“Mariano is a GREAT tour guide!”

Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #38 of 156 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I arranged for Mariano to give us a custom tour in Naples after discovering his marvelous reviews on Tripadvisor. Through Cruise Critic I arranged for two other couples to share our tour. Mariano took us to Pompei, the Almalfi Coast and the Archeological Museum in Naples before returning us to our ship. Mariano also arranged for us to have lunch at a small, family run restaurant serving outstanding local food. The entire process of making the arrangements with Mariano through pleasantravel.com was professional and consisted of several emails to ensure our tour would be perfect. Mariano is an likeable, confident and knowledgeable tour guide with a fine vehicle for touring the area around Naples. I would HIGHLY recommend him and his business!

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site, and just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to send in your comments. It makes a lot of difference to us to see we are appreciated and to others who need a guide line when doing their bookings for the future. Thank you !!

All reviews
"homemade wine"
in 3 reviews
"authentic restaurant"
in 2 reviews
"cruise critic roll call"
"day trip"
"larger tour"
"a great tour guide"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Mariano was amazing and his tour stands out as one of our most memorable days of a 21 day European vacation. I joined a group through Cruise Critic and prearranged a tour with 3 other couples (whom we had never met). We were on the 7 day Royal Caribbean Western Med cruise and met up with Mariano while at port in Naples. He arrived promptly in his new Mercedes van and was very professional, yet friendly. As we drove to our various destinations he always had a bit of history or interesting facts about the area. When we were driving the Amalfi Coast there was a major traffic jam on the narrow roads. Mariano wasn't about to let us miss a stop because of the issue, so he jumped out of the van and walked the road to find out how to resolve the probelm. He instructed the bus driver on how to maneuver his vehicle to get through the extremely narrow hairpin turn and directed the other cars in the immediate area where to move to allow the traffic to flow again. He came walking back to the van, jumped in, and we were on our way. Who knows how long we would have been there without him handling the situation. We then learned he has also been a driving instructor in the area for many years. As we toured the area, he stayed away from the mainstream tourist traps that had the buses, and took us to some lovely areas that helped us appreciate the beauty of the land and people. He offered a lunch at a family style restaurant that grows their own veggies, makes their own cheese, wine and pastas and we all jumped on the opportunity....and WOW what a wonderful experience. We let Mariano order for us (he called them as we were enroute) and when we arrived there, he served us the food himself. This man does it all!! We went to Pompei where he handed us off to another tour guide specializing in that historical site. She was very pleasant and was more than happy to accomodate any length of tour we desired. I have to say, from beginning to end, it was just an excellent day lead by a man who is very proud of his country and has a passion to share it with visitors. I would absolutely recommend Pleasant Tours to anyone and everyone!!
Even after we were long gone and back in California, he was more than happy to assist me in my quest to order some of the homemade wine we had at the family restaurant. He visited them to find out which wine they would have been serving us at the time and responded back to my email with all the details on how to get my hands on some. I can't wait to suprise my husband with the flavors of Italy from that special day. His service and hospitality doesn't end just because you were done with the tour. I look forward to the opportunity to exploring more of Italy with Mariano!!

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Good day.
I've read the message of recommendation here on trip advisor. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I set up a tour for my husband and myself, with 2 other couples on the 10th of Nov. Mariano was waiting at the port of Naples and we got an early start. He told us we would drive across to Ravello and work our way back so as to not get stuck in the traffic. While on our way we stopped at a little cafe that he said had the best capaccino and treated us all...what a way to start the day! The rest of the day we travelled to many small towns along the coast, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, etc hearing all about the areas from a person who is truly passionate about his country. One of the highlights was lunch at his family's farm. This was a wonderful day of touring and I would highly recommend anyone to use Mariano. We look forward to our next visit

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for the good feedback on Trip Advisor site and just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to send in your comments. I think this is one of the best ways for future guests who want to know something of the quality of the service they will receive if they book their trips with my Company.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Mariano is a very lovely and fun individual to spend the day touring. I'm not one that like to go on tours but do the touring on my own. However, my girlfriend who had tour with Mariano before recommended to do Mariano's tour. I'm happy and glad I listened!! Mariano picked us up from the train station last month and identified us with a small sign he carried with him and little did I know I was off to an amazing day!! Mariano took us all over the Amalfi Coast: Positano, Sorrento, Ravello, Minori, Maiori, Cetara, Vietri Sul Mare and even took us to a special place for lunch over looking the ocean. Mariano got us back to the train station on time as well..I had a beautiful day and wonderful experience! I would def recommend Pleasant Travel to all my friends who plan to visit Italy!

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you very much for choosing us for your Italian vacations. It is great to know that our efforts are so much appreciated. It makes a lot of difference to us to see we are appreciated and to others who need a guide line when doing their bookings for the future. Thank you !!

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Myself and two acquaintances recently engaged Pleasant Travel for a customized tour of Herculaneum, Positano and the Amalfi coast.
The tour was very lively, and our guide, Mariano, was knowledgeable and eager to share his information and insights with us. He was quite engaging, and apparently has major family ties to the region, as he often proudly pointed out areas or places where many of his cousins/son, etc. either work or live.
At lunch, he took us to a small restaurant (surprise...) owned or worked in by a relative or friend. They were very welcoming, but offered no menu--just kept bringing dish after delicious dish, until I had to say "Basta!" The other people in my group were put off by the lack of a menu, but in the end, our tab for the whole meal was about $50 for three of us. Given all the incredibly good food, and the quantity, it was a bargain. And, the restaurant and delectable fare were very typical of the region.
The day was fun and informative, and Mariano, most accommodating. The van we drove in was new, with great visibility wherever you sat, and Mariano was an excellent driver.
If you just want a text-book experience, Pleasant Travel is not for you, or at least, Mariano is not. I enjoyed the personal, real-life aspect he brought to the experience.

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

I've read the message of recommendation here on trip advisor.
It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with us and
that you appreciate a really professional service.