“Great restaurant”

Re Food
Ranked #34 of 288 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$19 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The highliht was the beef steak and the beef my wife ordered. Restaurant was a bit noisy. Desserts were sort of average. Very gracious to give us some wine on the house.

There are newer reviews for Re Food

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We went to Re Foods on our first night in Sorrento and our only regret was that we didn't get the chance to go back. The food was superb and it was obvious that they only use really high quality ingredients. In addition, the atmosphere was good, the service was good and we had a great wine recommended to us by the waiter. Definitely go if you get the chance. Good value for a top quality, good value meal.

(PS - worth mentioning that this is not a pizza and pasta restaurant of the kind that's normally associated with Italian food in the UK. I'm not knocking those places - I really like pizza and pasta - but ReFoods is much more about really good ingredients and Italian taste. It does have a pasta course, but it doesn't include bolognese, carbonara and lasagne type dishes. If that's what you're in the mood for, best try elsewhere.)

2  Thank DB-Kinnaird
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We identifed this restaurant as the one we wanted to eat in on our last night to finish off a lovely stay in Sorrento. We saw all the very good reviews and had a peek in the night before.
The restaurant is beautifully designed, with amazing decor. On our arrival we were met with a warm welcome and a glass of Champagne (free of charge).
The staff throughout were attentive, warm and fussed over our 5 year old daughter - as all the Italians do! They are amazing with children and she lapped up the attention!
I ordered the grilled Aubergine to start but they had just ran out! We proceeded to order 3 mains with sides (seasonal veg and chips both of which were good). Our daughter ordered Lasagne - a little too rich for her but I thought it was delicious. My partner ordered the filet steak with pink peppercorn sauce and I the filet steak with Provolone and Hazlenuts. It took well over an hour to receive our food! The waiting staff were very apologetic and we were understanding for the first 40 minutes but then it was becoming a little annoying as our daughter was becoming tired as it was late.
When the food finally arrived the waiter explained the kitchen staff had messed up the order.......they said they were waiting on the chef to cook the steak in peppercorn well done? I think they were confused when my partner order it medium to well done as the steak was half pink half well done!
I had ordered mine medium but it was well done. The little one had well gone past it and was full from eating all the free bread! y the way the free bread is amazing - one of them tastes of Liqourice! I would have given them a 4 out of 5 if they would have amended the bill or offered us a free glass of wine etc for the inconveinience but they never. The waiter was very apologetic but I thought a gesture of goodwill would have been appropriate.
I had a glass of the house red (5 euros) which was a BIG glass and very nice indeed. My partner had the white, again very BIG. In fact she could only manage one glass!
The bill included a 10 euro service charge which I thought was a bit cheeky given the wait we had. Total bill was 75 euros. The steaks were poor, the sauces amazing, good lasagne, decent wine, top notch service - bad night for the chef!
I wouldnt want this review to stop people eating here as I just think they had a minor blip but have to gudge it on our one and only meal. I would actually like to return but maybe order something else - the linguini looked amazing!

1  Thank mobeverton
Reviewed 30 April 2012

we wandered in here by chance and were warmly welcomed with a glass of prosecco.
nothing was too much trouble for the excellent waiters and there were so many special touches including serving the food 'the Italian way' when we girls got a bit flirty.
we really enjoyed the gorgeous food and the fun evening that the staff worked so hard to create.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This has been the most pleasant place to eat I have ever found in Italy. And I have been here 17 times. I bring my Latin students. The service is friendly and speedy. Courteous at all times and a lovely dining atmosphere. I am looking forward to this June 2012.