“Comfort of Home in Shopping District”
Review of Maison Tofani

Maison Tofani
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and three sons stayed here for 2 nights during our stay in Sorrento. The hotel is centrally located in a street lined with shops and restaurants. We arrived via ferry and had no need for parking, which I believe is not available.
The rooms were very nice, with comfortable beds, nice bathrooms with good towels. They even had bathrobes available for each person. Everything was very clean and neat.
Breakfast was included and we had a huge selection from eggs, ham, cheese, quiche, fruits, cereal, yogurt, and plenty more. You can eat your breakfast in the dining room or on an outside terrace.
They had a library with many reading and guide books as well as the availability of a desktop computer.
The staff was very friendly and the manager, Giovanni, very accommodating and informative. His restaurant and tour recommendations were great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank acostajorge44
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, we want to thank you and we are waiting for you here to have another pleasant stay.
Your review and your words make us very happy! They motivate us to always do better too.
We are waiting for you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were fortunate enough to spend eleven nights here.
Our stay was made so enjoyable by the friendliness and professionalism of all the staff.
Each morning we looked forward to the breakfast delights particularly the different daily selection of pastries and the excellent espressos. With full days out (two of which were arranged by Giovanni) it was a pleasure to return to the hotel and relax on the roof top terrace.

1  Thank JP17

Dear Guests,
I’m very glad that you had a pleasant stay at my Maison.
Thank you for your wonderful comments.
We hope to see you again as soon as possible!
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards.

Maria d’Esposito

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Masion Tofani last summer and it was such a wonderful experience. The owners are fantastic people and make you feel so very welcome upon check in. The hotel itself is very beautiful.

Disclaimer: the hotel is in the middle of the shopping/city area of Sorrento. So if you are looking for those rocky sea views that many hotels in Sorrento offer, you will not get it here. With that said, the hotel is still excellent. The old world building it is set in is very beautiful and has a very unique layout.

The rooms themselves were wonderful. Very well appointed. I stayed in a roof top balcony room. Beds were fantastic, tv worked great, and the bathroom was very big and well equipped.

My favorite part of the hotel was the roof top terrace. Each evening my fiancé and our other couple we traveled with would have wine on top of the hotel. The views were amazing and this alone was worth staying at the hotel.

The food: this is the other reason to stay! Each morning the hotel offers the best continental breakfast we had in all of Europe. The staff and service is second to none.

Overall we loved the people and the hotel, the only thing lacking was the sea views. However, with that said you pay an arm and a leg for those views. For the money, could not ask for a better hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert C

Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for your detailed description and for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Returned from our 11 day Italy tour early last week. We spent 3 nights in Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast was the highlight of our tour. We stayed one night at Maison Tofani and wish we would have stayed longer after we discovered how beautiful and fantastic this little boutique hotel is. Everyone on the staff was great from Maria the owner, to Nancy at the front desk to the staff in the breakfast room. The breakfast spread was so plentiful and delicious and I would return to the hotel just to eat their breakfasts. The person I have to give special mention to is Giovanni the manager. He was very welcoming, professional, and helped with the transfer of our luggage from another hotel. He also arranged car service to the Naples airport and advice regarding travel timeframes. The hotel is surely the place to stay in Sorrento!

1  Thank california24
stofani, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guests,
I’m very glad that you had a pleasant stay at my Maison.
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the room and the breakfast
We hope to see you again as soon as possible!
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards.

Maria d’Esposito

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Maison Tofani for 5 nights in June and had a very comfortable stay. We were in room 303 which is a "superior" loft room with balcony. Vesuvius was visible over the rooftops which added a dimension to our stay. The room was adequate and clean. The headroom is limited which meant one or two bumps in the night for this six-footer - I was aware of that when I booked the room but, if you plan to book a loft room, think not just about avoiding beam collisions during the day but what the realities might be during a loo visit in the dark of the night! However, if I returned to the hotel, I'd be happy with the same room. The shower was the smallest size of quadrant which was fine for me but could be a challenge for the more corpulent punter.

Breakfast was good - as expected from a hotel of this class.

The staff were courteous and generally helpful. Annunziata in particular was a real pleasure to communicate with and made sure that everything ran smoothly. An Raf, the porter, was always keen to go the extra mile.

Location was excellent - 100m from Piazza Tasso and 30m from the excellent "La Lanterna" restuarant (a highlight of our stay).

All in all, I'd recommend Maison Tofani very highly.

1  Thank PhilWallace

Dear Guests,
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from a 5 night stay in this lovely hotel. True, there are no views, but everything else is perfect. Giovanni is without doubt the hotel's best asset - nothing is too much trouble for him and he made our stay memorable. He even went shopping for us! We went on the hotel boat trip to Capri, which did not disappoint, although there were only 6 of us in total and I think the maximum number of 9 would have been too many. Breakfast is is a feast and our half board option in the hotel's two restaurants was a good bonus. The rooms are large with plenty of storage space and despite the hotel's perfect location in the centre if town, we were never disturbed by noise from the street. The only negative of the whole trip was a day in Naples which quite frankly is a dump! Giovanni did not advise going there, so our fault entirely. If we ever manage to go back, I shall head directly to the Maison Tofani. A big thank you to all the staff, especially Giovanni, for making everything so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We had room 203, no complaints
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We are waiting for you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Tis is a little too late, but I hope that can be helpful to someone.We spent five fabulous days in Mayson Tofani on july 2013 ,it was the last place we visited in Italy after our seven weeks holiday .The small boutique hotel is beautiful thanks to the very tasteful renovation of the owner signora Maria ,the room was beautiful with high raked ceiling very big with lovely bathroom .the dining room was stunning whith a fresco ceiling renovated to perfection.Giovanni the manager was very friendly professional and gave good advice .The owner of Maison Tofani also have two restaurant both very good ,the breakfast was always delicious with plenty of homemade beautiful cake like sfogliatelle caprese baba' and the rest on neapolitan delicacy .We had a great holiday in a wonderful and professional structure love togo back one day. its highly recommended ,un grande grazie alla signora Maria e Giovanni ed un affettuoso saluto dall'australia.

Room Tip: we had a room on the side street very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,
We hope to see you soon again at Maison Tofani. It’s with great pleasure that we read your words and your review about our hotel.
Thank you very much.