“Vegetarian cafe in Sorrento”
Review of Mondo Bio

Mondo Bio
Ranked #131 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you're vegetarian and in Sorrento then Mondo Bio Cafe is a must. It's conveniently located just up from the train station, and although not very big serves a great range of vegetarian and vegan organic food and drink. The people who run it are most welcoming and friendly, and the food was so good that we ended up going back to eat there most days whilst we were in the area.

2  Thank Losowegores

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Over the course several weeks of travel in Italy we became resigned, for the most part, to working out off-menu choices that fit our requirements but which were generally uninspired and predictable; after a week or so, teasing out variations on pasta primavera gets a bit old. During our stay in Sorrento we were fortunate to be referred to Mondo Bio by the proprietor of our hotel who said she often shopped and sometimes dined there. It was a relief to find a place with an all vegetarian menu with vegan options where we could relax a bit. Over four days we had dinner at Mondo Bio three times. The While the cafe suffers from its limited size and aesthetically challenged location (seats less than 16 in close quarters, right off a busy roadway running through a nondescript residential area) it is not too far from the busy tourist center ) we enjoyed its laid-back atmosphere, relatively low cost and variety of vegetarian options. The vegan calzone was a real treat, as were the tasty fruit tart and chocolate cake (both vegan.) Their soup offerings were reliably good as well. The cafe and attached market offer organic beers and wines. This small establishment would be overwhelmed, I think, were it to draw more traffic, but we enjoyed everything immensely. The owner/waiter and chef were very solicitous, enthusiastic about their venture and appreciative of our praise.

3  Thank travlelf
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The owner/waiter explained that they were a vegetarian resturant and is passionate about the food and explained about the farm they have just a few miles further along the coast. We had a light supper here of Insalata Caprese and some pasta. Really tasty and filling. We are not vegetarian but found the food and service here excellent. Good value house wine. Easy to find from the station.

4  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Bad: My boyfriend's food was OK. A little bit chewy. However, they oversalted my risotto so much that I had to order a bottle of water and pour it into the risotto and still it was not good enough. I could not eat any of the risotto. I told the owner, he offered some other meal because I could not eat any of it. I ordered a lasagna, he said no. Instead, he gave me two cold calzones to go.

Good: I had the best caprese salad of my life here. It was right next to the train station. Also very close to where our hotel shuttle dropped us off.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stumbled over Mondo Bio Café one night walking back to my hotel in Sorrento. While I do not practice a vegan diet, I was curious to see how it tasted in Italy. When I arrived, they were about to begin closing, but the gentleman, whose name I cannot remember, allowed me to place the final order. I had not tried pesto over pasta during my trip to Italy, so they were able to prepare a plate of penne pasta with a side of fresh grilled vegetables. For dessert I had a wonderful piece of an almond flavored coffee cake. What I will remember most is how sweet and willing the chef and his staff were in accommodating me last minute! Stop by, you will be pleasantly surprised!