Recommended!!!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and take the Junior Suite, Ours was a Huge room and ceiling, With a Very Nice Ba...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple