“Wonderful accommodation in Sorrento”
Review of Maison Tofani

Maison Tofani
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Maison Tofani and had a lovely stay. Every person we interacted with was friendly and professional. We found Nunzianna at the front desk to be so helpful in arranging activities, recommending restaurants and assisting with train and ferry schedules. The breakfast each morning was delicious with fruits and vegetables from Maria's (the owner) garden as well as fresh pastries and cakes. Maria was there every morning and always took time to talk with us and make sure we had everything we needed. The downtown location is convenient with easy access to the train and bus as well as shops and restaurants. The room was large and comfortable and extremely clean. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend Maison Tofani.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask for a room away from the street if you mind the noise. Once the shutters were cl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle L
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, I want to thank you for your kindness and for your beautiful words. They make us feel gratified with our work!
We hope to see you again as soon as possible.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Family of 3 on So Italy and Spain trip, stayed here 3 nights mid March. This was my top 2 favorite hotels overall on my trip. Booked the loft room but got free upgrade to the Deluxe room. The hotel is truly beautiful, we had a very comfortable stay. Breakfast was great and location is spot on. It is right on the shopping alley and easy 10 min walk to Marina to catch boat to Capri, and easy 5 mins to train station to go to Pompeii. But best of all is personal service from Giovanni. Right from the moment we arrived to when we left we felt truly taken care of. We used the hotel arranged transfers from Naples and to Positano, in both cases the rates matched the lowest price I found after a little shopping around (if you´re debating whether to take Circumvesuviana or private transfer from or to Naples, I advise to take private transfer if you have big luggage or traveling with small kids as the train can be quite rough, and always at risk for strikes. if you´re travelling light and on a budget then take train , as i dont feel safety is the issue, its mainly a convenience issue.)

I would recommend without reservation, will stay here again if we return to Sorrento. Thank you Giovanni for taking care of us!

Room Tip: I was very happy with deluxe room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Fiena
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guests,
We hope to see you soon again at Maison Tofani. It’s with great pleasure that we read your words and your review about our hotel.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We just returned from a lovely stay in Italy. We spent 3 days in Sorrento at Maison Tofani. We found this lovely facility on TripAdvisor and would definitely recommend it! While it was a little difficult to find, it was worth the inquiries at several shops to finally get there. The location was perfect, tucked away on an avenue where motorized vehicles are not permitted, allows for wandering in and out of the shops along the way. When we made purchases or needed to quickly grab an umbrella it wasn't out of the way to run back to the room. The room was clean and well equipped. Beds were AMAZING!! Breakfast offered each day in a beautiful dining room was scrumptious! Maria and her staff were very attentive. Giovanni and his staff made sure our every request was fulfilled. He recommended a tour of the Amalfi Coast with his cousin Gaetano; both were memories my husband and I will will cherish. Gaetano was entertaining all by himself but his knowledge of the area and willingness to share a stop at a mozzarella factory, a limoncello factory and ceramic factory as well as a wonderful lunch reservation in a restaurant on the water in Amalfi were truly highpoints during our trip! One downside: Our room only had a view of the neighboring b&b but we honestly didn't care. The room was quiet and offered a nice respite after our daily explorations. Highly recommended!

2  Thank binks521

Dear Guests,
I read with pleasure that your stay at Maison Tofani, was greatly appreciated.
I hope to see you again and we count you as among our special guests.
I send to you our kindest regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We travelled through south of Italy for 14 days this March, - and after staying in a couple of pretty different places, we both agree, that Maison Tofani was the best accommodation we have had on our tour. The room we had was nice and clean, fine in size, it had a balcony and an efficient beautiful bathroom. The breakfast is outstanding, - the 5 star hotel in Naples we stayed at later, couldn't compete at all with it! - you get everything you could possibly like. I liked most the freshly prepared vegetables, great variations every day, the cakes were delicious, - only the coffee was not as good as it can be in Italy - but again, it had been worse in Naples. Seems that the quality in coffee one gets in an italian bar is not what you should expect to get in a hotel. - Anyway, the Maison Tofani is a quiet, beautiful hotel with friendly staff and a receptionist - Giovanni - who takes care of all you need. You ae in good hands, and you will love to be here!

Room Tip: we stayed underneath the roof, with a balcony, with sea view. very nice, not too spacy though, - but...
2  Thank penelope44
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hi friends,
Here's why maison tofani is the best!
Cost..I stayed at 110 euros for a triple.
Location.. 2 min walk down pedestrian path from main tasso sq
Breakfast.. Fresh cut fruits,grilled veggies, eggs, sausages, the works!
Rooms..ours had even a kitchenette!
Atmosphere..see the pics on the net and it's just like that. Beautiful!
Lastly the people who take care of u including lovely Maria the owner makes this mansion feel
like home
It's a lovely maison so don't expect to reach ure room in an elevator.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, we want to thank you and we are waiting for you here to have another pleasant stay.
Your review and your words make us very happy! They motivate us to always do better too.
We are waiting for you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed for one night in March. Chose this hotel because of the reviews on TA. The hotel had given us the address of the car park and told us that we would be taken to the hotel from there. We arrived at the underground carpark, put our luggage in the shuttle and were dropped off in a square where Raz was waiting to help us with our luggage. We then walked through the pedestrian streets wondering where on earth we were going!
Arrrived at the hotel to a very warm welcome. Had a room on the top floor with a small balcony. The room was fairly small but charming. My husband who is very tall and kept banging his head on the sloped ceiling!!

The absolute treat at this hotel is breakfast. Just delicious! Everything is home made, lots of different cakes, grilled vegetables from the owner's garden. Everything was absolutely super.

You walk out of the door into the pedestrian streets all full of activity and shops.

When we left, same thing Raz came with us to the square where the garage brought us our car and disappeared on a scooter.

Everything was perfect and we will definitely be back. If you could arrange better weather next time, it would be absolutely perfect!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bubble177

Dear Guests,
I’m very glad that you had a pleasant stay at my Maison.
Thank you for your wonderful comments.
We hope to see you again as soon as possible!
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards.

Maria d’Esposito

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We spent two nights at Maison Tofani after taking the ferry to Sorrento from Naples. We were greeted warmly and helped through navigating our next weeks travels as we had no itinerary.
We can't say enough about the service, breakfast and beautiful breakfast room. We will recommend it highly to other friends heading that direction.

1  Thank Ladensack22
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,