“Great experience”

Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #46 of 151 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We booked with Mariano for a day trip to the Amalfi Coast from our hotel in Sorrento and also for a transfer to the train station in Naples that included a stop at Pompeii and lunch at a local pizza place in Naples. Mariano was prompt and professional during the planning and booking (by email) and did not seem to mind my overabundance of questions.

Both trips were perfect. The drivers were on time and very courteous, and there was and English speaking translator (Roberta) along for the ride which was an unexpected bonus. Roberta was able to point out many things of interest that we might have missed on our own. The guide arranged for us in Pompeii was wonderful, and the pizza we had for lunch in Naples at a small and unassuming local spot was the best of our trip! I will definitely use Mariano and Pleasant Day again.

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor.
It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciate a really professional service.

Thank you again for the good feedback.
Hope to see you soon.
Sincerely, Mariano Fiorentino

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We used Mariano and Pleasant Travel for all our transfers and a tour of Naples and Pompeii. Things could not have worked out any better. The transfers were on time, if not early, and our Tour of Naples and Pompeii was something to remember. Mariano set us up with an expert guide of Pompeii with very little notice and spent more time than we originally agree on showing us all the site of Naples. He even stopped for candy and gelato when neither were a part of the planned program. He went above and beyond just a tour. If you ever visit Naples, it is recommended you spend your day with Mariano, you will not find anybody better.

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thanks a lot for the good feedback.

It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with
us and that you appreciate a really professional service.

Mariano

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My friend and I booked a tour with Mariano to drive us around the Amalfi Coast and go to Vesuvius. It was a customized tour based on the places we wanted plus other places he recommended.

Based on the positive reviews for Pleasant Travel, we decided to book with Mariano while we were staying in Sorrento. Such a great choice to go with him! Mariano was so knowledgeable about the place and Italy in general. He drove us around the Amalfi Coast and we would stop in different locations so we can take pictures. He was very friendly and would tell us his stories of travels around Europe. He also gave us free time in Positano to enjoy the place and the scenery. He also drove us around the non-touristy spots. Amazing! We would never find those places on our own.

As part of our customized tour, he also drove us to Vesuvius so we can hike to the top.

Overall, very well recommended! Worth every euro penny! We had an easy time communicating with him over in email and phone. He even helped us out with our travel planning while we were in Sorrento. Such a nice guy!

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Good day. I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression. We do our best and its nice to hear it is worth while

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I toured with Mariano during a cruise in June 2007, and enjoyed it so much I used him again when I went in May 2014. His love of this area is evident, as is his vast knowledge. A day filled with beautiful sites, photo ops and a great lunch. Mariano could not have been more accommodating with any request that was made.
By far the highlight of our day (and our entire trip) was when we stopped at his families farm. Such a unique experience to see how families in this region actually live. Both he and his wife could not have been more gracious and inviting!

Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We (a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids ages 22, 21 and 19) booked a tour from our cruise port in Naples, Italy with Pleasant Travel. We arranged the tour with Mariano and he answered emails promptly and it was very easy to arrange our tour with him.
Antonio and Priscilla picked us up at the port for an amazing day. We drove to Sorrento, Positano, though the Amalfi Coast, had an amazing meal at a hidden restaurant where the "locals" eat, visited Pompeii and then back to the cruise ship.
Antonio drove and Priscilla narrated during the day. She was very knowledgable and gave us history and background as we were driving around the coast. Antonio would stop the van at prime photo spots for us to get out and take some great pics. They were totally flexible to do what we wanted to do and spend more time where we wanted to. Priscilla kept saying that she was there for us…. it was our vacation.
We met Mariano and had an amazing time seeing his family farm and meeting some of his extended family. His wonderful wife gave us a snack before we continued on our journey. What a great guy with a warm and inviting family! They made us feel like we were friends from years past.
It was an amazing day for our family and one that we will never forget! We highly recommend pleasant travel for an amazing tour from Naples!

I have just seen your comments on the web and want to put on record my thanks for taking time out to offer this feed back to future guests who want to know something of the quality of the service they will receive if they book their trips with my Company.