“Excellent ”

Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
İstanbul, Türkiye
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in the heart of Sorrento , Rooms are good , Breakfast is very good .But the most important point is personel feels you at home if you didnt arrange any think just ask for Giovanni he will arrange everything . Its better to call before u go there

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aytugfb
Dear Guests,
I read with pleasure that your stay at Maison Tofani, was greatly appreciated.
I hope to see you again and we count you as among our special guests.
I send to you our kindest regards.

Maria D’Esposito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Our recent 5 night stay at Maison Tofani exceeded all expectations. From the location to the cleanliness to the staff, every need was meet before we even asked. Giovani provided us with a fabulous tour guide who took care of us like royalty. He made sure our sight seeing was planned so we had NOTHING to worry about. Our room included an amazing view of the shops, tempurpedic mattresses and pillows, a Jacuzzi Tub and towel warmer as well as robes and slippers. Each morning began with a great assortment of breakfast items in and exquisite dinning room. If we ever have the chance to visit again we wouldn't think twice about where to stay. Thank you Giovani and the rest of the staff for such an amazing experience :)

Room Tip: Only 11 rooms so I don't think you make a bad choice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for your detailed description and for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

After 1.5 weeks in Florence and Rome, we received the warmest welcome and vibe at Maison Tofani. The staff, super clean and comfortable rooms, and delicious breakfast made this our favorite hotel of our entire trip! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guests,
We hope to see you soon again at Maison Tofani. It’s with great pleasure that we read your words and your review about our hotel.
Thank you very much.

Guildford
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I stayed four nights at Maison Tofani and we totally agree with all the other positive reviews - the hotel and the people are outstanding. Although we were in Sorrento in the off-season, in February, and we had plenty of rain, we had a wonderful time. The room was elegant, quiet and comfortable. The owner Maria Tofani was charming and prepared an excellent buffet breakfast for everybody. She was also very kind and patient and helped us with our efforts to speak in Italian. The manager Giovanni is in his 30s but very experienced and could not have been more helpful with restaurant and travel advice. We also appreciated his arrangements for parking our car - as the hotel is in a building in the centre of old Sorrento, on a narrow pedestrian street, the car was parked about a kilometre away in an underground parking. We were then taken to and from the parking each day in a courtesy car - really very good. Another lovely touch - Giovanni saw that it was my wife's birthday and informed Maria, who cooked my wife a delicious birthday cake and presented it to her at breakfast time - very impressive and most kind.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James0111
Dear Guests,
I read with pleasure that your stay at Maison Tofani, was greatly appreciated.
I hope to see you again and we count you as among our special guests.
I send to you our kindest regards.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

So many great reviews have been written about Maison Tofani in Sorrento, Italy and each one has its own merit. What sets Maison Tofani apart from other hotels is the lovely owner of this fine establishment and the attentive Staff who are instrumental in creating an atmosphere of serenity through their fine service. Signora Maria is a very charming, elegant and compassionate woman who takes great pride in her home. Her attention to detail creates a beautiful boutique hotel where you feel pampered and happy. Maison Tofani is absolutely gorgeous! We stayed for a week in February and enjoyed every moment of it.

We completed our booking and tours through the website and the great Giovanni, who is such an intelligent and organized individual. He is so personable and a real gentleman. He was helpful in every way and an all- around fine person with a positive attitude and good sense of humour.

We were picked up at the airport by dear Lauro. What a sweet man. He spoke a little English, I spoke a little Italian, but we were all able to communicate. He was a great driver and a guide as we stepped into his vehicle at Napoli Airport. Several days later, we took a tour of the Amalfi Coast and were guided by Gaetano. Gaetano should have his own comedy show! He is very knowledegable, very humorous and I believe he knows every single person in southern Italy! It was a fabulous tour and my tummy ached from laughing so much throughout the tour. Gaetano is a real gem!

The staff at Maison Tofani were always smiling and ready to give suggestions or assistance when needed. Tony, Vladi, Olga and Ras are a terrific group of people and added to the atmosphere of comfort at Maison Tofani. I may be forgetting a name or two in terms of staff recognition and I do apologize for that.

The Junior Suite in which we stayed was magnificent. It is tastefully decorated with a very comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, an amazing bathroom and everything is absolutely immaculate! I love the high wood-beamed ceilings. It made the suite feel spacious and palatial. The veranda was lovely as well. To open the veranda doors in the morning and hear the morning sounds of shopkeepers opening their stores, the chatter of children on their way to school and others walking and talking on Via San Cesareo made me smile and feel like a local as my ears absorbed the musical sounds of a Sorrento morning.

Colazione/Breakfast was a feast for the eyes and palate. Signora Maria’s talent in creating the most delicious cakes, tortes, cookies, and sweets is glorious! She has her own garden as well and offers up the freshest grilled vegetables, which I enjoyed immensely. There is so much offered at breakfast, you simply want to try it all. Back to her baked goods. My favorite sweet was a lemon crème cookie, which consisted of two layers with lemon crème between it and then middle was studded with nuts. I yearn for that cookie right now as I write this review! My husband gave me the biggest Birthday surprise ever during one breakfast. He sat there across the table smiling at me and I smiled back. He just kept smiling and the next thing I knew, in comes the entire Maison Tofani staff, led by Signora Maria carrying a beautiful pink and white birthday cake, followed by Tony carrying a champagne bucket with a bottle of Pommery Champagne and bouquet of flowers. I could not believe what was happening and then the staff sang Happy Birthday to me in Italian. Well, I could not help but shed tears of joy from this gift from my Husband and the sincere warmth of the staff. I was stunned, but in the happiest of ways. Each staff member hugged me and I cried some more. The other guests at breakfast applauded and I sat there in awe. It truly was the very best Birthday surprise I’ve received and I am so grateful to my Husband and Maison Tofani for making me feel so incredibly special!

We stayed a total of seven nights and upon leaving, I honestly felt like I was leaving family. Again, more tears flowed as we hugged our goodbyes The folks at Maison Tofani are genuinely kind, compassionate, and know the secret of excellent service. I miss being there already, but I know one day we shall return!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is beautiful! We had Room 104.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank giskwa
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guests,
I’m very glad that you had a pleasant stay at my Maison.
Thank you for your wonderful comments.
Was my pleasure make your birthday a special day for you.
We hope to see you again as soon as possible!
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards.

Maria d’Esposito
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Ohhhhh! Every time I think of our stay at this hotel, my heart fills with joy and nostalgia. What a great time we had there!

We and my fiancée, now husband, got married in Sorrento in Oct 2013 and I’ve booked Maison Tofani for my “getting ready “ venue and also for the first part of our honeymoon. Giovanni, who is in charge of the Hotel, made us feel very welcomed and was extremely professional. He help us getting around and suggested some beautiful restaurants! Not only that, Giovanni pretty much salvaged my wedding day and for that I will be eternally grateful :)

The Hotel is beautiful and very well decorated. And even though it sits in a very busy narrow road, full of shops and restaurants, the nights were very calm. The heavy door and double glazing also helped with soundproofing. Everything was spotless clean and the service was fantastic. I went to quite a lot of hotels, on business trips, but Maison Tofani by far the best hotel I stayed!

The breakfast bar is impressive and will make you want to stay having breakfast for a few hours. And please try the cakes, who are baked by the lovely owner Maria! They are delicious!!! Maria also kindly baked me the yummiest cake I've ever had on my wedding day!

Maria, thank you very much for your great hospitality! I felt like I was at home. Could have not wished for a better service from you and all your staff.

Thanks for all you have done for me and Michael, leading to the wedding day! We will never forget you and Giovanni and the amazing time we had at your beautiful hotel!

Sorry it took me so long to leave a review, but I was waiting for the professional photos. I have included some here, but I will be sending you a little gift very soon :)

Baci
Cristine + Michael

Room Tip: Right in the centre of Sorrento - walking distance to all tourist atractions!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CristineRomeo
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Mrs Christine,
I'm very happy to know that your wedding day was beautiful,
On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, I want to thank you for your kindness and for your beautiful words. They make us feel gratified with our work!
We hope to see you again as soon as possible.
Best regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for three nights and absolutely loved it. Staff was very friendly and helpful, anytime we needed any instructions they couldn't have been more helpful. The room was beautiful with a mosaic flooring, clean white bed linen and comfortable bed. Location of the hotel is fantastic as it is right in the centre of Sorrento village. Also we were given vouchers for Maison Tofani's sister restaurants in town. We tried both and absolutely loved the food!

Highly recommend Maison Tofani!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple